Armoured Vehicles, Army Live Bullets Will Be Used To Surround Red-Shirts From 6pm

webfact

I keep seeing this on a daily basis thinking when I wake up (I'm in the U.S.) that it will al be over. Going to bed now, but I'm pretty sure when I wake up nothing will have changed.

..you will probably be a little older..

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whats the betting te reds will have aquired a couple of Armoured vehicals by tommorrow morning and the personal of said vehicals will be paraded opn stage. The PM says i'm gonna do this. the police negotiate the release of the hostages and we all wake up with a stinging sensation of De ja vu ob Saturday morning a its back to square one.

The police are <deleted> useless, the army is less than <deleted> useless, Anupong is more <deleted> useless than the army and the PM, well i've run out of fecks

Might be right about that. Let's go ahead and see. This isn't some 1 day protest. It's gotta end somehow, and IMO Abhisit has already given them everything they want, and it's not good enough. He can give them more, but then they will just ask for more.

I do not think this is an "empty threat."

The current PM has done everything in his power to prevent bloodshed.

He has done everything in his power to not fall into the "trap" a certain person wants him to fall into.

It is clear that a "certain person" wants bloodshed so that his "spin machine" can turn the event to his advantage.

The REDs are not going away until they are finally forced to go away. That is too bad.

I think bloodshed is all but certain.

After that, some important questions will surface:

What will the Thai government (and international community) do to bring the perpetrator of this tragedy to justice?

Will the Thai govt. seize ALL of the perpetrator's assets to pay for the economic problems he caused?

Will the REDS start a campaign of terror across Thailand?

They already have the perpetrator's asset's. That's what this is all about at the end of the day. He want's them back by any means possible. He could care less about the rural people.

I find it really annoying these countries giving him safe harbor. Dubai, Montenegro, Nicaragua, etc. I get Cambodia. Hun Sen has a hard on for Abhisit over the Preah Vihear thing.

understood! the question is why does he give them legal status, a kind of? This is bowing down to terrorists and criminals, whether they're a party or a group, same same.

Because he is being diplomatic. He's offering solutions without more people having to die. The reds don't care about more people dying. They just want to be in power.

They will be in power - after the next election :)

Hmmmm. If Thaksin were Prime Minister I just wonder how he would handle this situation EH?

Well in 2006, Thaksin was Prime Minister and was faced with serious demonstrations from the Yellow Shirts. His response to the situation was to call a General Election and allow the electorate decide (it's called democracy).

However, Abhisit refused to enter his Democrat party into the elections. The result was political turmoil which allowed the Army to stage a military coup later that year.

The rest, as they say, is history.

The scum supported by a large proportion of the country, including Bangkok residents? Oh, THAT scum. Right.

It's a recipe for disaster.

Shining Path in Peru had a lot of supporters too, mate. Some things just can't be tolerated if you want a civil society.

And one thing that must not be tolerated is Americans using "mate". :)

We use it as term of contempt so in that context I think it is perfectly acceptable. :D

I quite agree, mate.

So when the 'reds' bring down more 'rent a crowd' in buses like they did recently, then what?

The army are going to have to have road blocks into Bangkok and have intelligence in the NE.

So if people exit the red camp where will they go? To another area and start again?

The ones from out of Bangkok i.e. the NE. They should be put on buses are taken there.

Easier said than done of course.

Water cannons, tear gas and restricting the media from filming is what the Chinese would start with.

Will that be the case here?

They are stupid / uneducated people from up country, and I bet some of them can't even explain why they are there, apart from getting some money!!!

I think you'll find that all of them can explain why they're there.

It's actually very simple: when our Dear Leader returns, the price of rice will go up. That's the line that's used to brainwash them.

I really hope they don't get killed. Sure, wipe out the leaders and kill Thaksin, but leave the farmers alone.

Best sentence all day. I'm sure a moderator will come along and remove it. But you hit the nail on the head.

Hmmmm. If Thaksin were Prime Minister I just wonder how he would handle this situation EH?

Well in 2006, Thaksin was Prime Minister and was faced with serious demonstrations from the Yellow Shirts. His response to the situation was to call a General Election and allow the electorate decide (it's called democracy).

However, Abhisit refused to enter his Democrat party into the elections. The result was political turmoil which allowed the Army to stage a military coup later that year.

The rest, as they say, is history.

And after the elections did not run as expected he ordered a violent crackdown which triggered the coup. At least they told so, might be true or wrong.

Do they really think that using armoured personnel carriers that they will be able to disperse this crowd without getting some people killed? That would probably make the April 10 look like a children's party.

Wonder what Gen. Paochinda has to say about this?

My bet is that NO, there will be no clash and that this the government will suffer another embarassing and humiliating defeat is a game of chicken.

Depends if Abhisit has signed the form absolving the army of responsibility for casualties or not.

Did I hear someone cry 'wolf' ?

One thing for sure , all THAI are the same SAY I DO and DO Nothing , same in Business , same in Government , that way no one can be accountable !! Its the Thai Way

Are you typical of all Canadians?

I say and do many things, man that blows your theory out of the water ;_)

Anyhow, I hope that somehow it doesn't turn into the blood bath that some of the red shirt leaders hope for.

Talking to the rellies upcountry, families have been told payment of 200,000b if the person dies or is injured to attend the rallies, plus daily payment.

One family has already received cash for someone already seriously injured before - so basically for some this is enough to go and attend the rally. 200,000b in savings in parts of Buriram is more than a family makes in 5 years.

It's just another dangerous job that the downtrodden end up doing, while the leaders, even Arisaman, are staying in fancy hotels eating decent food and getting WAY more than 200k.

Add to that the Buddhist belief in reincarnation and karma.

If you think you will come back then you won't worry as much about death.

If you live in the moment, then death tomorrow is just the karmic wheel saying times up.

Yes, a risky job, but the potential pay off for your loved ones is huge, and the daily benefits

by most reports are larger than most that would go could hope to make.

No infrastructure at home and so little industry or ease of transport to move products,

so no work.... Part of the Issan problem is location location location,

and lack of usable resources to improve the region.

They are stupid / uneducated people from up country, and I bet some of them can't even explain why they are there, apart from getting some money!!!

I think you'll find that all of them can explain why they're there.

It's actually very simple: when our Dear Leader returns, the price of rice will go up. That's the line that's used to brainwash them.

I really hope they don't get killed. Sure, wipe out the leaders and kill Thaksin, but leave the farmers alone.

Best sentence all day. I'm sure a moderator will come along and remove it. But you hit the nail on the head.

alternative give them dead sentence, pardon them to life sentence and put them on a special island in the south or let them work on Chamlongs farm till he could change them to good people (they need to listen to his speaches 2 hours a day).

Look its very simple to defeat the Reds ...........Surround the area with flatscreen tvs and turn them on, like a moth to a light they will swarm rou nd the tv's unable to move transfixed by the box (check it out at any retail mall)........... then open fire.

Sorted, unless the yellows can have special "no tv goggles" though it might backfire???

I forgot to say..... I am learning how to be an eraser. Anybody wants to erase the nasty menace of Thailand who lives in exile and now fugitive from justice..... send me a message with the right figures.

Have you tried asking some of them? I assume you did, otherwise the above would be foolish beyond belief. Or dare I say, 'uneducated'..

and in the end to themsleves and god help us if the 'Taksin' friendlies come back to power......... :)

It's pretty inevitable that eventually they will. Not sure why that would affect you or me though, other than having a better chance at getting the economy back on track. (Which many Farang Retirees here don't really want, of course.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

understood! the question is why does he give them legal status, a kind of? This is bowing down to terrorists and criminals, whether they're a party or a group, same same.

Because he is being diplomatic. He's offering solutions without more people having to die. The reds don't care about more people dying. They just want to be in power.

be nice and diplomatic to a cancer will kill you fast, very fast.

Yes. He should have dealt with them when they were "weak" - after their foray into the suburbs on the 28th, and especially after their blunder at Chula Hospital.

"Patience"? You mean the inability of this army-installed "democratic" government to get the police and army to fight the people who a majority of them support.

Suthep's government was army-installed, and after that we had an election which nobody won. The current government is a product of that election. Every MP was voted in by the people. The army didn't install the MPs, people voted for them. Some MPs once elected jumped onto the PPP bandwagon, having promised not to, and then later on some MPs jumped onto the Democrat bandwagon. Standard practice. People don't like it, they can vote their MP out at the next election.

Lets see;

1) an illegal coup (revolution, treason) overthrew a legally elected goverment. (and were granted amnesty for their treason i believe)

2) a new guy was voted in by parliment

3) the yellow shirt "terrorists" did not like him and seized the international airport

4) the court threw out all of the elected members of the overthrow prime ministers party.

5) the remaining "parliment" then voted in a new guy.

6) Now the red "terrorists" want him out and want to vote on a new goverment

besides these issues there are deep, deep, social and economic divisions and injustices and discriminations.

if this had happened in the USA you would be protesting and marching too. In fact we did. remember Martin Luther King Jr.?

It is really amazing to me how so many falangs think they are so well informed on this issue that has cultural roots so deep.

I am sorry you poor fat retired falangs have been "inconvienenced" by the protests. But not to worry that bargirl from your last visit to Nana will still be there for you. (and her other 5 boyfriends) And the beer will still be cold.

To want to "go in and disperse" the reds is simply calling for the deaths of many people. And when/if that happens the only loser will be Thailand. How dare these people want "the goverment to listen to me too"? OH, sorry that line was from a "multi-colored" shirt at another protest. Wow, so they all want a say in goverment. Imagine that!

And yes they could be "dispersed" like in China, by using "live ammunition" to "persuade" people. I only know of one way that ammuntion can persuade, and that is by shoting someone. So go for it right? That is if you want about 2000 dead bodies on your hands! Maybe a Kent State type thing is better, only wack a half dozen or so! But then they are just dumb rice farmers so who cares right?

To call the protesters (reds or yellows) cowards is just pure crap. They are putting their lives on the line to fight for a better democracy. "From time to time the seeds of democracy and freedom must be watered with the blood of patriots", not an entirely accurate quote but true none the less. When was the last time you got up from the TV and did ANYTHING?

Were all of you calling for the army to go in and start "dispersing" the yellow shirt terrorists also. After all they took over the airport, if you can remember. Doubt it, after all you were not very "innconvienenced" by that if you live here. And that is really what matters to most of you. Your own personal comfort in the LOS.

To be sure the reds have made big mistakes. Invading a hospital is inexcusable, if the bombers are associated with the leaders they should all hang with them, not being flexible and compromising enough to end this is just plain childish. But that does not disuade from them having a just fight for a just cause.( not Thaksin, but democracy. That guy needs to be locked up. Then he can work on an appeal).

All of that being said, this really does need to end, but it needs to end with a resolution that addresses the issues. Otherwise it will simply simmer and boil-over at a time in the near future. Killing a bunch of "reds" will only make other people sympathetic towards their cause and harden their resolve. It will also give an excuse for violence, after all "violence begets violence".

To his credit I think Abhisit has shown incredible patience and (finally) a willingness to compromoise. To change his stance now will simply be more of the political suicide that so many on both sides have shown to be very capable of.

I am sure the government is not going to move in unprovoked to enforce the law. The surrounding of the area is a great idea because we know the reds will attack soldiers and vehicles giving authorities the perfect opportunity to clear out the lawless violent mob purely for self defense & safety purposes.

Likely scenario.

Thais are clearly incapable of negotiation. The contrast between this fiasco and the coming together of two sworn political enemies within 5 days in a European country is stark.

its been frustrating sure but why does it sound like people want the army /government to hurry up and kill people? Isn't calling for the crackdown, getting the reds out etc calling for people's deaths (probably on both sides)?

Oh, there's no shortage of people calling for bloodshed on this forum!

and what will killing achieve.............?

we will see this struggle transform to the way they fought in Northern Ireland and the Basque region :)

So if people exit the red camp where will they go? To another area and start again?

that is one of the worst scenario, like you hit on one cockroach then rest all fly away but just hide somewhere ! they problem didn't solved, but expanded !

Water cannons, tear gas and restricting the media from filming is what the Chinese would start with.

Will that be the case here?

NO, China 'was' very straightforward on this subject. no negotiation, no scare tactic, no BS on human right discussion, just do it.

well, I am not expecting this happen here anyway !

I am sure the government is not going to move in unprovoked to enforce the law. The surrounding of the area is a great idea because we know the reds will attack soldiers and vehicles giving authorities the perfect opportunity to clear out the lawless violent mob purely for self defense & safety purposes.

Likely scenario.

Yes it is.

ZOMG! just get it over & done with!

Exactly! Whatever is going to happen just get on with it so we can all start trying to get back to some kind of normality.

PS: To all our American friends, "normalcy" is NOT an acceptable English word. Stop b*astardising our lingo.!!

Normalcy is a funny thing. A big goal for Abhisit, sometimes it comes soon as possible, some tomes it has been achieved already and elections are essential and once normalcy is restored Abhisit sees no problem in dissolving the parliament.

Abhisit and the pledge of normalcy in previous years

The whole idea of getting things back to normalcy is to have elections, Parliament and government that are legitimate," Abhisit said. July 25, 2006, NYT

We are ready: Abhisit

The Democrat Party yesterday vowed to restore political normalcy, ensure a robust economy and to bring about good governance as political activities start to return to normal. June 7, 2007, The Nation

Even the other main party in the race, the Democrat Party, offered a warning to ambitious military leaders as Thailand tries to regain political normalcy after the elections. ‘’If the military shows signs of wanting to hang on to power, the Democrats will be out there protesting,’’ Abhisit Vejajiva, leader of the party, said during a speech at the Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Thailand on Tuesday. December 21, 2007, IPS NEWS

""My government will restore normalcy to the country and make Thailand victorious," the 44-year-old Abhisit said in his speech, which was shown live on national television." December 30, 2008, smh.com.au

On the first day of his official visit to England yesterday (March 13th), the premier met with a group of British businessmen and delivered a speech entitled "Restoring International Confidence and Pushing Thailand Forward." Mr Abhisit stressed during his speech that Thailand already returned to normalcy ... March 14, 2009, NNT

"What I like to stress is I am not worried about elections," he said. "That is not a problem. I am a politician who has contested elections for 17 or 18 years."

But the prime minister said elections should only be held after the situation became stable. "It would take some time for normalcy to return to the country." April 6, 2009

“We announce the state of emergency and related announcements to give legal power to the government to restore order and bring back normalcy as soon as possible,” Abhisit, 44, said on state television. “The government will try to prevent any losses. We hope to get support from the public to bring peace to the nation.” April 12, 2009, Bloomberg

"We will send a signal to the international community that normalcy has been restored," Abhisit said at his offices in Bangkok's Government House, which were at the epicentre of the protests by the pro-Thaksin "Red Shirts". April 25, 2009. Kuwait Times/ AFP

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva yesterday pledged to resolve animosity between rival groups and foster reconciliation in six to eight months to pave the way for a snap election.

"If things proceed as anticipated, then I aim to steer the country out of the present turmoil and bring about normalcy in six to eight months, following which I won't mind dissolving the House," he said. May 1, 2009, The Nation

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said yesterday he intended to stay in office for as long as it takes to bring normalcy back to Thai politics and the economy.

He said that though he did not know how long he would remain in the premier's seat, it should not be any longer than eight years. September 8, 2009, The Nation

"Thailand has been absent from the global stage for a long time. Now we have made a comeback," he said.

Abhisit said he had reassured foreign political and business leaders he met during his visit that the country had returned to normalcy September 27, 2009, The Nation

"Chaos will not be triggered by the government. I want to reassure the public that my government will continue working and restore normalcy as soon as possible," said Abhisit, before leaving the barracks by helicopter. March 15, 2010, Times of India

It must be emphasized that the law is a mechanism that allows the Government to effectively discharge its function. It does not intend to cause harm to the public. The objective of using the law is to return the situation to normalcy as soon as possible. The Government is doing everything it can and in accordance with international standards to restore peace and order. April 7,2010, thaigov.go.th

Speaking during his weekly TV programme, which was recorded Saturday and aired Sunday, Abhisit said the government's goal is to return normalcy to the country so the government has to consider all connected moves of the red-shirt movement before taking actions to solve the overall problem. April 25, 2010, The Nation

Thailand's prime minister said Monday that his government is working to achieve normalcy in the country amid massive opposition protests, but warned it will take "time, patience and cooperation" from all parties involved. April 28, 2010, CNN

Thais are Thais....... always playing cat and mouse game. They really never grow up and become mature. Always childish. Mai pen arai and chai yen yen ---- hip! hip! HURRAY!!!!

Well... the ignorant is always ignorant

Way to generalize and look down on Thai people. Should be ashamed of yourself.

well nothing to lose considering they were already refused entry onto the Human Rights list today, might as well play up to that, nobody is expecting human rights to be observed anyway.

Wonder if past performance could have anything to do with that.... Like the Thaksin years?