Horrific Shooting Near Riverside

kating

Taxi driver told me that the female owner of the spa that I go to for massage sometimes was shot dead on Tuesday.

It is called Sarapee spa and is located opposite Flora condos and Hindlay curry house in the riverside area. The female owner with her baby and assistant were getting into the car after locking up and a motorcyclist rode past and shot her dead.

The taxi driver said it was a "hit" or a family dispute.

She was a lovely lady. Can someone confirm or give more details. The taxi driver lived locally as do I so I am a little/lot concerned.

Thanks

It was Leelawadee Spa.

She was a lovely lady.

She was shot dead in cold blood by a hitman on a motorcycle while holding her baby.

A terrible waste and a terrible crime.

It's highly unlikely there will be justice.

With all that is going on in Thailand these days it is shit like this that i find hard to comprehend,very very disturbing.

And what I keep asking myself is if the head honcho policeman (Mr T) is no longer in charge of the BiB (many positions were replaced by BK police) then will they let the north go wild? But i wasn't here when Thaksin was in power.. so I have nothing to compare it to.

Very sorry to hear about this.

May the lady rest in peace.

At the spot she was shot is a small collection of offerings and the traditional Northern Thai paper dtung flag. I've often seen this at the scene of fatal accidents so asked the missus about it. She told me it's to indicate to the spirit where to go next. The spirit will be lead by the chanting of the monks to the local temple where her body is stored. Then depending on her karma and the amount of merit people make for her, she will stay in this world as a ghost until her 'debts' are paid or move on to the next world.