Uk Pension For A Thai Widow?

Niloc

I had a very good friend who died two years ago after going to a lot of trouble to ensure his Thai wife would receive a widows pension if he died.

My mate made a lot of investigation including telephone calls to the UK to make sure his wife would receive a pension if he died.

Now it seems she is getting the pension but it is being paid to his daughter in London but she (the daughter) only forward the cash on a very irregular basis if at all!

It looks to me that the money is being diverted (stolen?) but the lady really needs the cash, what should she do?

Is there any UK law that requires any pension can only be paid to a UK citizen?

Can anyone suggest a plan to ensure the lady receives her entitlement??

Thanks,

Niloc

Here's a website with entitlement details and downloadable leaflets and contact addresses www.dsdni.gov.uk/index/ssa/benefit_information/a-z_of_benefits/widows_pension.htm

You do not need to be a UK citizen and state pensions are payable anywhere in the world.

Check the entitlement and then contact Social security dept. If she has her late husbands National Insurance number that will make things quicker and easier.

Just a follow on from my previous post. The details i gave related to UK state pensions.

If the widows pension is from a private or company pension entitlement then you need to find out who the company or Insurance co was resonsible for payment. Google the detals of the company and write to them with all the relevant info that the lady has. Pensions are payable outside of the UK.

It is a state pension, poor old Ron could not afford any other typw.

I will notify the lady and send her to the British Embassy, I believe there is one in Chiang Mai. I will report back here if we succeed.

Could this be a can of worms about to open, though?

The DAUGHTER of the late husband having control of, and access to, her late father's State Pension, before his wife has any say in it?

Seems to me a bit of a "workaround" has been done in some way, or probate hasnt been correctly applied, and there is a spurious bank account open in the late man's name that shouldnt be.

The ex wife is now able to get the pension sent direct to Thailand, so the course of action should start by contacting the late husbands daughter, perhaps?

Penkoprod