Thai Airways

kp86

Hi all,

Anyone flown LHR - BKK with Thai airways recently? I am planning on flying with them in May but have heard a rumour they only have a central tv screen, no back seat IFE? Just want to check if this is still the case or if they have upgraded since? It will def be a no-no to them if they have no back seat tv's - thats the only way i survive long-haul flights!

thanks

I completely understand. I much prefer individual screens. I've never flown that exact route, but on my long-haul Thai Airways flights, economy class did NOT have individual screens. However, premium economy (which I flew) had excellent on-demand individual screens...one of the many reasons why the upgrade to premium is completely worth it!

I typically fly that route twice per year using Thai Airways. In my experience, they always use fairly old 747s which do not have individual screens nor do they have premium economy. The seats are also old and uncomfortable for long haul flights. Usually I use my frequent flyer miles to upgrade to business class.

Several people have recommended Eva Air to me. New planes, comfortable seating with good service. Otherwise, if cost is your main priority, you could look at some of the Mid East airlines like Emirates, Etihad or Qatar Air, which can have some cheap deals on reasonable aircraft but require you to change planes on route.

I typically fly that route twice per year using Thai Airways. In my experience, they always use fairly old 747s which do not have individual screens nor do they have premium economy. The seats are also old and uncomfortable for long haul flights. Usually I use my frequent flyer miles to upgrade to business class.

Several people have recommended Eva Air to me. New planes, comfortable seating with good service. Otherwise, if cost is your main priority, you could look at some of the Mid East airlines like Emirates, Etihad or Qatar Air, which can have some cheap deals on reasonable aircraft but require you to change planes on route.

Personally I have always found Thai Airways to be overrated,your friends are right to recommend Eva Air as a worthy alternative.

Have a good flight.

Thanks guys, I don't think il go with Thai airways if they haven't got the tv (can never ever sleep on planes so films are my saviour). I have flown EVA before and they were great so il think il try them again.

Thanks again.

Thanks guys, I don't think il go with Thai airways if they haven't got the tv (can never ever sleep on planes so films are my saviour). I have flown EVA before and they were great so il think il try them again.

Thanks again.

Smart move. EVA are flying in the 21st century! :)

wow ur a picky b......, its no so long a flight to the land of smiles......... will u watch tv when u are here?

Hardly being picky, I personally consider 11/12 hours stuck in a Thai bone rattler with little or no entertainment quite daunting, that's one of the reasons I don't fly Thai any more, coupled with their prices.

Thai seem to have got the message, well at least as far as entertainment goes, they recently announced they will be upgrading their entertainment systems.

Not really sure what watching tv when in Thailand has got anything to do with entertainment on flights though.