Tot Phone Bill

Alwaysright

I had the same concern as you. I hated going to their office every month, or having to go to 7/11 to pay the bill. I got my bank to do a letter to them authorizing them to withdraw the money for the phone bill from my account every month, and I have had no problems at all.

I had the same concern as you. I hated going to their office every month, or having to go to 7/11 to pay the bill. I got my bank to do a letter to them authorizing them to withdraw the money for the phone bill from my account every month, and I have had no problems at all.

Sorry to do this, but a word of caution for anyone thinking of doing this.

Beware of calls you do not make being added on to your bill ( I,m not sure if you can allocate a set amount without this happening )

marshbags :)

I always pay my TOT phone bills well in advance. I go to their office on Pattaya Klang near Carrfour and pay around THB 10 000. TOT sends me monthly statements, which show me how much money is left on my account. When the balance gets low, I go back to TOT and top up. I have done so for the last 4 years without any problems. I think it is an easier option than doing automatic bill payments through a bank.

Paying in advance allows me to travel without having to worry about missing out on a payment and getting disconnected. I do the same with my condo management, where I leave a lump sum to cover electricity, water and the yearly condo management fee. :)

You know you can also pay online :)

If I remember, you actually had to get a letter from them stamped by some bank manager and then take it back to the TOT office for the direct debit to be set up. Arse about tit way of doing things so I just paid in advance as well. My main problem was that I was only receiving TOT bills about 8 months a year. For some reason about 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 would just never arrive though they swore they had been sent.

If you can get it set up, you can do it with the electric as well and as internet banking is so much better now, I just run one account "for bills". The water you still have to pay monthly though and you cannot ( or could not) do it through the bank for some reason.

I've got all my utility bills arranged for direct debit - TOT for phone & internet, electricity and water companies.

Bit of a runaround getting forms from the companies, signed at the bank and then returned to the companies, but I'm assured the bill will be paid without a trip to 7-11 and the bills are delivered to my house anyway, with a note on them not to pay as they're direct debit. I know the bill will be paid even if I don't get a copy or if I'm away somewhere.

No I don't..so how please. I pay water, electric and house phone/internet by direct debit but would rather pay on line. Hope it dosn't take as long to cancel DD as it did to organise...thanks

No I don't..so how please. I pay water, electric and house phone/internet by direct debit but would rather pay on line. Hope it dosn't take as long to cancel DD as it did to organise...thanks

For TOT go to:

https://www.toteservice.com/eng/login.aspx

I don’t know about water and electric online payment

I would never put TOT in the condition to get access to any sums i don't own them, they kept double charging both me and some other of my neighbours in BKK for years, when confronted they always apologised and refunded the lot, but getting this tricks every 2, 3 or 4 months is a bit too much! beware people and always check what are you paying for!

We have used direct debit for two phones, CAT, Electric and Water for the last 16 years without an error (and we do check). CAT was the hard one as you had to visit there office and get someone to stop watching TV for five minutes to get it going.

Also have several phones and True with direct billing and take them to bank or 7/11 each month - True sent me a zero baht bill this month for 006 long distance.

I use online banking with Bangkok Bank. Free utility payments until June 30, 2010.

I pay my bill in advance yearly and block the phone, since like the OP, only use it for my Internet and I get a zero bill every month

No one can use the phone line since the block insures that there is no DIAL tone

That's great, so long as nobody outside your house / apartment decides to do a little rewiring.

We have used direct debit for two phones, CAT, Electric and Water for the last 16 years without an error (and we do check). [end quote]

We, too, have done it for years. And we, too, check the statement that comes each month (actually a receipt/statement).

We were too lazy to do it for the TV, so we just pay for a year at a time.

Edited by noise