Price For Kubota Tractor

khunandy

Hi Guys,

I have been quoted 270,000 Baht for a 2nd hand Kubota 4WD 20hp. It has 600 hrs and comes with rotary tiller, front blade, disc plough and canopy.

Can anybody tell me if this proce is in the ballpark or too high, I expect that it could go down to 250,000.

It will just be used for small market garden type work and needs to be small to work in the mae suk trees.

This price is from the second hand dealer in Chum Phae for those familiar with this part of Thailand but any other tips or leads from anyone in the Khon Kaen or Loei provinces appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Andy, that sounds like a good price especially with the implements that come with it. My tractor is a four wheel drive 31 HP Yanmar. I bought it several years ago and I think I paid about 550,000 baht. The 600 hours is not excessive at all.

I bought the Yanmar rather than the Kubota because Yanmar has synchroshift. That is a lever on the steering column that allows forward and backwards by just moving the lever up or down.

Andy, that sounds like a good price especially with the implements that come with it. My tractor is a four wheel drive 31 HP Yanmar. I bought it several years ago and I think I paid about 550,000 baht. The 600 hours is not excessive at all.

I bought the Yanmar rather than the Kubota because Yanmar has synchroshift. That is a lever on the steering column that allows forward and backwards by just moving the lever up or down.

Hi Gary,

Hope all is well in your part of the country, thanks for the input. I have looked at the syncroshift as well and it would make life easier for sure but i have set a budget of around 250.000 so it looks like the left leg will be getting a workout :)

Hi andy,

250,000 sounds about right.

Dont worry about hours as they make several tractors into one so not correct.

Just make sure no oil in radiator,water in oil of engine.

Make sure pto works under load and check theres no play or noises in the front wheel assist as this is normally the first problem you will have.

When plouging the ground has to be right moisture or you wont dig.Not enough power and a light framed plough.

Ive had a 22hp for 6 years from same place and it has served me well.

Also price some replacement parts from there as these have risen consideridbly over the last couple of years.

Farmerjo

check theres no play or noises in the front wheel assist as this is normally the first problem you will have.

Farmerjo

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the advice, can you clue me up how i would check the front wheel assist mate? That would probably be engaging 4WD would it?

Cheers

Andy

Edited by khunandy

check theres no play or noises in the front wheel assist as this is normally the first problem you will have.

Farmerjo

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the advice, can you clue me up how i would check the front wheel assist mate? That would probably be engaging 4WD would it?

Cheers

Andy

Yeh mate,

Just put the the front blade on the ground to lift up front wheels,whack it into 4wd then turn the front tires with your hands.

Make sure it feels ok when rotating the wheel,another way to tell is go for a drive and take your hands off the steering wheel to see if it remains smooth,also check for oil leaks.

Hope this helps