How Much For New Aliminum Water Tank And Pump

Hi anyone got a rough idea of how much a large aliminuim water tank and pump would cost for a largest house (4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms) and garden and how much it would cost for fitting it

Thanks

Topic moved.

Edited by penzman

Diamond brand 1000 lit. stainless steel tank about 6000 baht. Pump around 4000 baht, maybee less if you shop a bit. Instillation costs depend upon how much pvc piping and electrical cable you need. For a short run materials about 1000 baht + labour costs.

As said around the 6,000 baht level for stainless steel tank in the 1-1.25kl range but depending on your usage you may want to have two tanks if water source is not dependable.

Pumps you have the choice of the normal well pumps that most people use and the range 6-10,000 for good units with more than minimal pressure. For normal city pressure of about 65psi you could use a Grundfos type pump (was 11,040 baht at Home Pro last month). But you may exceed the capacity of your water pipes and have leaks (workmanship is often not that good here) and this is about double the pressure of the well type pumps.

It depends on how many people are in the house.

We have 2000 litre tank and it only lasts us 2 days max, with

about 5 people in the house.

With the current water shortages and irregular supply, I would go for

more than a 1000 litre tank.

Also make sure you have a tap. before the supply to the tank, and

makes sure that is used for garden watering and car washing, thus

preserving your supply in the tank

Hi anyone got a rough idea of how much a large aliminuim water tank and pump would cost for a largest house (4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms) and garden and how much it would cost for fitting it

Thanks

Topic moved.

Aliminium tank?.....................you obviously want to poisen everybody.

I should have said stanless steel tank! Thanks everyone for your help! :o

I agree with the tank prices but be careful with your choice of pumps.

You will need a minimum of 250w. Do not even think about anything less.

A 250w locally made pump will cost you 5000b, a 500w Davy pump will set you back 24000b.

When you have used both you will appreciate the different quality.

Edited by Thetyim

I agree with the tank prices but be careful with your choice of pumps.

You will need a minimum of 250w. Do not even think about anything less.

A 250w locally made pump will cost you 5000b,  a 500w Davy pump will set you back 24000b.

When you have used both you will appreciate the different quality.

So what do you recommend Thetym?

I would have concerns over the 500w pump overpressurising the PVC distribution system and leaking fittings.

Perhaps a solution to that would be to intall a pressure-regulating valve on the pump discharge and an over-pressure relief valve that would discharge back to the tank... a bit OTT and expensive I reckon. :o

I never had any problems with leaks when using the Davy pump.

The pressure is not that much higher but the flow rate is much better.

The cheaper pumps do not provide a constant pressure. The shower head pressure will fluctuate as the pressure switch cuts in and out.

This is not a big problem, it just makes the system feel cheap.

Personally I would not fork out 24000b again for a pump.

I would buy two 250w pumps and use one for downstairs and one for upstairs.

You can set the cut in and out pressure of the local made pumps to overcome the pressure change - my last Mitsubishi 401 had very little difference as received from dealer - the pump will run more but agree the equal pressure is worth it.

Have installed a Grundfos and had a 5oz leak every minute from newest bathroom - where is was have no idea as have replumbed with external pipe rather than digging up the floor and walls. The PVC should take the higher pressure if it is installed right but that is always suspect here. I would not use this pump in a rental home. :o