Another Heavy Crash With A Silver - Grey Vip Liner Chiangmai - Chiangrai

ManilaLover

Last week another heavy crash with a silver - grey VIP Liner bus that goes from Chiangmai to Chiangrai, near San Pa Pao, Doi Saket... (and amazing how little attention to this in the local media)

We all know these poorly revised slanting-tracked old pick-ups and songteaws, yesterday I was driving my car on the 118 at a 100 km/h and quickly taken over by the same bus, it clearly had the same problem, could not believe this !

Probably this was the one that crashed a year ago just 5 kilometer furtheron after being revised.

'Total-loss' does not exist here !

busg.gif

i guess when they figure they can do a patch job on wrecked vehicals that should be crushed and repaint them to look new its ok

the sooner the govt implements 6 monthly/annual vehical safety inspections the better

i guess when they figure they can do a patch job on wrecked vehicals that should be crushed and repaint them to look new its ok

the sooner the govt implements 6 monthly/annual vehical safety inspections the better

A quick word or two in favour of the standards of the grey/green CM-CR bus company.

I use that road every day. Firstly I have never seen one 'crabbing' due to bad wheel/axle alignement or whatever, though some would fail emissions tests.

I have never seen any of their drivers behaving badly.

I was a witness to the accident at km 9 some 18 months ago when one of these buses, doing a reasonable speed northwards, swerved right to avoid a motorcycle moron who just drove out in front of him. The bus went up on 2 wheels and ended on its side just off the south bound carriageway.

Passengers were shaken but not stirred, but tragically 2 men in a south bound pick up were killed and 3 or 4 other road users injured.

The culprit was slightly injured, arrested, and died in jail awaiting trial. I bet he didn't get much medical treatment. Local gossip says he was an illegal immigrant from Burma.

A quick word or two in favour of the standards of the grey/green CM-CR bus company.

I use that road every day. Firstly I have never seen one 'crabbing' due to bad wheel/axle alignement or whatever, though some would fail emissions tests.

I have never seen any of their drivers behaving badly.

I was a witness to the accident at km 9 some 18 months ago when one of these buses, doing a reasonable speed northwards, swerved right to avoid a motorcycle moron who just drove out in front of him. The bus went up on 2 wheels and ended on its side just off the south bound carriageway.

Passengers were shaken but not stirred, but tragically 2 men in a south bound pick up were killed and 3 or 4 other road users injured.

The culprit was slightly injured, arrested, and died in jail awaiting trial. I bet he didn't get much medical treatment. Local gossip says he was an illegal immigrant from Burma.

Have used the Green Bus Company VIP service between CM and CR many times, most recently last weekend. I have always found the drivers to be pretty good and the vehicles have felt ok to me.

Not sure if the OP is referring to one particular vehicle - he does not say where he gets his information from about the repairs and maintenance.

Rgds

There are already bi yearly inspections for yellow plated vehicles (ie commercial with passengers)

I think it was introduced about 2 yrs ago.

The fine is pretty steep if you miss the inspection date.

Have used the Green Bus Company VIP service between CM and CR many times, most recently last weekend. I have always found the drivers to be pretty good and the vehicles have felt ok to me.

Not sure if the OP is referring to one particular vehicle - he does not say where he gets his information from about the repairs and maintenance.

Rgds

It was one of those grey-green buses indeed, followed it for 20 seconds because could not believe what I saw, went a bit to the left and right to see if it was true. But the guy was driving too fast to see the letters on the licenceplate.

Did'nt know this is called 'crabbing'

Btw does anyone know what happened with the reckless busdriver who had 20 teachers killed 2 years ago in the mountains between CM-CR ? Did he rot away in jail too ? I hope so. Actually I expected this guys just to continue their work after few weeks.