Has Anyone Been To The Embassy Recently

Me and my girlfiend are going to the embassy on 10th may, her sister has told her we have to phone the embassy first and not queue up, has anyone any further info on this or know of any recent changes that have been enforced ?

Also if this is her second visitor visa is it normally issued on the day ?

She visited uk last year for 3 months and returned in october.

many thanks

darren

Hi Darren,

As far as I'm aware the embassy is still seeing upto 70 person callers per day, so it shouldn't be a problem. If your g/f has had a UK visa before, her circumstances haven't changed, and she complied with the terms of her last visa, then there's a good chance that her second visa will be issued the same day.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Darren,

I went to the British Embassy (on the Tuesday) a two week ago to renew my wife visitor's visa. Arrived at 600am there was about seventy people in front of us. By 7.30am another 150 people behind us. Fortunately the Embassy staff came out and 'weeded' a few people out, agents etc! By the time we were in (730am), we were 20th in the queue. We were seen in about 30 mins, not too bad. We were told to come back Thursday to pick up the visa which we did.

Although I asked for 6months visa I thought I don't want to go through this every year so I asked for a 5 year visa, but was given a 2 year and told when this expired all I need to do was post my wife passport and they would issue her with a five visa. We came out at 0900am and they were still seeing people, more than 70 people!

regards

Nigel

Darren,

I went to the British Embassy (on the Tuesday) a two week ago to renew my wife visitor's visa. Arrived at 600am there was about seventy people in front of us. By 7.30am another 150 people behind us. Fortunately the Embassy staff came out and 'weeded' a few people out, agents etc! By the time we were in (730am), we were 20th in the queue. We were seen in about 30 mins, not too bad. We were told to come back Thursday to pick up  the visa which we did.

Although I asked for 6months visa I thought I don't want to go through this every year so I asked for a 5 year visa, but was given a 2 year and told when this expired all I need to do was post my wife passport and they would issue her with a five visa. We came out at 0900am and they were still seeing people, more than 70 people!

regards

Nigel

thanks nigel and scouse

darren

Just as a little aside to the various threads about the British embassy, given the consistently high number of people who need to visit each day, shouldn't they have more staff on hand? Or how about staying open throughout normal office hours, to avoid those horrendous twice-daily log-jams? And would it break the Bank to extend the awning a little further down the road, so that the poor devils at the back of the queue at least had some shade? I was there twice about a month ago, when the temp briefly hit 40 in BKK, and on both occasions I saw people taken ill. (Incidentally, if anyone else was in the Consular section on March 29th and saw the guy collapse, I'd like to know if he was OK) As a Brit, I found it rather embarrassing that the conditions at the embassy (which, after all is the "face" of the UK in Thailand) only seem to add to what is often already a stressfull situation. How do we compare with other embassies in BKK, ie US, French, German, etc?