Uk Settlement Visa

Steve (Toddmeister),

I think it was you I was telling about an old Visa settlement checklist I had seen somewhere.... Well, it was in this post (post number 8), as far as I know it has not been updated.

So I am including it anyway, can't hurt mate.

Frog

Cheers Frog. It does look like an old document though (no English test etc) and there now doesn't seem to be an equivalent list on the UKBA site.

One thing I did notice the other day was that the VAF4A Annex (for English Language requirement) appears to have been removed from the site too. Maybe its after the recent change to online applications? but I think its now included on the settlement form rather than including an additional page. Anyone else noticed?

Regards

Hi Guys

My other half has just received her fiancee visa and quick too. Its fair to say that our case was pretty water tight although I purposely didn't put stacks of supporting papers in to the embassy but made sure that they had everything they needed.

I had one huge problem though and that was contact with my other half - She doesn't have Email and our calls to each other were through calling cards / using the phone in work - almost impossible to validate these but what I did have was a SMS message pretty much everyday since we met - Initially on pay as you go so no itemised bills available. I took photos of each of the SMS messages stored on my blackberry and printed them 9 to each A4 page. When I changed my phone to the I-phone, I found a feature which allows you to screen print SMS messages and subsequently print them - BINGO!!! i should add that on both phones I deleted my fiancee's name so that it showed her phone number instead which of course the same phone number entered on her application contact details.

Hope that helps because I know other people have had issues with proving contact through calling cards.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Im in the process of applying for a settlement visa for my wife and was wandering,

Has anyone got a more recent settlement visa checklist? (Ive already printed Jack31 which is great)

Also i see no mention of or a requirement for a TB test certificate on any website (UK border agency etc), we are looking to move and live in the Uk for several years does anyone know if this TB cert is still a requirement?

Any help would be much appreciated.

The UKBA, for some reason, no longer provide a check list as such. You should provide evidence of your relationship; marriage certificate obviously but also evidence of contact if you have been living apart or evidence that you live together if you do. You should also provide evidence of your finances and the accommodation available to you in the UK.

The TB certificate is still required, see Tuberculosis testing in Thailand.

With respect to Jack31 and others, the pinned information is a bit out of date. I do intend to provide more up to date info in a new pinned thread; when I can find the time!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All

My wife and I are now in the process of applying for UK settlement visa, and after many weeks of gathering documents and writing letters she tells me that she also needs to write a covering letter to include with our visa application. Has anyone any knowledge of this? I know I have to write a letter as her sponsor but I have not read anywhere of a requirement for her to also write a letter of introduction.

I also include a list of the supporting documents we have gathered.

6 months bank statements

6 month wage slips

mortgage doc.

land registry doc.

Council tax doc.

home ins doc.

telephone records

letter from company accountant

letter from sponsor

letter from parents

evidence of hers and mine previous travel to Thailand and the UK

Utility bills

BULATS Cert.

TB cert.

copies of passports

photographs of home interior

photos of me and her together and with parents

If anyone can think of something I may have overlooked I would be very grateful if you can advise me what else we need to do.

There is no need that I am aware of for her to write a covering letter; although you as sponsor should do so.

Your document list is a bit long:

mortgage doc., land registry doc You need to show ownership of the property and either one of these will do, no need for both.

Council tax doc., home ins doc Not needed.

6 month wage slips, letter from company accountant Are you employed or self employed? If employed your payslips are fine, no need for any letter from an accountant. If self employed then where do the pay slips come from?

letter from parents Not needed unless you will be living with them.

Utility bills Not needed

photographs of home interior Not strictly necessary, although many people like to include them as evidence that the accommodation is suitable.

I agree that it is better to give too much rather than too little.

However, ECOs only have a few minutes to check through everything and come to a decision; give too much that is not needed and it is possible that the ECO will miss something vital.

I agree that it is better to give too much rather than too little.

However, ECOs only have a few minutes to check through everything and come to a decision; give too much that is not needed and it is possible that the ECO will miss something vital.

Because the ECO will ALWAYS read the sponsors letter (and it's probably one of the first things he'll look at) I always suggest including an index of all the supporting documents being supplied as part of that letter. As the VFS staff tend to jumble the documents up and put them out of any order this index will (hopefully) be an ideal reference for to ECO when he's looking for particular documents and give less chance of any being missed. He can also then see at a glance from the index if a document he needs hasn't been supplied.

Edited by sumrit