New Car Price Discount

I will be buying a new car soon.

The dealers all offer financing under a number of conditions which I appear to meet. (Thai wife, Non Imm O, bank assets).

I was wondering if the sticker price could be kncoked down a bit for either of these reasons .......

1/ The new 2006 models will be out in a few months so in principle the car is worth almost one year less in depreciation. I think it is around Sept the new models appear ... Is this true in Thailand ?? Discount for this possible ??

2/ Paying cash should get some discount from the finance contract price ... no ??

Yes, I know a lot depends on the popularity and supple for the model, but I was wondering if anyone has gotten price discounts other than the throwing in of some options or accessories.

Thanks

Plus the model year is more like five years to a decade here rather than a new model every year as you are used to. With the growing exports it may be changing to faster change here but there is no year end sale like in USA.

As said above about the only discounts are in the form of extras included free or finance interest reductions. Sticker price is pretty much it here.

Don't know of any confirmed case of someone getting a cash discount for buying a new car under any circumstances. The general rule seems to be no.... But freebies, up to about 20k in value, seems fairly common, as others have suggested.

Actually the dealer was distressed when he found out I wanted to pay cash. NO discount for that as it must cut into his bank kickback. LOL! I was able to get bumpers, a bed liner, wind guards over the windows, tinted solar film on the windows and a year of 1st class insurance thrown in.

Actually the dealer was distressed when he found out I wanted to pay cash. NO discount for that as it must cut into his bank kickback.

You actually want to finance about 100k of the vehicle.

The Finance company have deals for service and repairs, so the servicing is actually cheaper.

Dealers get huge Kickback from the finance company. Look on the financial sheet - its called k/b.

Also ask for a Leather seats, they can't do it, but will give a chance to offer something else Like Mags etc.

You might also ask for alarm system with with the keyless entry if you haven't got one already. If you have, ask for a free gear lock, or steering wheel lock, or any other security divice. Fog lamps might not be included - doesn't hurt to ask. Also look at their accessories brochure - don't be afraid to ask for anything you see in there. Another thing is a basic toolkit.

Check what's the deal with the insurance - some companies are pain in the ass - you have to use only one designated garage miles away and wait for their representative to turn up to appraise the costs, others are a lot less fussy.

Edited by Plus+