Everton Thread

sharecropper

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day Everon fans join Liverpool in pathetically blaming referees for some outageous bias is the day I become, er, a 'Liverpoo' fan.

If we lose we lose.

Who does BlueScouse support then? He was the one who posted the link.

Yeah but he hardly bleated and moaned, just ironically said: Doesn't look too good for Everton after reading this from the Mail.

And as for Carmine's post, well, I guess I'll save a reply until after the game. It could go either way - they don't like it up 'em when we play them, but they're a better team. A draw would make me very happy.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can get the fuzzy bean pole scoring again, i reckon there's half a chance you could kic the chavs and the arse wipes out of the champions lge cheesy.gif now that really would be the icing on the cake.

Speedy recovery wishes to Howard. Nice guy.

I suppose there's never a good time to break your back, but if there were, this is definitely not it, at this stage of the season, especially with a quarter final tonight. He will be sorely missed (no pun intended).

I suppose there's never a good time to break your back, but if there were, this is definitely not it, at this stage of the season, especially with a quarter final tonight. He will be sorely missed (no pun intended).

Don't quite understand how you can break two bones in your back and be back playing professional football after four weeks, which is what they are suggesting, but there you go. How good is the stand in, Mucha?

Everton to their credit have done well. However that could all fall apart if Moyes goes and there are several clubs looking atgrabbing Everton players, including the overvalued Fellani.

I think if anything Fellani is undervalued. If he did something about that barnet that makes him look a tool and means some people don't take him seriously, his value would go up. Barnet aside, not my sort of player. A red card waiting to happen.

Everton to their credit have done well. However that could all fall apart if Moyes goes and there are several clubs looking atgrabbing Everton players, including the overvalued Fellani.

I could happily wave Moysey off with a massive thank you. He has tried; we will never get a better performance out of a manager on such a tight budget, but he needs to move forward and on to bigger and better things, although it is only Arsenal out of the bigger clubs who I think could tempt him in the UK (Mourinho for Man U, who knows at City, Nobody with common sense at Chelsea, and AVB happy at Spurs.) otherwise I can see him going to Germany, which is a league he has often said he likes.

Maybe if we won the FA Cup and got into Europe...well, I've supported them too long to even finish that sentence.

Don't quite understand how you can break two bones in your back and be back playing professional football after four weeks, which is what they are suggesting, but there you go. How good is the stand in, Mucha?

He's OK. But who can honestly think their number 2 keeper is going to inspire as much confidence in their team or on the terraces as their number 1?

Because Howard's form has been so good, he's largely been kept out of the team and I have no idea how he would fare in a Premiership campaign, but let's look on the bright side. He was in goal for our last game, and we won that...

I think if anything Fellani is undervalued. If he did something about that barnet that makes him look a tool and means some people don't take him seriously, his value would go up. Barnet aside, not my sort of player. A red card waiting to happen.

Do you mean Everton will take a haircut if Fellaini doesn't get one?sad.png

Do you mean Everton will take a haircut if Fellaini doesn't get one?sad.png

I think we might have disagreed on Fellani before. I guess we (I) just wait for something awe inspiring to change my mind, see if anyone is actually prepared to pay what Everton want and then see how he does. I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Didn't see the game just got in and that is a real shocker for Everton......Congrats to Wigan and i hope they stay up again many saying already that it might be a bad thing for the league but i don't see it that way the confidence from that result should carry them in the league games very well.

3-0 at home to Wigan.Embarrasing.Still, have City,Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool to look forward to.

Wonder who Everton's next manager will be. Sooner Moyes goes to Chelsea or United the better.

An absolute *****g disgrace of a performance. No idea how or why but a major embarrassment. And not doubt about it. Moyes will be off. I think we need someone else now, but I wish him well.

I also can't help thinking a performance like that will affect us in the league too, unfortunately.

Didn't see the game just got in and that is a real shocker for Everton......Congrats to Wigan and i hope they stay up again many saying already that it might be a bad thing for the league but i don't see it that way the confidence from that result should carry them in the league games very well.

I don't think it will have a bad effect on league performances. It should give them confidence and some momentum

And not doubt about it. Moyes will be off. I think we need someone else now, but I wish him well.

Yesterday you seemed to be reluctantly letting him go so he can further his career, today you need someone else.

Nah, pretty much consistent I'd say:

Before that dog's breakfast of a game:

"I could happily wave Moysey off with a massive thank you. He has tried; we will never get a better performance out of a manager on such a tight budget, but he needs to move forward and on to bigger and better things,"

And after it:

"Moyes will be off. I think we need someone else now, but I wish him well."

And not doubt about it. Moyes will be off. I think we need someone else now, but I wish him well.

Yesterday you seemed to be reluctantly letting him go so he can further his career, today you need someone else.

Nah, pretty much consistent I'd say:

Before that dog's breakfast of a game:

"I could happily wave Moysey off with a massive thank you. He has tried; we will never get a better performance out of a manager on such a tight budget, but he needs to move forward and on to bigger and better things,"

And after it:

"Moyes will be off. I think we need someone else now, but I wish him well."

He needs to move on and we need someone else now seems to be saying two slightly different things, but perhaps i am imagining it...

I agree.

The Mirallss goal cancelled out the Fellaini penalty.

Pienaar deserved two yellows. However, both he and Fellaini miss the next two games.

Why couldn't they play like this last week?

Still think Moyes should go.

I agree.

Pienaar deserved two yellows. However, both he and Fellaini miss the next two games.

I agree re Moysey and also about last week, but a fine performance.

Maybe we'll now have our usual late-season strong finish?

Edited by sharecropper

I agree.

And finish above the red scousewink.png

I agree.

And finish above the red scousewink.png

Well, having been above them for most of the season that would also be nice. But until their recent hiccup, they were storming up the table faster than their season ticket price rises.

They are definitely the Prawn Sandwich club on Merseyside. (Or should that be shrimp gumbo?)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there fellow blues!

Now that Bale is likely to be out on Sunday, do we believe we have a chance against Spurs? Who knows, a win against them and Arsenal and we could be in line for that 4th spot! I won't hold my breath, though. This is Everton I'm talking about. I'll be happy with 6th and stay above the red s^#>e. What are your expectations come the end of the season?