I Love My Thai Wife

patong

Not everyone is carrying the baggage of past failed marriages but we do seem to be in the minority. I love my wife because she saved me from my life of debauchery and helped me to become a better man.

And what, pray tell, is wrong with a life of debauchery? So far it's been great for me for the past 14 years. :)

I am happy when other people are happy. I try to make as many people happy as I can. I've made it a life's mission. But, some people wouldn't be happy if you gave them everything they asked for. It's a personal mindset.

To all you guys who have wonderful Thai wives (and there's a lot of them) I am happy for you. You've made the right choice FOR YOU! But, a lot of it can be chalked up to plain good luck mixed in with a lot of common sense and good management. Even when you try your darndest, you can't make someone else happy if they don't WANT to be.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even when you try your darndest, you can't make someone else happy if they don't WANT to be.

Uncanny Ian. Those are the exact same words Pol Pot's official court jester, balloon bender and juggler said before they took him out the back and shot him.

Do you want her dad to be a police or army general who can get you out of a fix with one phone call?

I could introduce you to a few girls of Chinese stock.

If your idea of a fun evening is listening to a 5 hour family business discussion involving mum, dad, sons, daughters and even the dog ( not you of course, you'll be ignored ) where dad is nearly having a heart attack because the warehouse manager at his building supplies shop gave 20 baht discount to a guy buying 1000 floor tiles then let me know. :)

Better tell dad that I only got a 10 baht break on the ceramics so he better watch that warehouse manager!

Edited by NanLaew

I know a better one who has a child in the UK with an English wife, then left her came to Thailand and met and married a Thai had twins then split from her met and married a bargirl and had another kid, dont know how that ones doing???

Maybe we won't know how its doing but it certainly seems like it's GOING backwards!

Then again, whatever turns yer crank.

At first, love is there........see that a lot.....but, later, once they think they have what they want, horns start to grow out of the top of their heads! It is true. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Please spare us JR.

I am on my second trip on the Thai marriage merry-go-round. This one is a LOT faster!

(She's a lot younger too)

But, a lot of it can be chalked up to plain good luck mixed in with a lot of common sense and good management. Even when you try your darndest, you can't make someone else happy if they don't WANT to be.

I'd say this goes for any marriage, no matter the nationality of who you're married to . . . .

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

Never make a pretty woman your wife

So for my personal point of view

Get an ugly girl to marry you

I actually do not remember who said that : "Better to marry a plain wife for yourself than a pretty woman for others"

But I'm pretty sure it was not you :D

Wasn't it Mark Twain? :)

And when she was good,

She was very, very good

But when she was bad she was horrid.

Thai women are not more emotional than western women.

But most of them usually control their emotions less efficiently than the women from developed countries.

So a relationship with a Thai woman goes to higher extremes than with a western woman.

But well, on average, it is the same :)

Edited by eurasianthai

when she walks around the house it is if she seems to glide

Right, my parents say the same when they are in my house in Thailand.

We do not hear anybody coming or leaving, everything is so calm.

Well, maybe the fact that we do not wear shoes in a house in Thailand helps... :):D

Think I'm gonna puke, some of those posts are positively embarrassing :)

Pathetic ain't it. Although I love my wife, I certainly wouldn't start posting about it to strangers. The fact I love her has nothing to do with her nationality.

It's easy to tell the guys straight off the boat as they go on about Thai women being wonderful.

Generally, Thai women don't make good wives and mothers to foreigners. If the foreigner is ready for pasture with some money then yes, fair enough he will be well looked after but come on guys use your brain - do you really think it's love?

Take a look at how many happy mixed families you see around town. You'll see hundreds of happy Western guys with a Thai woman and a baby but fewer with 5 year olds and fewer still with 10/15/20 year olds as they are usually no longer together and if they are usually not very happy.

Edited by Neeranam

Pathetic ain't it. Although I love my wife, I certainly wouldn't start posting about it to strangers. The fact I love her has nothing to do with her nationality.

It's easy to tell the guys straight off the boat as they go on about Thai women being wonderful.

Generally, Thai women don't make good wives and mothers to foreigners. If the foreigner is ready for pasture with some money then yes, fair enough he will be well looked after but come on guys use your brain - do you really think it's love?

Take a look at how many happy mixed families you see around town. You'll see hundreds of happy Western guys with a Thai woman and a baby but fewer with 5 year olds and fewer still with 10/15/20 year olds as they are usually no longer together and if they are usually not very happy.

It would appear the 2009 divorce statistics tell a different story....... :D

1 United States:4.95 per 1,000 people # 2 Puerto Rico:4.47 per 1,000 people # 3 Russia:3.36 per 1,000 people # 4 United Kingdom:3.08 per 1,000 people # 5 Denmark:2.81 per 1,000 people # 6 New Zealand:2.63 per 1,000 people # 7 Australia:2.52 per 1,000 people # 8 Canada:2.46 per 1,000 people # 9 Finland:1.85 per 1,000 people # 10 Barbados:1.21 per 1,000 people # 11 Guadeloupe:1.18 per 1,000 people # 12 Qatar:0.97 per 1,000 people # 13 Portugal:0.88 per 1,000 people # 14 Albania:0.83 per 1,000 people # 15 Tunisia:0.82 per 1,000 people # 16 Singapore:0.8 per 1,000 people # 17 China:0.79 per 1,000 people # 18 Greece:0.76 per 1,000 people # 19 Brunei:0.72 per 1,000 people # 20 Panama:0.68 per 1,000 people # 21 Syria:0.65 per 1,000 people # 22 Thailand:0.58 per 1,000 people

www.nationmaster.com/.../peo_div_rat-people-divorce-rate

Pathetic ain't it. .Although I love my wife, I certainly wouldn't start posting about it to strangers The fact I love her has nothing to do with her nationality.

:D

It would appear the 2009 divorce statistics tell a different story....... biggrin.gif

That's thai and thai. Anyone with half a brain and been here 10 years plus will tell you thai/western relationships fail most of the time.

Facts not hot air please.... :)

Please tell me if you think all the mixed race marriages are removed from the other country statistics........impossible.....you live in a strange world.

Edited by 473geo

That's thai and thai. Anyone with half a brain and been here 10 years plus will tell you thai/western relationships fail most of the time.

Well, I have been in Thailand for 13 years and quite a few of my farang friends here have a Thai wife.

I have been married for 7 years, but I'm the "young" one.

And so far, I do not know any who divorced.

As 473geo rightly said, please give us hard figures, not hot air... :)

It would appear the 2009 divorce statistics tell a different story....... biggrin.gif

Don't you think that the marriages that are registered are calculated into that equation. Those statistics are not seperated. A registered marriage is a registered marriage. I would say that a larger percentage of Foreigners/Thais stay together more and longer than Thai/Thai.

Mrs: I was away last night, so i must test your "eggs" to see if they are empty or not.

Reminds me of what one of my Malaysian friends told me quite some time ago.

Me asking "Does you wife mind about the fact that you traveling a lot, with plenty of "opportunities" in this part of the world?"

"Well, she sure does, but, after coming back, when I release the bullet, she knows I've been faithful... " :)

Edited by eurasianthai

:) Oh CRAP!!! This thread is being hijacked by pirates!!!

Part of life......if you have something good there are always plenty of people around to try and knock it.

What they do not realise is that those that are truly happy......just :D at their attempts.