3bb Internet

NALAK

have to make a decision today on 3bb internet, they have line available, girl in shop asked us to measure its below 350 from the box no problem. she then explanied the plan basicall i think it started at 570 for 512 download which i guess is shared between others but i can live with 50. been on AIS 0-10 speed and down alot. anyway girl went onto explain this price for look site in Thailand only you want to look outside country price double she having a laugh or is this true. what speeds people on dark side getting on this. already spentover 4000 baht on ais dongle which is now for sale, does not work darkside. all i get from shop and call centre coming soon. so why sell it. guy in Hutch was honest he said not good ober there on 40-120. i would be happy at that but dont want another dongle have 2 locked ones already. as always and suggestions welcome. searched site b4 posting could not relevant posts. is it really double to use sites out side Thailand

What they probably mean is that they have 2 packages, the cheap "home" package and the more expensive "business" package.

On the home package international speed is heavily shared, meaning many users are sharing the same international pipe. Resulting in slow downs during peak hours.

It will still be much better then your dongle!

On the business package less people share the international pipe so speeds will be closer to advertised throughout the whole day.

Also, on the cheap package, things like torrents and other sorts of download/file sharing programs are likely to be blocked or restricted in some way, no such problems on the more expensive package...

I am on a cheaper home package with 4m download, it does slow down late afternoon/early evening but not too bad however upload speeds are pathetic, best I see is about 0.3 during quiet times and as slow 0.02 during afternoon/evening peak hours.

I am on a cheaper home package with 4m download, it does slow down late afternoon/early evening but not too bad however upload speeds are pathetic, best I see is about 0.3 during quiet times and as slow 0.02 during afternoon/evening peak hours.

My Neighbour had the Tmax (now 3BB) Indy 4Mb service (799 Baht + tax) and I have upgraded to the Premier 2Mb service - 1160 Baht or so.

We did a test on speedtext.net to London, and I was getting twice the speeds, up and down, that he was. This was done mid afternoon.

I was told, so needs confirmation, that Indy share the line with 30-50 users, whereas Premier shares with only 10. These are both Home Packages. (The Commercial packages for offices and Internet cafes are a much higher cost. )

You get what you pay for here, just like anywhere in the world.

My Neighbour had the Tmax (now 3BB) Indy 4Mb service (799 Baht + tax) and I have upgraded to the Premier 2Mb service - 1160 Baht or so.

We did a test on speedtext.net to London, and I was getting twice the speeds, up and down, that he was. This was done mid afternoon.

I was told, so needs confirmation, that Indy share the line with 30-50 users, whereas Premier shares with only 10. These are both Home Packages. (The Commercial packages for offices and Internet cafes are a much higher cost. )

I moved from CAT to 3bb a few weeks ago. I am extremely happy with it, by comparison. I don't have the patience for very slow download speeds or frequent outages. both of which I got from CAT ... for a monthly fee of nearly 2000 baht!

I have the "Premier International" service from 3bb, which, as quoted above, is about 1160 baht. I'm getting consistent (by Thai standards) download speed of well over 2 mb. I do get occasional "breaks", when it goes out for a minute or less. But I've had only one extensive outage. That was when the Chonburi server went out, and (I believe) all services here were out from about 4 PM to about 9 PM.

Bottom line is that I strongly recommend the 3bb Premier International service for folks like me, who use the internet fairly often for international communication, including live streaming of sports and other TV shows. If 1160 baht isn't beyond your budget, go for it!

Edited by patsfangr

I moved from CAT to 3bb a few weeks ago. I am extremely happy with it, by comparison. I don't have the patience for very slow download speeds or frequent outages. both of which I got from CAT ... for a monthly fee of nearly 2000 baht!

I have the "Premier International" service from 3bb, which, as quoted above, is about 1160 baht. I'm getting consistent (by Thai standards) download speed of well over 2 mb. I do get occasional "breaks", when it goes out for a minute or less. But I've had only one extensive outage. That was when the Chonburi server went out, and (I believe) all services here were out from about 4 PM to about 9 PM.

Bottom line is that I strongly recommend the 3bb Premier International service for folks like me, who use the internet fairly often for international communication, including live streaming of sports and other TV shows. If 1160 baht isn't beyond your budget, go for it!

i am afraid she was badly informed or a liar hoping for higher commision she stated yesterday. and today in Thai and English you want to look site outside country you have to buy preimium package this one for in side Thailand only. furtunatly today i guy came up with in thai package wife ask you get outside country, yes every where. liar liar pants on fire same as AIS dongle work in your area 100% buy the dongle and it dont work. same garbbage form call centre coming soon. getting really cheesed of with their lies. guy in hutch said not work good in your area only 40-120 not buy. in hindsight i should have took it.