TheBlue book is the actual ownership book you will need if you ever need to sell the condo etc. You will also need it to get telephone service ets. Whithout that book you just dont own the place really.

Was your name written in Thai in the country that you were born or on your passport, birth certificate etc? If not then why would it be written in passa Thai in your blue book? Is there in English? If so then you dont need to worry. YOUR NOT THAI.

Not quite! The Blue Book in no way relates to ownership. It, the Blue Book, only lists Thais that are registered as residing at that address. A farang cannot be registered in a Blue Book, unless he/she has PR status. The Chanote is the only document that legally records who actually owns the property.

Edited by InterestedObserver

And why there isn't my name written in thai language in the first page of the Blue Book?

Farangs, except those with PR status, can get a Yellow Book with their name registered therein. If you own a condo then you would be listed as 'Master' on the first page of the Yellow Book.

Edited by InterestedObserver

The important document is the chanote. If your name is on that document, you own the property. The blue book is, as was mentioned above, is proof of residence for the Thai people. Thai immigration was perfectly happy with a copy of my chanote and never mentioned a blue or yellow book as proof of residence.

TheBlue book is the actual ownership book you will need if you ever need to sell the condo etc. You will also need it to get telephone service ets. Whithout that book you just dont own the place really.

False! Please do not give erroneous information.

My lady many years ago sold her house and land but kept the blue book which meant that she kept the address (so I am told) now that I have brought her some land and building a house on it she says that she can use her old address for the new house