Thailand's Yellow-Shirts Call For PM Abhisit To Stand Down

webfact

The only result of these immature and poorly timed events will be for further deterioration of Thailand. Chok dee, Thailand, chok dee. Sad........no one in Thailand seems to have insight and the country's best at heart. Sad. Soon, Thailand will be nothing more than the Third World country they are pressing to be.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The people who form the committee are people who are professional and put the country first. Anybody who has help a political office or military/police post in the past is automatically ruled out.

And where would you find these people? And how would you know what's in their hearts? How would you know they're not corrupt or can't be corrupted once they're in office?

Greed is everywhere. I mean a guy worth a couple of billions of dollars should have enough for the next few generations right? But still it isn't enough and he wants more.

As I posted previously somewhere around here, the selection process should be by lottery using ID card numbers for citizens over the age of 25, with considerations for equal representation geographically, and instead of 30, choose 500 and put them through intensive 30 day training on existing procedures, and these would be the representatives, subject to 90 day performance reviews and with term limits of 3 years.

Getting right off the thread here as I thought this was all about politics? But if you want to get into corruption I for one would be taking all the backhanders I could get if I was on a crappy government salary of 8-12000B a month which is an average income here. For many of us that could be considered a good night out so who can begrudge the odd government worker getting the odd 100-200B here and there.

Corruption works both ways as if you have friends in the local police you'll never pay for not wearing a crash helmet nor a parking or traffic violation. If your refering to corruption on a larger scale do your research and get a lawyer as Thailands not as bad as this thread makes it out to be. Anyone who doesn't trust Thai sources contact your embassy and don't be taken like a fool as fools get played in whatever country they're in!

@ Jirapa,

I'm sorry but you are a mental poor man in my humble opinion.

My grandfather and his father had to work very hard for a small salary. They were away from home by the week to get some money and WORKED about 15 hours a day. They had a salary just to keep themselves and the family alive. Sometimes they had to WALK to their work (150 km). Do you think my grandmother told them to get corrupt and to do other bad things to get their lives more enjoyable?????? No, my friend, they had much more dignity and proud. I am very happy that I had grandparents like them because they all made my country good livable. I am very happy too my country did not have people like you at that time. My country would be, be now, comparable to Sierra Leone or Nigeria or....

This is Thailand, don't forget that. There is (now) no salary like in our countries. But that gives them NO RIGHT to be - or accept corrupt(ion) nor other bad things. As long as there is corruption and other things related to it, there will be NO democracy nor equal good living in peace. That's just impossible. If you want to see Thailand to proceed in the good way. Don't accept or minimize corruption. FIGHT IT, for the good future of Thailand and all people living here.

I agree that expats are ill informed to take sides. 70% of Thais are smart enough not to. I am wondering, though, what your idea of poop on the wind is!

*airports closures, *stormed and cancelled ASEAN summit, *dozens dead on the street, *Travel bans by foreign countries. * fully equipped military trains commandeered *etc

Yes, it is going to get way, way worse, if they don't adopt the Joseph Solution and The Joseph Plan, but I would say crap has already happened!? you wouldn't?

best now to quote the bard -<deleted>?

"there will wars and rumors of wars"

Contrary to some observations, the doggy doo doo has not yet hit the fan, and in fact has not yet been ejected toward the fan, but the signs are clear that the time is imminent. What we are seeing is jockeying for position when the time becomes clear to all and the country declares a mandatory 60 day time out and all sides are ordered back to their corners before they come back out swinging in earnest to view for their place in history.

There are just too many factions within factions to keep track of them all. The powers within the "reds" and "yellows" have their own internal divisions. There are divisions within the parliament, divisions within the court, divisions within the military. There are divisions within divisions and nobody knows who is going to come out on top so most folks are hedging their bets. The Bard loved these Machiavellian scenarios for his tragedies.

My only advice to foreign ex-pats is to not take sides and to not get involved. You are as naive as the red shorted Isaan farmer who thinks Thaksin is a savior or the equally naive Bangkok-based yellow shirted Sino-Thai low ranking corporate Dilbert. What, you thought this was all about democracy?!?

Best now to quote from the Bard:

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,

To the last syllable of recorded time;

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

And where would you find these people? And how would you know what's in their hearts? How would you know they're not corrupt or can't be corrupted once they're in office?

Greed is everywhere. I mean a guy worth a couple of billions of dollars should have enough for the next few generations right? But still it isn't enough and he wants more.

As I posted previously somewhere around here, the selection process should be by lottery using ID card numbers for citizens over the age of 25, with considerations for equal representation geographically, and instead of 30, choose 500 and put them through intensive 30 day training on existing procedures, and these would be the representatives, subject to 90 day performance reviews and with term limits of 3 years.

Getting right off the thread here as I thought this was all about politics? But if you want to get into corruption I for one would be taking all the backhanders I could get if I was on a crappy government salary of 8-12000B a month which is an average income here. For many of us that could be considered a good night out so who can begrudge the odd government worker getting the odd 100-200B here and there.

Corruption works both ways as if you have friends in the local police you'll never pay for not wearing a crash helmet nor a parking or traffic violation. If your refering to corruption on a larger scale do your research and get a lawyer as Thailands not as bad as this thread makes it out to be. Anyone who doesn't trust Thai sources contact your embassy and don't be taken like a fool as fools get played in whatever country they're in!

@ Jirapa,

I'm sorry but you are a mental poor man in my humble opinion.

My grandfather and his father had to work very hard for a small salary. They were away from home by the week to get some money and WORKED about 15 hours a day. They had a salary just to keep themselves and the family alive. Sometimes they had to WALK to their work (150 km). Do you think my grandmother told them to get corrupt and to do other bad things to get their lives more enjoyable?????? No, my friend, they had much more dignity and proud. I am very happy that I had grandparents like them because they all made my country good livable. I am very happy too my country did not have people like you at that time. My country would be, be now, comparable to Sierra Leone or Nigeria or....

This is Thailand, don't forget that. There is (now) no salary like in our countries. But that gives them NO RIGHT to be - or accept corrupt(ion) nor other bad things. As long as there is corruption and other things related to it, there will be NO democracy nor equal good living in peace. That's just impossible. If you want to see Thailand to proceed in the good way. Don't accept or minimize corruption. FIGHT IT, for the good future of Thailand and all people living here.

Great post. I agree with everything you wrote but just one question when corruption is part of the culture how do we fight it?

Now I am sure that many of you who did not understand before are getting a more complete picture....

The Yellow shirts the minority by far will not relinquish control to the red shirts who are a majority of this country's population.

The Yellow shirts know that they can not win an election....

The Red shirts know that who ever they elect will get thrown out for a multitude of reasons...

Maybe a cooking show..

A corruption charge....

Can be anything....

So again the tail wagging the dog in this country there is no doubt.....

There is a solution but .....no one can talk about.

It's funny how a majority of the country's population can only get 40% of the vote.

And it's amazing that you are still painting Abhisit as a Yellow shirt. If you missed the OP, the yellows are telling Abhisit to step down.

edit: and if you want leaders that break the law (having 2 jobs while PM, electoral fraud), you're in good company with the reds.

So why are the yellow shirts anti a November election? I'll tell you why, they know they'll lose heavily, that's why. As an outsider looking in, I don't blame the redshirts/PPP one iota for being aggrieved, I'd be b....y livid if I was a PPP voter. The yellow shirts will do everything in their power to prevent a November (or whenever) election, including re-occupation of the airport, so if you've got any trips planned, make them quick. The yellow shirts, in my opinion, seem to want the poor of this country kept in the gutter while they cream off anything that's going at the top.

This impasse can be ended very quickly by accepting the majority vote in an election and letting the party voted in by the people govern for their legal term of office. If the yellows feel that they're that popular, why the objections and calls for Abhasit's resignation?

Strong leadership is needed, yes indeed. Send in the tanks

Seriously, I'm getting sick of posts like these. Why are you calling for Thais to kill Thais? :)

In truth we only need one Thai to do the job on one Thai...problem solved!

For the life of me I'm gobsmacked as to why it hasn't been done by now? :D

Seriously, I'm getting sick of posts like these. Why are you calling for Thais to kill Thais? :)

In truth we only need one Thai to do the job on one Thai...problem solved!

For the life of me I'm gobsmacked as to why it hasn't been done by now? :D

He's been flying around a lot, maybe not now tho :D

say bring on more protests :D

Since the protests started the BIB have been so busy doing actual "work" that they have not had time to collect there regularly requested "tea" money. This morning, thanks to the compromise from the PM, the boys were out with hands open and waiting. I saw 7 bikes get pulled in front of me at one time. Yours truly rode on politley but nervously. I am sure, had they seen my "round eyes", i would have been opening my wallet also!

So lets get some more protests going. Maybe take over Nana plaza with a "Pink Shirt' political group. Or how about we start a "green party" and have a "sit-in" in Lumpini park. :)

Just some thoughts to chew on.

yeah, I am strong agree with it - no violence !

it is a very sensitive period of time, seems extreme emotion is gone and most parties are building a zone of communication and solves the overlaying issues one-by-one.

however, any extreme opinion may turn these issues into a long term stuggle, a class conflict that may suffer for years !

say bring on more protests :D

Since the protests started the BIB have been so busy doing actual "work" that they have not had time to collect there regularly requested "tea" money. This morning, thanks to the compromise from the PM, the boys were out with hands open and waiting. I saw 7 bikes get pulled in front of me at one time. Yours truly rode on politley but nervously. I am sure, had they seen my "round eyes", i would have been opening my wallet also!

So lets get some more protests going. Maybe take over Nana plaza with a "Pink Shirt' political group. Or how about we start a "green party" and have a "sit-in" in Lumpini park. :)

Just some thoughts to chew on.

If you enjoy it so much advertise your address on TV, I'm sure you'll have lots of 'protests' at your hovel home.

Contrary to some observations, the doggy doo doo has not yet hit the fan, and in fact has not yet been ejected toward the fan, but the signs are clear that the time is imminent. What we are seeing is jockeying for position when the time becomes clear to all and the country declares a mandatory 60 day time out and all sides are ordered back to their corners before they come back out swinging in earnest to view for their place in history.

There are just too many factions within factions to keep track of them all. The powers within the "reds" and "yellows" have their own internal divisions. There are divisions within the parliament, divisions within the court, divisions within the military. There are divisions within divisions and nobody knows who is going to come out on top so most folks are hedging their bets. The Bard loved these Machiavellian scenarios for his tragedies.

My only advice to foreign ex-pats is to not take sides and to not get involved. You are as naive as the red shorted Isaan farmer who thinks Thaksin is a savior or the equally naive Bangkok-based yellow shirted Sino-Thai low ranking corporate Dilbert. What, you thought this was all about democracy?!?

Best now to quote from the Bard:

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,

To the last syllable of recorded time;

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

I think all that's true but don't you think what's going on now is designed to either eliminate, neutralize or bring under the protection of a larger faction many of these sub-factions? Clearly this exercise by Abhisit is for consolidation purposes and yes it could certainly be too little too late, what with well financed rougue elements incessantly provoking. Still I think we're approaching this time in better shape than we might have.

For Abhisit

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Good luck Mr Abhisit TIT

Edited by landofthefree

Well done Landofthefree and Redsunset. The worms have turned in favour of sense and sensibility.

However, not so for deceased (diseased) Snoopy but at least better dead than Red.

ed sp

Edited by hunglikea

I have to hand it to Abhisit. He took the middle road route, which he knew full well was going to be unpopular with EVERYONE, which sure enough, it was. He's sticking to his guns though, because he thinks this is the best way for Thailand to amend its divides. I have to say, that's nothing short of commendable. Let's hope he manages to make it out in one piece.

yeah, I am strong agree with it - no violence !

it is a very sensitive period of time, seems extreme emotion is gone and most parties are building a zone of communication and solves the overlaying issues one-by-one.

however, any extreme opinion may turn these issues into a long term stuggle, a class conflict that may suffer for years !

I agree - more importantly, so does Abhisit. I would speculate that some previous PMs would not have tolerated such civil disobedience.

I have to hand it to Abhisit. He took the middle road route, which he knew full well was going to be unpopular with EVERYONE, which sure enough, it was. He's sticking to his guns though, because he thinks this is the best way for Thailand to amend its divides. I have to say, that's nothing short of commendable. Let's hope he manages to make it out in one piece.

well, I am not looking at PM Abhisit only ! in this incident, his leadership had been challenged and been confirmed.

now, it is the moment of Thai, of everyone in the Thai community ! if Thai are still playing reds, yellow, and whatever colours, the PM won't be able to help neither !

be united, be peace !

PAD = People for Airport Destruction

UDD = Uneducated Downtown Demolition

They are as bad as each other and Abhisit - or whoever is in charge in the future - should not give them any consideration whatsoever. How the hel_l can the opinions of the PAD even make it to media light? There are obviously huge (visible and invisible) elephants in the room and noone is talking about them. Fed up!

so it now looks like as soon as the reds clear the baracades away from the city center and things were just starting to start to get back to normal the yellows will move in and start their own little games or they may feel that its easier to take over govt house again and plunder and pillage like they did last time --- I heard from a friend of mine who is a govt officical that the amount of property stolen was amazing - computers, guns, cars ,van and personal property - not to mention the damage to buildings etc - wonder if any of that was ever recovered and if anyone was charged or they might find it easier to just storm the airport and close that down again --- that ploy seemed to work for them last time so its a tried and proven tactic - well this time the impact on tourism will not be so bad as the damage has already been done --

well the fun times are not over yet but it does make interesting reading ---

i was thinking that they had been rather quite for a while -- so its obviious they dont want peace - just keep the problems moving -

I heard the damage came to 500,000,000 Baht. And they have the nerve to complain about amnesty for the red shirts. Not that I approve of it but whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Heard a rumor they were going to prosecute the Yellow shirts for loitering. :)