Everton Thread

sharecropper

2 bits of good news:

Kevin Sheedy, his treatment was successful and is in the clear.

David Moyes Manager of the Month for September COYB's.

Coming out of the woodwork, springs to mind 23.gif

So I am perplexed, what is that supposed to mean Alfie?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton have agreed an £8.6m fee for FC Twente's Dutch midfielder Leroy Fer per BBC.

Love the tag-along story:

It was reported last year that Fer spent £22,000 on a horse for his girlfriend, only to discover she would not be able to keep it partly on account of living in a block of high-rise flats.

Pure Wayne!

Edited by SantiSuk

Everton have agreed an £8.6m fee for FC Twente's Dutch midfielder Leroy Fer per BBC.

It was reported last year that Fer spent £22,000 on a horse for his girlfriend, only to discover she would not be able to keep it partly on account of living in a block of high-rise flats.

Pure Wayne!

I suppose you could keep a horse in your living room but isn't it customary to keep a horse in a stable?

Maybe i've missed something as i'm very preoccupied at the moment!

Edited by carmine

Pure Wayne!

I suppose you could keep a horse in your living room but isn't it customary to keep a horse in a stable?

Maybe i've missed something as i'm very preoccupied at the moment!

That's a lot of cash for us, and, unlike other small Liverpool teams, we don't have that much of it, and Moysey generally isn't a spendthrift, so I'm hoping it will work out. We sorely need a good, regular goalscorer.

That's a lot of cash for us, and, unlike other small Liverpool teams, we don't have that much of it, and Moysey generally isn't a spendthrift, so I'm hoping it will work out. We sorely need a good, regular goalscorer.

he's the new fellaini. which is handy as you'll need one when marouane goes to chelsea in the summer and big old lush bill pockets the profit.

Liverpool: The New Everton.

Get used to it...wink.png

hey, tell you what's interesting though - bradford city have now got to as many cup finals as everton in the last 17 years. that's excluding the couple of times you play liverpool each season which of course to many toffeemen counts as a cup final. ;)

hey, tell you what's interesting though - bradford city have now got to as many cup finals as everton in the last 17 years. that's excluding the couple of times you play liverpool each season which of course to many toffeemen counts as a cup final. ;)

I think I'd prefer to have watched/supported Everton for the last 17 years (and I live only 5 miles from BCFC's ground when in the UK!).

In fact come to think of it I've always liked Everton - on the same basis that I used to quite like Spurs and West Ham when my supporting was of northern teams; all three, nice gutsy attractive-to-watch teams but usually beatable!

Anyone out there know a good pub to watch the toffees in Bangkok (preferably Sukhumvit area) ? I'm fed up of going to the usual places to try and get the game on - they only seem interested in showing the 'big 3' or the red s***e - regardless whether anyone's actually watching the game. Someone told me there's an Everton-friendly pub in my area - might have been soi 23? Any help appreciated.

hey, tell you what's interesting though - bradford city have now got to as many cup finals as everton in the last 17 years. that's excluding the couple of times you play liverpool each season which of course to many toffeemen counts as a cup final. wink.png

I think I'd prefer to have watched/supported Everton for the last 17 years (and I live only 5 miles from BCFC's ground when in the UK!).

In fact come to think of it I've always liked Everton - on the same basis that I used to quite like Spurs and West Ham when my supporting was of northern teams; all three, nice gutsy attractive-to-watch teams but usually beatable!

Santi the whore of football supporters clubs worldwide biggrin.png

Anyone out there know a good pub to watch the toffees in Bangkok (preferably Sukhumvit area) ? I'm fed up of going to the usual places to try and get the game on - they only seem interested in showing the 'big 3' or the red s***e - regardless whether anyone's actually watching the game. Someone told me there's an Everton-friendly pub in my area - might have been soi 23? Any help appreciated.

There's an Everton bar in the New Plaza in Pattaya, I'd be interested to know of one in Bangkok myself.

There's an Everton bar in the New Plaza in Pattaya, I'd be interested to know of one in Bangkok myself.

In the event of emergency.......

There is a pool bar in the narrow covered passageway behind Check-Inn (Sukhumvit northside near the Nana traffic lights where all the grotesque streetwalkers hang around). The passageway is accessed at its Eastern end from 'soi Beer Garden'. The bar does not attract the hard core footy fans and has two screens which the owner doesn't mind running on different channels. I've always been able to get him to switch one over to Arsenal. Also seems to stay open very late. Quick game of pool with the (reasonably capable) pool girls at half-time can be on the menu too!

Mr Nose-for-Sleaze, Kantharalaktongue.png

Edited by SantiSuk

There is a pool bar in the narrow covered passageway behind Check-Inn (Sukhumvit northside near the Nana traffic lights where all the grotesque streetwalkers hang around). The passageway is accessed at its Eastern end from 'soi Beer Garden'. The bar does not attract the hard core footy fans and has two screens which the owner doesn't mind running on different channels. I've always been able to get him to switch one over to Arsenal. Also seems to stay open very late. Quick game of pool with the (reasonably capable) pool girls at half-time can be on the menu too!

That passageway is quite a treat. In addition to finding Everton on the telly, you might also find Gilligan and Ginger.whistling.gif

Cheers rott, I'll be down that way in a couple of weeks so will check the place out.

I know where you mean mate. Thanks for the tip. Fingers crossed for 3 points against Villa tonight.

hey, tell you what's interesting though - bradford city have now got to as many cup finals as everton in the last 17 years. that's excluding the couple of times you play liverpool each season which of course to many toffeemen counts as a cup final. wink.png

Ha ha. I'm loving observing Liverpool fans over the past couple of years - bitter, directionless, hanging on to your 'history' by your fingertips as you slowly slide into the abyss of mid-table mediocrity.

I promse you, I'll always be there to lend a friendly ear when you want to cross over to a proper Liverpool team, and not one owned by rapacious, clueless Yanks with no traction in the city of Liverpool.

Oh, re Everton-friendly, there's a bar in Jomtien just before the arch, called The Dolphin bar, which usually shows Everton games too.

Why have we not got a bigger following in this country? Considering the Chang sponorship and all that.

Our PR team really are a joke.

Surely a friendly match or pre-season tour should be arranged at some point?

COYB

Why have we not got a bigger following in this country? Considering the Chang sponorship and all that.

Our PR team really are a joke.

Surely a friendly match or pre-season tour should be arranged at some point?

COYB

An excellent point - I also saw this recently, which is about Everton's Chang sponsorship and the team's visibility in Thailand, on In Pattaya Now:

http://inpattayanow.com/2013/01/17/opinion/mixing-booze-and-sport/:

SAD^

.....but true. Can't argue with the facts Red. You never know though, Fergie might give Halsey a free role today. Miracles do happen. smile.png

The day Everon fans join Liverpool in pathetically blaming referees for some outageous bias is the day I become, er, a 'Liverpoo' fan.

If we lose we lose.

It takes a fuc_king scouser to say it how it is....shame on the suds an city again!

Whatever Ed, so how many times have you failed to win in the last ten years when Halseys been the ref?

SAD^

.....but true. Can't argue with the facts Red. You never know though, Fergie might give Halsey a free role today. Miracles do happen. smile.png

The day Everon fans join Liverpool in pathetically blaming referees for some outageous bias is the day I become, er, a 'Liverpoo' fan.

If we lose we lose.

Loserscheesy.gif