Alcohol Sale To Be Controlled Over Songkran

webfact

I'm surprised to see that the US government is putting their two cents worth in the Thais mess. Better be careful because if the Us elected officials don't start listening,maybe facing the same or similar protests in America.

America has its own back yard to clean up, and they need a wide broom to do it.

US has supplied a new sonic weapon ( to Thai military ) for crowd controll. Rest assured, western " boots on the ground " are a radio call away. They are already in country. They will operate AS western " ADVISERS ".

They will have Thai faces. They will engineer an excuse FOR A PRE-PLANNED ACTION. Thai military authorities have had the device for years. It will cause perment hearing loss. designed for "crowd controll.They will warn you, and advise you of your risks if you dont comply, and you will be responsible for ignoring " fair notice ". and sustain permenent hearing loss.. people want strong leaders. bloodshed is inevetable.

you will see " big farang brother increasingly covertly assist in controlling this . TO KEEP CHINA AT BAY. SEE:VIET NAM indo/ natural gas is and will be protected by western interests. Always has been. IT'S ABOUT SECURING " COMMODITIES" AWAY FROM CHINA.

the rest are only puppets.

The red shirts are simply pons in Thakis'n populist game.......he could care less about them. like any military campain, ( calculated losses )the lower class are put up front to take the casualties.. war 101. You wont see intelelectuals on the front line.

I am so sad and afraid for my beloved Thailand. I AM ALSO SAD THAT GOOD FARMERS WERE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY A MADMAN,who promised everything, and will deliver nothing. These guys will screwed/blued/and tattued. and selling their genitically modified rice to Austrailia, for prices so low, they will dream of the day before they gave their soul for 1000 / bht. to TKSN.

Where do these farmers expect " prosperity " to come from?.......... exports to U.S. consumers?.............. Austrailian rice contracts?.......... that went to uncle ho's guys ................................................Ignorance is bliss.

and amazing.............foreign investment into Thai economy is white hot..........? <deleted>? Thai economists are hot wireing the bhat to be proped up?.....................spooky................it dosent seem to add up.

I wish compassion to all.............and maybe a little education.

My Thai family are Intelectuals, MBA PH.D all western degrees. They are so Angry ( and very well connected )...................And you all know what happens when Thai man & woman become angry.......................................

CHOK DEE MY BELOVED THAILAND. I PRAY FOR OWER BELOVED KING, HE'S A GOOD GUY. I THINK THE WORLD CAN LEARN FROM HIS WISDOM..........................................................................

..... I HAVE. :)

What has that got to do with selling alcohol at Songkran?

Haha, you beat me to it - I think he posted in the wrong thread, either that or he already started on his Songkran stash, lol

Even worse we get it 3 times - <deleted>?

I'm surprised to see that the US government is putting their two cents worth in the Thais mess. Better be careful because if the Us elected officials don't start listening,maybe facing the same or similar protests in America.

US has supplied a new sonic weapon ( to Thai military ) for crowd controll. Rest assured, western " boots on the ground " are a radio call away. They are already in country. They will operate AS western " ADVISERS ".

They will have Thai faces. They will engineer an excuse FOR A PRE-PLANNED ACTION. Thai military authorities have had the device for years. It will cause perment hearing loss. designed for "crowd controll.They will warn you, and advise you of your risks if you dont comply, and you will be responsible for ignoring " fair notice ". and sustain permenent hearing loss.. people want strong leaders. bloodshed is inevetable.

you will see " big farang brother increasingly covertly assist in controlling this . TO KEEP CHINA AT BAY. SEE:VIET NAM indo/ natural gas is and will be protected by western interests. Always has been. IT'S ABOUT SECURING " COMMODITIES" AWAY FROM CHINA.

The red shirts are simply pons in Thakis'n populist game.......he could care less about them. like any military campain, ( calculated losses )the lower class are put up front to take the casualties.. war 101. You wont see intelelectuals on the front line.

I am so sad and afraid for my beloved Thailand. I AM ALSO SAD THAT GOOD FARMERS WERE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY A MADMAN,who promised everything, and will deliver nothing. These guys will screwed/blued/and tattued. and selling their genitically modified rice to Austrailia, for prices so low, they will dream of the day before they gave their soul for 1000 / bht. to TKSN.

Where do these farmers expect " prosperity " to come from?.......... exports to U.S. consumers?.............. Austrailian rice contracts?.......... that went to uncle ho's guys ................................................Ignorance is bliss.

and amazing.............foreign investment into Thai economy is white hot..........? <deleted>? Thai economists are hot wireing the bhat to be proped up?.....................spooky................it dosent seem to add up.

My Thai family are Intelectuals, MBA PH.D all western degrees. They are so Angry ( and very well connected )...................And you all know what happens when Thai man & woman become angry.......................................

CHOK DEE MY BELOVED THAILAND. I PRAY FOR OWER BELOVED KING, HE'S A GOOD GUY. I THINK THE WORLD CAN LEARN FROM HIS WISDOM..........................................................................

..... I HAVE. :D

I'm thinking you've posted on the wrong thread as this is slightly off topic from sales of alcohol over Songkran.

:)

Edited by metisdead

alcohol still is sold at petrol stations

in the big stations? Not in Chiang Mai anyway

In Chiang Rai province, no sale of alcohol eg. from 2-5 pm,BUT shops other than restaurants or shopping malls sell all amount of booze , some 20 hours a day.

Lao Khao 24 hours on sale,round the corner,small plastic bag full of cut moonshine 30 baht.

I wonder how much booze is daily consumed by the protesters,some are in a stupor and act crazy as seen on TV or U-tube or in the newspapers.

Suppl must come in one of the milk-tankers from the provinces??

..... I HAVE. :)

What has that got to do with selling alcohol at Songkran?

I think the 'campain' and the 'intelelectual' argument is something to do with it. Actually, IT is IN code... READ between THE capitals!!!!

Also, putting 'Angry' and 'well-connected' is a good way to sum up the Elite sentiment. It might disrupt their 5 star receptions if the Mercedes can't use the main roads through the city, and sales of Gold Label Johnnie Walker are limited!

Edited by csolgosz

Actually it is unbelievable that in this country alcohol still is sold at petrol stations.Isn't that putting the milk in the cat's cage.

Not true anymore. Since about 3 years there is no alcohol at the big petrol stations for sale anymore....not just a single beer!

At least not in Phuket and on the way from Phuket to Nongkhai-Phonphisai.

For sure there will be alcohol sold in the small chinese shops even in the "forbidden times" The big Supermarketchains follow the order, so does 7/11

so better buy it before :)

btw, when I drove today to the busstation in Phuket about 05:00 morning there was a huge vehicle spot check on the way out of Phuket Town. So at least the BiB do something. They stopped every car and motobike, checking glove compartments and pockets. They were behind drugs thought, they havent checked my driving license.

Anyway, appreciate the work of the Police....on my way back to Chalong I nearly had a big accident with two speeding drivers on motobikes without any lights wich drove about 80km/h

..... I HAVE. :D

I'm thinking you've posted on the wrong thread as this is slightly off topic from sales of alcohol over Songkran.

:D

"Alcohol will only be sold from 11am to 2pm and 5pm to midnight"

This is the Law and one that is enforced every day all year ..... atleast in Central Provinces.

Not really. Well, it's enforced by the large chains such as 7-11, etc. The small mom & pop shops will sell at all times of the day though, regardless of the time. In Khon Kaen, I can get beer 24 hours a day if wanted.

Edited by cdnmatt

What about the alcohol on tap at the McDonald's in Pattaya, near Walking Street?

I guess that will be business as usual. :D

Mom and Pop shops will still be rubbing their hands with glee. :)

As for the laws, most of these are already in place.

Where I am going to be it is all the police can do to direct the jammed traffic. Enforcing alcohol sales wont happen. Even fights are difficult for police to get to and people will walk around the traffic jams selling alcohol and every kind of food you can think of.

Yawn. If the jet sipet your in isn't selling to you, go to the next one. Chances are it will.

alcohol still is sold at petrol stations

in the big stations? Not in Chiang Mai anyway

I've never seen booze for sale in any petrol station here since traveling a lot over the past 5 years. To be clear, I'm talking about PTT, Caltex, Shell e.t.c not the scabby, flyblown little stations. Not unusual to see a bottle shop or general store within a few doors of a large petrol station though.

Cheers,

Pikey.

But many petrol stations have 7-11's or similar attached to them, including some of the brands you mentioned.

Who with power in Thaksinland cares a flying f*** for the alcoholic intake of a citizen or, even less, it's potential repercussions?!!

Head Coppers - and thus Head Army - are losing sh**loads of CBD moolah as a result of the rabid redshirt strangulation of the city. Enforcing this BS will add a lot more dough to the, erm ... 'protection' coffers; the life blood of these entities.

Quotas need to be met!!!

Edited by dublindog

You can buy alcohol between 2pm and 5pm if you buy 10 litres which is about 1 box and 7 bottles of 330ml beer !

You are quite correct, also the 11 - 2 and after 5 hours are only adhered too by the major stores like the BIG C and Tesco etc. I can buy a case of beer, whisky etc from a small wholesale shop in my local town in ROI ET province from 4am until they close which is roughly between 5-6pm most days.

The laws, like them or not, do likely have some positive impact. They aren't trying to cure your alcoholism and (likely) myopia. For example if there are fewer people drinking and driving between 2-5pm and because of the 'no booze in gas stations' laws, because really, most folks don't plan that far ahead when buying booze and most don't buy 10 liters+ at a time to circumvent the laws... when a lot of people are on the roads, students, and children included (more than other times) then more power to them.

Simply plan ahead and you won't be affected. Whinge and you simply show that you can't afford $50 of liquor and/or don't have a pantry.