Bars With Draft (draught) Beers

Hobgoblin

Let's assume that one wishes to have a night out in Pattaya that does not involve bar fines, and pesky women sitting next to you asking for drinks. A place where some friends and I can go out and knock a few pints of suds back in a comfortable atmosphere - in other words - a proper pub, not a beer bar.

Not the kind of place where patrons sit outside with a bottle of Chang inserted into a styrofoam holder, but somewhere that has cold, delicious draft beer on tap, no overbearing techno music to distract from conversation.

We've found a few - Jameson's, Shenanigans (no smoking at the bar) to name a couple, but it would be great if a list could be compiled here as reference to other farangs that are looking for the same kind of night out.

Obviously, what I'm alluding to are British and Irish style pubs.

Please suggest.

I like Rosie O Gradyies Soi 7 .Great draught Guinness ,and good food .They have a special dish every day at B189 which will really fill you up .

They have tables out front where you can watch the passing bar girls but are not bothered by them .

Edited by Thaifan2

The Queen Vic, soi Yodsak (6), but you have to run the gaunlet to get there if on foot.

As for Henry J. Beans, each to his own but I'd rather go teetotal than drink there.

More, ex Shennagans (Finnegans), near RGP but again not my kind of place.

The Queen Vic, soi Yodsak (6), but you have to run the gauntlet to get there if on foot.

I second the Queen Vic on Soi 6 Beach Road.

If you enter by the back way you will experience less hassle. (Soi 6/1)

Not if you walk up from Beach Road :) - and I don't recommend the use of the phrase 'if you enter by the back way' where Soi 6/1 is concerned.

The Queen Vic, soi Yodsak (6), but you have to run the gauntlet to get there if on foot.

I second the Queen Vic on Soi 6 Beach Road.

If you enter by the back way you will experience less hassle. (Soi 6/1)

so many things i am thinking!! :)

Not if you walk up from Beach Road :D - and I don't recommend the use of the phrase 'if you enter by the back way' where Soi 6/1 is concerned.

I am real glad someone clarified that point (and I'm not talking about the rear entry although you might encounter some proponents of this mode of "access :) " in that part of 6/1).

More, ex Shennagans (Finnegans), near RGP but again not my kind of place - is no more: Now called Dicey Rileys (sp?)

Nicky's on Soi Buakhao. Can sit outside and watch the world or in aircon inside. Good food as well.

Highly recommend Pattaya Beer Garden

and I promise if I see you I won't be a pesky women and ask for a drink :)

I recommend The Sportsman Inn on soi 13. Several draught beers (Guinness, Tetley's, Stowford Press Cider), good food, no hostesses (but very friendly waitresses!).

I stopped going there because their beer is served warm.

Messgae to 'Sportsman's': Get your fridges fixed or adjust temperature inside fridge to 4 degrees and train your plentiful yet idle staff to put replacement beer bottle stock at the back, not new warm bottles at the front of the fridges!

I recommend The Sportsman Inn on soi 13. Several draught beers (Guinness, Tetley's, Stowford Press Cider), good food, no hostesses (but very friendly waitresses!).

I stopped going there because their beer is served warm.

Messgae to 'Sportsman's': Get your fridges fixed or adjust temperature inside fridge to 4 degrees and train your plentiful yet idle staff to put replacement beer bottle stock at the back, not new warm bottles at the front of the fridges!

I started having breakfast there because the beer is so icily cold, especially the stubbies of VB.

Message to Sportsman: Great work, great food, excellent and attentive service with super cold beer all the time.

I started having breakfast there because the beer is so icily cold, especially the stubbies of VB.

Message to Sportsman: Great work, great food, excellent and attentive service with super cold beer all the time.

I agree that the English breakfast served in 'The Sportsmans' bar on Soi 13 is of a high quality.

But the temperature of their served bottled beer has been a persistent problem during 2010. I reported this fact on this forum, back in January 2010, (see link below, post #19) and received feedback which was in full agreement with my opinions.

Breakfast and Beer at the 'Sportsmans'

Edited by syd barrett