Honest Car Repair Shop In Cnx?

freeurmind2

Anyway, can anyone please refer a car body repair shop in Chiang Mai City? One that won't rip us off the first whiff they get that we aren't from here? I don't want to spend too much on the dent and scraping. Thank you, would really appreciate it.

Without getting into too much info, some git on a pickup tried to inch their way in moat traffic by ever so gently scraping through our driver's side door. This resulted in a huge dent from their bull bar. Don't ask about traffic police and insurance agent, no help, no use. They are Thai. And the mob pinned it on us! I get to pay for this drunken idiot's mistake.

If you have an VIP insurance then it Will only cost you 2000 baht the rest goes on the insurance.

But I think that is about the price the fixing and painting of the door will be . so its not that expensive here.

Insurance???

Snort! The guy from "my" insurance co. that came over to investigate got mobbed by the, uh, mob who told him it was our fault. Typical bully tactics 9 drunken people in their 20's vs. dad, mom and 8-year old. No contest right? It was our fault. Insurance guy simply shrugged n gave an estimate. I hate that I can't speak Thai.

The Cockpit shop on Mahidol Rd charges about B3,000 per panel for repair.

I had B12,000 sort out on my many scrapes and dents last year.

john

Or there's the Viet shop near Chiang Phuekt Gate.

Hey, John thanks for the tip on The Cockpit, very useful. Will go there after Songkran to get an estimate. Will try to find the Viet shop, too.

john

Hey, John thanks for the tip on The Cockpit, very useful. Will go there after Songkran to get an estimate. Will try to find the Viet shop, too.

Please see more detailed local advice with some alternatives in the Motoring thread. Which insurance company was that, by the way???

Insurance???

Snort! The guy from "my" insurance co. that came over to investigate got mobbed by the, uh, mob who told him it was our fault. Typical bully tactics 9 drunken people in their 20's vs. dad, mom and 8-year old. No contest right? It was our fault. Insurance guy simply shrugged n gave an estimate. I hate that I can't speak Thai.

IF you have forst class insurance it doesntmatter - the insurance company pays - you dont have to pay anything not 1 baht..

i wouldnt drive in Thailand without it.

There is arepair shop on a soi off the Lamphun Road - the soi is opposite the big bar/night club there - used to be called GG..now has a LPG gas station opposite,,

honest andreliable , does alot of insurance work..

john

over the last 4 years,ive had very good service from the cockpit shop,and i always get my insurance off them, and the 2 occassions ive put in for bumper scratches, and drunk motor cyclist running in to parked car, have been dealt with the minium of fuss and of course free.

john

Please see more detailed local advice with some alternatives in the Motoring thread. Which insurance company was that, by the way???

Yes, thanks I have and replied in there as well.

Sawasdee Khup, Khun FreeUrMind2,

Please to eyeball this post of ours on an excellent experience with mechanical and body work about a month ago :

Khun Somkhot's Garage

best, o:37;

Khap khun na khap, Orang37. Read your post. That's one neighborhood I'm most familiar with, will check that one out as well. I'm canvassing.

However, the description "...past rows of stacked up wrecked vehicles" gave me butterflies in my gut... hope those weren't from ex-clients that just wanted a dent repair! :)

Insurance???

IF you have forst class insurance it doesntmatter - the insurance company pays - you dont have to pay anything not 1 baht..

i wouldnt drive in Thailand without it.

There is arepair shop on a soi off the Lamphun Road - the soi is opposite the big bar/night club there - used to be called GG..now has a LPG gas station opposite,,

honest andreliable , does alot of insurance work..

I have the cheapest car insurance possible, lesson learned.

Appreciate the referral, thanks. This must be the same shop another poster suggested. Honest and reliable is what I need. Tired of rip-offs.

Edited by freeurmind2

However, the description "...past rows of stacked up wrecked vehicles" gave me butterflies in my gut... hope those weren't from ex-clients that just wanted a dent repair!

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun FreeYrMind,

Perhaps we should clarify that the "stacked up wrecks" are basically old chassis that have been totally stipped; they are sitting "vertical" along the sides of the soi. Perhaps Khun Somkhot is waiting for a better offer for the scrap metal. Near, inside, the actual "garage" his shop is a beehive of activity of all kinds of cars being worked on.

best, ~o:37;