Beginning A Business In Bangkok.

I have a business visa to teach Reiki in Thailand. I will begin just by working out of my apartment here. I am curious to know if I need to register my business with officials in Bangkok before beginning. Or, am I free to just do this and advertise openly? I haven't earned any income yet and this is very small, but just don't want to feel like Im missing anything here.

Also, I dont know if this develop how this would be taxed? In my country, any earnings less than 60 or 80 thousand overseas are not taxed in the U.S.A. But, how about Thailand?

I look forward to your reply.

Siri.

Before you can legally work you need a Work Permit from the Labor Office. You won't be able to get one as an individual.

The visa itself does not give you permission to work. Think of it as permission to enter the country and apply for a Work Permit.

The Revenue Department here is the office that you will file/pay taxes with.

you will need four employees and a business location to qualify for a workpermit. Plus registered company with 2 Mio Baht capital. We are not yet at the fine print...

oh, yes, and you have to pay taxes.

Best of luck :)

edit: and if you want to promote your business as you did here, you need to become a sponsor. Please contact sales [at] thaivisa.com for further info. Sorry, but the free lunches are few and far between. :D:D

edit: and if you want to promote your business as you did here, you need to become a sponsor. Please contact sales [at] thaivisa.com for further info. Sorry, but the free lunches are few and far between. :):D

So you are no longer allowed to be kind and helpfull, without being a sponsor for ThaiVisa?

edit: and if you want to promote your business as you did here, you need to become a sponsor. Please contact sales [at] thaivisa.com for further info. Sorry, but the free lunches are few and far between. :):D

So you are no longer allowed to be kind and helpfull, without being a sponsor for ThaiVisa?

There is a difference between helping someone with something and offering a commercial service. The latter is promoting a business and if you promote your own business here, you need to be a sponsor. Referring someone else's business without own commercial interest is allowed and encouraged as this is a community forum.