Cancelled Work Permit

Ok I need advise and help. I was working with an agency in the south, and they lost their Tessaban contracts so I cam here to Bkk and found a new agency. I called my old agency and they said they would keep my work permit openuntil it expired on the 15th of April. Come to find out they can not findmy work permit book to send tome ad I suspect they may have cancelled it. Thus my problem, if they did in fact cancel it that means I have been in Thailand working for 4 months illegally. How can I find out if they notified Immigrations and if they did what can or should I do. I have a good teaching position here and I do not want to get black listed. How much would it cost for a fine? I have yet to approach my new agency about this. Thanks for he help.

Your employer should have send a letter to the labour office, stating the date of your last day of work. That will cancel the work permit.

If they did it earlier you will be on overstay since the day they did and need to pay a fine of 500 a day, with a maximum of 20,000. (Unless you have a valid multiple entry non-B and leave the county every 90 days).

Your work permit only allows you to work for the company mentioned in the work permit. Not for someone else. So you are working illegally as you don't have a work permit. That is much more serious.

Many years ago, I was in a situation similar to yours. My old employer would not give me the Work Permit, and either turned it in, turned it in late, or didn't turn it in at all - I never learned exactly what had happened.

But a co-operative personnel officer at my new place of employment made a phone call to Immigration, and ensured that I was not going to be blacklisted for something my former employer had done (or, not done), whichever was the case. And, I had no trouble geting a new Work Permit.

I never had to pay a fine, or to my knowledge, even fill in a form relating to my previous Work Permit.