How Do I Report Dead Birds, Possibly Bird Flu?

blakegeee

It doesn't look like there is much recent info on here about bird flu so hopefully its behind us. I found a dead chicken outside the house a few days ago and now a second one today. I find it strange that all the dogs around here aren't even interested in either one of them.

I was thinking about reporting this so "they" can check if its bird flu. Searching online, I am not able to find any number to call to report it so they can be tested. Maybe this is how Thailand keeps the stats low! Anyways, does anyone know who to call? (Not Ghostbusters please...)

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm a bit late in responding. Bag it up - mark the date,time & location and take to the local government offices (wherever does marriages and new Thai IDs typically in rural Thai towns) there will be a farms/cattle officer there that usually gets dumped with this job. He will take it from you and probably throw it away or eat it in that order.

Village "puijaibaan" will eat it or throw it away in that order.

^Its 5 weeks dead cuban, there won't be anything left to bag up, yet alone eat. :)
Five weeks dead! Is that all? It will need at least another ten days to allow the flavor to develop, don't you know anything about Lao food? :D