Everton Thread

sharecropper

Hello there fellow blues!

Now that Bale is likely to be out on Sunday, do we believe we have a chance against Spurs? Who knows, a win against them and Arsenal and we could be in line for that 4th spot! I won't hold my breath, though. This is Everton I'm talking about. I'll be happy with 6th and stay above the red s^#>e. What are your expectations come the end of the season?

Definately no Bale and Lennon is a doubt too. You have an excellent oppotunity.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're missing Fellaini and Pienaar so I think the loss of Bale is counteracted with the loss of them two. Who knows? Good game in prospect!

Our attack plan is based on fast counter attacking, quicks breaks using our pace on the flanks. Bale and probably Lennon are crocked and both back up wingers loaned out. i see Everton being far more effective conpensating for their absentees than Spurs with theirs.

Basically we'll be very static, slow build up with loads of possession but little penetration. The biggest danger to Everton would be if Dembele was pushed up the field to try and create more penetrating openings but i think he'll stay deep which is to your benefit.

Bugger. I've already put you down for a win (Spurs that is)

Oh i'm not saying we won't win. I just think the games more about what Everton bring to the table. Lennon might play but if not they don't have to deal with our main threats and its up to them to take the game to us.

To be fair they have also dealt with Bale very well in the past anyway so thats no excuse either.

I have only just discovered that the Blue Kipper forum is back up and running, so signed on (or so I thought) but the bastards have rejected me!!!!!

I mean how low can one man sink. Not even good enough for BK. Perhaps I don't swear enough.

<deleted>

For those who have been up all night worrying, fear not, all is now OK.

I politely queried what the problem was, and have since had a reply saying sorry, the spam filter is a bit sensitive. Means eff all to me, but I am re-instated without a stain on my character.

To the many who sent pm's saying they were raising petitions on my behalf, thanks for your good wishes and you are now free to divert your energy in other directions.

Blue Kipper is only a shadow of it's former self anyway, I think people are preferring twitter to that type of forum.

Been travelling this week - I expected Everton to lose to Spurs so the disappointment of throwing away a lead was tempered by that. But I think that result effectively ends our half-attempt on a CL place, and I honestly don't expect us to be in the Europa either - fantastic if we get there though.

What's happened to Jelavic this season? Very disappointing.

I've never been a fan of jelavic, I knew he was not the best of players although he did have a great spell when he arrived last year. If he would have pulled his weight as scored goals (the job we bought him to do) we could well have been contesting for a 3rd/4th place . I'll be happy with 5th but 6th wouldn't be too much of a disappointment either.

Anichebe is developing into a good player now and hopefully with the addition of a new striker in the summer as well as holding onto Baines and Fellaini, we could well be challenging for that champs league spot (although its not over yet, I don't think we have the strength and depth that others have).

A lot of what happens next season though depends on Mr. Moyes' decision

What are your aspirations for the remainder of the season/upcoming season?

Yes Jelavic has been a bit disappointing.

On the other hand I did not expect us to be 6 points clear of 'them' at this stage, and barring any major changes to the financial structure I think we are about as good as we are going to be in the foreseeable future.

• 3 weeks later...

15 pages tsk tsk I guess that explains how the peoples club rolls .

Anyhows will Gollum leave & go to utd to sit on fergies lap 'til fergie gets bored & hands the reigns over to a successful manager like mourinho?

I guess the cleaning lady will be relieved if he goes as well ,all those trophies he accumulated over 11 years must be a pain to clean.ohmy.png

What do you reckon - Moysey out (but where would he go if not to Old Trafford - to Germany?) and the man who snubbed Liverpool in - Martinez...

yeah reckon you're getting martinez. would perhaps go for neil lennon myself like. the man who snubbed liverpool. bless. so blue.

What do you reckon - Moysey out (but where would he go if not to Old Trafford - to Germany?) and the man who snubbed Liverpool in - Martinez...

yeah reckon you're getting martinez. would perhaps go for neil lennon myself like. the man who snubbed liverpool. bless. so blue.

Great to see you back in the fray, but shouldn't you lot be marching/protesting/agitating/moaning about the oppression of the Liverpool Working Man by, er, your footy club and their rapacious American land raiders?

Or is Liverpool FC fans' Mouthy Culture telescopic, in that it doesn't see injustices that are (literally) so close to home they're on your own doorstep?

Here's an interesting senario:

Moyes goes to Man Utd.

Mourinho goes to Chelski.

Benitez is then available, and could go back to Liverpool as Everton's new manager!

How do you Evertonians feel about that happening?

Everton can confirm that David Moyes will leave the Club at the end of the season.

The Manager met Chairman Bill Kenwright early yesterday evening (Wednesday 8th May) and confirmed his desire to join Manchester United.

The Chairman, on behalf of the Club, would like to place on record his thanks to David for the massive contribution he has made to Everton since his arrival in March 2002. He has been an outstanding Manager.

During his tenure at Goodison Park, David has taken charge of the team on over 500 occasions including four European campaigns.

His final two games as Everton Manager will be the remaining Premier League matches against West Ham United and Chelsea.

Everton officials will start the search for a replacement manager immediately.

Neil Lennon being linked with the Everton job now.

i think lennon would be a smart appointment, both for him and them. but it's kenwright. who at the moment sounds proud that united have taken moyes. like his kid has just got into oxford or something.

Here's an interesting senario:

Moyes goes to Man Utd.

Mourinho goes to Chelski.

Benitez is then available, and could go back to Liverpool as Everton's new manager!

How do you Evertonians feel about that happening?

He's too much the Big Spender. I don't really care about his former job (Liverpool I mean), but he wouldn't be right for us.

David Moyes has just said it will be really hard leaving Everton..............cos his car is on bricks ;-)

laugh.png

I reckon Martinez with Rafa as a distinct possibility.

Edited by uptheos