Investing In Vietnam ?

Da Nang and Na Trang will soon be the new Phuket and Pattaya. Time is up for Thailand. They have "dropped the ball." Invest in Vietnam, it's a safe option. It is everything Thailand used to be. Your investment will grow, partly, because Vietnam tourism is increasing at a rapid rate, and partly because Thailand is repelling it's expats, retirees and tourist at the same rapid rate.

Edited by NamKangMan

PP, I was also in Hanoi last week. Bloody cold it was!

Took 10 days going from HCMC to Hanoi and as NKM says, Danang is gearing up for tourists. There is a few resort developments being built now right on the beach across from the old US Air Base. I think these start at US$ 250K each up to US$ 1M +. 30 mins away from Danang is Hoi An. Really nice place. This is a beach resort as well.

Cheers

What do you mean by devalued?

Last week when I was in Ha Noi the exchange rate was lower than before it was devalued. ie less Dong per $$ now than when it was devalued when there was more Dong per $$

Drooping Vietnam Dong Devalued On 26 November 2009 the State Bank of Vietnam devalued the dong by about 5%.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/175252-dro...m-dong-devalued

^ So when it's devalued you get more Dong to the Dollar.

That's good news.

Last week it was just under 19,000, in December it was over 20,000

Currencies fluctuate. The November devaluation was 5% in one day. In the 4 months from December to April the Dong appreciated by 5%, or approx .04% (4/100th of 1%) per day.

^ So when it's devalued you get more Dong to the Dollar.

That's good news.

Last week it was just under 19,000, in December it was over 20,000

That's much better than the 16000 I was getting a few years ago.

As for investing in Vietnam, not sure I would want to invest in a communist country.

NamKangMan, you are dreaming, Thailand will keep on keeping on as it has. Vietnam will never tolerate rampant prostitution, so all the tourists coming to Pattaya will still come, the ones with families looking for a nice quite place might go to Vietnam, but nothing will change here. Tourist coming to Thailand increases each year and don't see that changing anytime soon. Yes, things have slowed down with all the protests going on but things will resume, no doubt. Dont see where Thailand is expelling any ex-pats, retirees or tourists. "B" visa's, O visa's and retirement visa's have not really changed any requirements for these in some time and the tourist visa is actually free now, so i dont think you know what you are talking about. The only thing that is changing is the exempt entry where they are trying to crack down on people that are staying here long term without the proper visa.

Anyway what would Thailand expelling anyone have to do with investment in Vietnam? you assume everyone would then flock to Vietnam? Why? they have some nice beaches, but what entertainment do they have? not much. i lived in HCMC for 2 years and could never see a good movie at the movie theater, not much in bar entertainment, placed seemed sleepy to me.