Nationwide Building Society

NALAK

i know a lot of Brits here use Nationwide as they do not charge for over seas withdrawls, just been on website offer ends soon change DD from another bank and they give you £75. just done mine and wife. maybe worth looking at. hope this is right forum as i thought more people might see it here. all done on line easy. big difference to here i went to BKK bank today to open new account cannot we not have atm card wait one week have new one come from factory (no thanks) siam bank yes but have to pay 700 baht for atm card (no thanks)

Nationwide are brilliant aren't they??

They've had a similar offer running at 2 different times over the last year (offering 50 quid to transfer you're banking over to them). I done it, and it was so easy and simple....can't say no to free money. :)

Nationwide are brilliant aren't they??

They've had a similar offer running at 2 different times over the last year (offering 50 quid to transfer you're banking over to them). I done it, and it was so easy and simple....can't say no to free money. :)

i love em a few weeks ago they sent me somebody elses message, i got CEO e mail off google and sent him a copy, regional manager rang me out here and asked if i would accept £250 compo for my troubles. i said no trouble but yes. google ceo e mail address brilliant site works wonders, even have a moan to tescos ceo now and again, terry Bless him

A decent offer if you only have a handful of direct debits to manage and don't keep much money in the account. Unfortunately, the continued lack of a Faster Payments facility (which other UK high street banks have been running for 18+ months) means that transfers in/out of the account still take 3 days instead of max 2 hours. Also, the Flexaccount doesn't pay any credit interest whatsoever, which is a joke imo.

I do have a Flexaccount for travelling overseas, but I'm going to stick with my HBOS account for day-to-day operations. It pays a credit of 5 quid each month, although the overdraft charges are a rip-off (I rarely go overdrawn, so no worries there).