Good Cigars, Right Price

realthaideal

A friend of mine coming into town wants to pick up some nice cigars from Cuba or the Dominican while here. Anybody frequent any particular tobacconists where you get a good product, and they aren't overcharging you? I know there are some around the Night Bazaar area, but I need some aficionado help here, methinks.

if by any chance you are able to cross the border into Lao either through Vientiane, Suvannakhet, or Chong-Mek there is

a duty free shop owned and operated by Dao Heuang company which have foreign cigars. I've seen some Dominican, Cuban (some time ago) and some less expensive machine rolled cigars such as King Edwards, John Middleton, creme, etc.

For one of the best experiences although not cheap take him to the Bamboo bar at the Oriental.

I think the Marriot has a shop but not been for a while.

otherwise the market for cubans that maybe cubans? :D

A Marriot in Chiang Mai , WOW thats news, and a Bamboo bar in the Oriental. How this town does grow with a little rain. :)

Edited by gotlost

there used to be a cigar store in CM near good Virew restaurant but i think it closed because the market was down a few years ago. the hotels have some cigars (expensive),, and not well looked after..

otherwise you can order them from Pacific Cigars company in Bangkok and they will fly them up to you...they have the best and widest selection at the right price

For one of the best experiences although not cheap take him to the Bamboo bar at the Oriental.

I think the Marriot has a shop but not been for a while.

otherwise the market for cubans that maybe cubans? :D

A Marriot in Chiang Mai , WOW thats news, and a Bamboo bar in the Oriental. How this town does grow with a little rain. :)

Ooops! sorry...maybe you can get to bangkok,while he is here?

RTD, do a border run to Mae Sai/Tachilek.

At the huge state-owned liquor store on the left hand side of the bridge, they have a large selection of Cubans, some Dominican, and Nicaraguan.

Pricing.....way more than what I would want to pay. I'm a bit spoiled, I used to buy in Cozumel Mexico for 1/3 the price they are charging here.

(Of course Cozumel is about 90 miles from Cuba..... :) )