Blu-ray Rentals

st11x

HD isnt evrything, just returned from NZ where the main tv stations are in HD, i tell ya, those tv presenters arent as goodlooking as they were when it was standard def. :)

watched a BR rip of Knight & Day, me and the missus both agreed that it might have been better if we watched both Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise in Standard Def! :unsure:

I know this probably doesn't belong in the Chiang Mai Forum but..... You definitely can buy blu ray movies copied and they are the real deal.

I have a nice setup 55" Inch LED Samsung, good surround stereo and ps3.

I buy my Blu Ray movies from Saphan lek in Bangkok and they are 100% the real deal (actually I don't like to recommend the place because they never discount, not even if you buy for 6k :( )

You can tell when you load the Blu ray disc in the ps3 if its a blu ray disc or DVD, the blu rays are more sophisticated and will show an animated thumbnail or have the words blu ray.

The menus and fast/back forward graphics are also different on blu ray, they make their own special designed graphics for the blu rays plus the discs takes a lot longer to load than any dvds.

At Saphan Lek the price is 200Thb pr disc and they just started selling the 3d versions as well, don't care for them though since 3d is not my thing.

But trust me.....watching planet earth or Life from BBC with narration from David Attenborough in full HD is fantastic. Be careful when you buy it, you don't want the American version which is narrated by Oprah Winfrey...............<deleted>!!!!