Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

How can anyone trust him?

I would get violent too

Abhisit has to resign if he wants peace back in Thailand!

Yeah and that would help ?????? I think not :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

I would get violent too

You really don't understand human nature at all, do you? By wreaking havoc throughout Bangkok, the Reds just assured that Abhisit will be seen as a hero, and will serve out not only this term, but likely another after that.

On the other hand, by saying "the reds are basically peaceful" on a thread about these folks burning down the largest commercial center in the city, you have demonstrated your illogical thought processes better than anything any of us could say.

This guy has been talking about "The Jospeh Solution" for about 8 weeks. I have no clue <deleted> he is talking about. Does anyone else?

Not sure, it seems to me that this is a guy called 'pastor Joseph' (Thai) who stole millions from the congregation a couple of years ago. This particular church has been disconnected from their brothers and sisters in all other countries. I got this info via Australia, since they tried hard to cover this up here. He stole the money and poured it into politics.

I would get violent too

Seems like this posting is taking the Award of the Most Stupid Posting Contest.

I've lost the count on have many responds it got so far...

The largest insurance scam to beat all scams in Thailand. :) But seriously this event highlights a whole myriad of issues.:

1. Where was security when they began to torch the building? Sleeping?
  2. Why did the automatic fire fighting sprinkler system fail?
  3. Why did the fire spread so quickly? Poor design, poor construction?
  4. Where were the Fire Wardens, Evacuation personnel etc.? There have been fatal fires before in BKK, this is not new.
  5. Where was a coordinated effort from above and below to contain the blaze, surely 9/11 taught the world about large scale building fires and how they work.
  6. Which parties/groups/landlords/disgruntled employees etc. stood to gain from this event?
  7. The entire episode from the start has been mishandled, what other country would tolerate insurgents of any kind disrupting essential services, roads, etc. and the subsequent mayhem that led to an out of control situation and that has ultimately led to fatalities. "Give'em an inch and they'll take a mile!"

I've said my piece. I think it's pretty obvious what will happen if something overarching, covering multiple issues simultaneously and radical is not done soon. More and more people will get involved, directly and indirectly, and unfortunately there will be more unnecessary deaths. Over to the forum for some constructive ideas. :D

Shopping mall was closed for over a month with only a few security guards on the premises.

Fire trucks were not able to enter the area, due to all the baricades set ablaze around north, south and east of the building, with protesters shooting at the firecrews coming from the west.

With what was in the mall and restaurants / shops in the building, and with obvious intent to make as much damage as possible, by keeping fire crews away, there was no way the building security could put the blaze out.

How empty was the streets of Bangkok during this protest going on for the last few weeks?

Covards. Proves they are terrorist.

Yeah that's really helpful, son. Let's call vandalism 'terrorism'. Let's call rioting 'terrorism'. Let's call protests and militancy and civil disobedience 'terrorism'. Heck, let's just call anything we don't like 'terrorism'.

Used to symphatize with the red movements but all that is now gone.

Wow... your support will be missed.

I sincerely hope that all foreigners and thais take all this in consideration and do NOT vote for the reds in next election.

Hm yeah, those foreigners should really consider it next time they go to the ballot box... Oh wait... they don't get to vote!

That would be a clear signal.

Ya think?

Still, great post, Zapper. You really contributed today.

--

Somchai

And how much money do the rich Chinese Thai have here in Bangkok?

If they say they have 30 billion dollars, they likely have 100 billion dollars.

The other rich Chinese Thai families have huge money off shore as well.

Just look at the Thai Baht at 32 for the US dollar.

How on earth is that possible unless huge money from these same rich families is supporting it with huge buying of the baht.

Imagine the foreign currency in any nation after this event. They would all be in free fall. But here in the land of Chinese Thai money, the baht is still strong.

Bangkok is closed down and the baht is still strong.

But this too could end soon.

The Chinese Thai business man are ready to run from Thailand now. if they should start to leave in mass, the Thai meltdown will accelerate and the baht could see 100 or more for the us dollar.

The Thai wreck is was so so predictable and preventable.

Of course when you treat people like 2nd class citizens and kill them without a trial, you have become a rogue nation, as Miss Sarah says.

I fear for my family and you should fear for yours.

This is the start up of a revolution and not the end of a small movement.

What a load of BS. All these people are, are terrorists. That word is over used these days, but anyone who would kill, bomb, burn the residents and businesses of a city are clearly a threat.

After its all said and done it seems that the reds will lose the respect they had earned, and the bargaining chips they had are gone.

They don't want any respect from you or any farang,because it's not your business.Mind your own business,half of the world is a mash.

Central World, any update ?

or no one allows to leave home, no information ?

Good question. It's amazing how fast a thread related to such a direct, defined topic can metastasize into such a bunch of b.s.

Examples of vandalism include salting lawns, cutting trees without permission, egg throwing, breaking windows, arson, spraying paint on others' properties, tagging, placing glue into locks, tire slashing, keying (scratching) paint, ransacking a property, and flooding a house by clogging a sink and leaving the water running. via Wikipedia

Of course when you treat people like 2nd class citizens and kill them without a trial, you have become a rogue nation, as Miss Sarah says.

Oh you must be talking about Thaksin and the few thousand people he had killed without a trial ?

Can not believe that there are foriegn people still

staying in Bkk. Its not the best place anyway but

now with all this shit happening what is stopping

you guys from going to a beach resort. Maybe other

people see something in Bangkok that I do not.

This is the consequence of the STUPID government who is taking the cruelest steps to kill their people.. by accusing the Poor,Knowledge-less Red-Shirt Protester as a "Terrorist" and starting to kill them.. the idiot government is going the worst silly action in a "Democracy" Country.. The government shouldn't call themselves as "Buddhist" in the future by blooding the country.. <deleted>

post as many times as you can, before you get banned again.

How on earth is that possible unless huge money from these same rich families is supporting it with huge buying of the baht.

Imagine the foreign currency in any nation after this event. They would all be in free fall. But here in the land of Chinese Thai money, the baht is still strong.

The Chinese Thai business man are ready to run from Thailand now. if they should start to leave in mass, the Thai meltdown will accelerate and the baht could see 100 or more for the us dollar.

Please do not single out the Chinese.

The Indians, Farang, Arabs, etc etc are all better off that the local born Thai.

Blame them too, if you want to blame the Chinese.

I would get violent too

Seems like this posting is taking the Award of the Most Stupid Posting Contest.

I've lost the count on have many responds it got so far...

Although todays dramatic events have been very sad to see I for one am glad that maybe just maybe we will have an end to this standoff that has brought Bangkok to a standstill. I havent been able to work for the last 2 weeks and havent been paid as a result but that is of little consequence think about how many poorer people than me have lost their livelihoods. I want to think about the Phoenix, the mythical huge bird, that rose out from the ashes and think that my favourite place in the world Bangkok, the big mango, Thailand

will have its phoenix and soon be reborn again.

This is the consequence of the STUPID government who is taking the cruelest steps to kill their people.. by accusing the Poor,Knowledge-less Red-Shirt Protester as a "Terrorist" and starting to kill them.. the idiot government is going the worst silly action in a "Democracy" Country.. The government shouldn't call themselves as "Buddhist" in the future by blooding the country.. <deleted>

If the RED are not "Terrorist", who are burning Bangkok right now?

More rubbish

and now your quoting Sarah Palin :):D:D

If the RED are not "Terrorist", who are burning Bangkok right now?

it's just burning itself, HAHAHA

What a load of BS. All these people are, are terrorists. That word is over used these days, but anyone who would kill, bomb, burn the residents and businesses of a city are clearly a threat.

After its all said and done it seems that the reds will lose the respect they had earned, and the bargaining chips they had are gone.

They don't want any respect from you or any farang,because it's not your business.Mind your own business,half of the world is a mash.

Right on, hjvdhoef.

--

Somchai

Tinom, join reality please. It was not the PM who changed his mind about early elections, etc. Reds at first accepted, then kept adding new conditions and failing to keep theeir promise to end protest. I take neither side, but like to read facts not fiction.

More rubbish

and now your quoting Sarah Palin :):D:D

Must be a member of the "mentally challenged of the world unite " club

(I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

I would get violent too

Abhisit has to resign if he wants peace back in Thailand!)

I think... no not "I think". I am saying Abhisit should've resigned right away. Why did he let the reds stayed there for almost 2 months, in result are deaths, serious injuries, lost of millions of dollars, (maybe billions), and in the end they just cracked them down anyway, I mean they shouldve done this long time ago!! This would never end.. They dont see the bigger picture! They will keep coming back! He must resign for the sake of Thailand.