Red-shirts To Splash One Million Cc Of Blood On Govt House

george

Red shirts threaten to deface Government House with their own blood

BANGKOK: -- Natthawut Saikua, a red-shirt leader, announced at 1:40 pm Monday threatened to pour 1 million cc of blood of 100,000 red-shirt people around the Government House.

Natthawut said the red-shirt people would collect their blood and pour the blood at every gate of the Government House at 6pm.

-- The Nation 2010-03-15

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi.

"Collective Stupidity" seems to be another term that can be trademarked by that crowd of people. Do they have any idea how many lives can be saved if that blood is donated to hospitals??

I wonder what kind of power their "leaders" have to drum such ideas into essentially harmless protesters. Someone (army?) should walk in there and take those "leaders" off the stage and throw them into the deepest hole they can find, then let the rest of the crowd enjoy their peaceful party.

If a few weeks after this "mass blood donation" (do they have sterilized needles? How many? Nurses/doctors at hand?) a bunch of people find out that they have infected themselves with HIV or other diseases, will the red leaders then blame that on Abhisit, too?

I can only shake my head at this display of, yes, Collective Stupidity.

Best regards......

Thanh

Edited by Thanh-BKK

i wouldn't say it was absolute stupidity - desperate maybe. Symbolically it will be very powerful while still being non violent. It will definitely get the attention of international media.

I'm sorry, it is absolute stupidity for end number of reasons. One has been mentioned allready, and I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to work out some of the other reasons. Seems blood and feces are the order of the day for the red shirts :)

They probably have no idea of the possible health implications.

Blood is not just some liquid but biological material which will rot and decay, especially in this heat.

Plan B: Get some red paint from Home Pro

This is such a stupid idea, I hope someone tells them about the possible dangers! In this heat as well with so much bacteria here in Bangkok, we have no idea what could happen. May god hope they consider the implications!

The million cc's of blood stunt is clearly part of the red face saving effort. Yeah, we said a million! We didn't really mean a million people. We meant a million cc's of blood! We won! Not sure if this is funny or sad, but I wish their red mob would just go home before more people get hurt.
i wouldn't say it was absolute stupidity - desperate maybe. Symbolically it will be very powerful while still being non violent. It will definitely get the attention of international media.

I'm sorry, it is absolute stupidity for end number of reasons. One has been mentioned allready, and I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to work out some of the other reasons. Seems blood and feces are the order of the day for the red shirts :)

AGREED. These people are behaving like wild animals, absolutely disgusting and very disrespectul. :D

Where's old Sigmund Freud when we need him?

And instead of donating blood for other people, they are donating it like rain water! this is fantastic, I can't imagine how the rest of the world will take this. "Over 1 Million CC of blood poured around a building".

If you think cutting yourself and spilling your own blood is non-violent then rethink your ideas.

This is like self flagellation or religious sacrifice for a god. Sure it's SYMBOLIC, bit of the power

that these SPEAKERS and their mind control have brought over these masses of people

over a long period of indoctrination.

Spilling your own blood, as one of many in a large group, as a GESTURE,

is not the same as being a soldier injured in defense of his nation.

The media will gab this and run it up the flagpole, but not many will salute.

Most will shake their heads in horrified wonder.

And Thaksins status will slip ever lower.

The maths doesn't add up very well. 1,000 Litres from 100,000 people means just 100 ml from each person. This has all got to be collected (by whatever means) safely so as not to infect the donor. Using sterile equipment each time, and care taken not to infect the person managing the donation.

If it is done caarelessly then just one infected person (and in a sample as large as 100,000 people it is highly probable there are more) with Hepatitis or HIV could infect others.

The "Collective Stupidity" term above seems highly appropriate.

We'll know when, or if, it has been done as the stench will spread a long way!

So now it's biological warfare?

Although I am sure that you comment was tongue in cheek, that's not as far fetched as it may sound.

Back in the medieval days, when laying siege upon an enemy castle armies were known to catapult the rotting carcases of animals over the walls in order to spread disease.

This is such a stupid idea, I hope someone tells them about the possible dangers! In this heat as well with so much bacteria here in Bangkok, we have no idea what could happen. May god hope they consider the implications!

The main health danger would be when removing the blood due to cross contamination. It will dry out very quickly and probably won't smell so good for a short while.

Blood is not full of bacteria in healthy people, it's actually sterile.

Why don't they donate a million cc's of blood to the Red Cross ? ..... this would gain them a lot of sympathy and respect.

They won't do this because ...

- it isn't real blood

and/or

- it's real but not human

and/or

- everything their leaders say seems to be intended to provoke shock and/or thoughts of violence

Collecting 1,000 litres of blood, in fact 3,000 litres, is all just silly talk, grandstanding. I would not exclude the possibility, though, that they may collect a little blood, perhaps a litre or two, and if there is a scuffle between the red-shirts and the police they will splash some blood on a few red-shirts, take photos, and then make a big story about the police having injured the protestors.

From The Nation Live Updates page:

1.30pm : Nuttawut Saikua, a red shirt leader, announces that a total of three million cc of blood will be taken from one million red shirts tomorrow. If the prime minister still refuses to dissolve the House, the blood will be poured at Democrat Party, the Government House and the PM's residence.

Strange how two Thai journalists from the same paper cant agree on numbers they heard spoken in Thai.

I agree with you 1000% mrtoad.

The red shirts are full of faeces (shyt) any way so there will be no shortage there and if the commit "hari kari" by letting flow their own blood I couldn't think of a better resolution to the whole issue.

They and their square faced leader are absolute &^%$#@*&^%$$# and I won't say more because I will have myself banned from this venerable forum.

UDD threatens to hose Govt House with blood

BANGKOK (NNT) – A core leader of the anti-government demonstrators announced that one million milliliters of blood will be collected tomorrow and splattered around the Government House after the Prime Minister has shrugged off their House dissolution request.

The United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship’s core figure, Mr Nattawut Saikua, declared in his speech at the rally that 10 milliliters of blood will be collected from each of the 100,000 participating demonstrators for the purpose.

Mr Nattawut added if the government still refuses to comply with their demand, another one million milliliters of blood would be collected and poured in front of the Democrat Party’s headquarters.

If no response is still given, one more million milliliters of blood will be poured in front of the Prime Minister’s residence. He said the measure is the UDD’s standard counteraction.The blood collection will start at 08.00 hrs tomorrow.

In the meantime, thousands of UDD supporters have started heading back to the main rally site on Ratchadamnoen Road after a 4-hour gathering in front of the 11th Infantry Regiment on the outskirts of Bangkok to pressure the Abhisit government to resign.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-03-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

...Strange how two Thai journalists from the same paper cant agree on numbers they heard spoken in Thai.

It's not a disagreement between journalists. First, the red-shirts announced they would collect 1 million cc, then came the announcement about 2 million cc, the latest announcement was about 3 million cc. Keep reading the updates and see at what figure their announcements will end.

I feel this is the point that they should arrest the leaders making this threat, and arrest any people caught preparing for these blood throws if there is any law that would cover preparing for vandalism. The peaceful stage has ended. Criminals need to be arrested. The threats have been made. Why not be proactive and stop the thugs?

Edited by Jingthing