Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

Abhisit is unquestionably an honest leader and I believe he is on the path to proving himself to become one of the greatest PM's Thailand has ever had.

Edit: I am so looking forward to his getting a chance to make that trip to the US and allow him and Obama to get together. I have no doubt they are going to hit it off great and we are going to see an ever stronger relationship between the two countries.

Unquestionably honest as in ..when he said on BBC that he would step down for the good of the country if the situation would "get worse" in Thailand? That was when the protesters were only blocking Rajprasong and there was no civil war yet in Thailand. Thankfully it didn't get any worse from there. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by his accent I think he is from Australian or New Zealand. However, with this Video the immigration people should be able to pick him up, I hope. Maybe the Aus or NZ embassy would be interested in him as well. Of course many many working class Thais will be out of a job because of the torching of Central World. I don't suppose he cares, his sort never do. Bastard.

Before leaders got on stage to disperse the crowd the fire had already been started. So, I have to wonder if the plan was well known and this is maybe a joke. However, it looks pretty dam_n real though the throwing the stick on the ground seemed a bit overkill.

Abhisit is unquestionably an honest leader and I believe he is on the path to proving himself to become one of the greatest PM's Thailand has ever had.

Edit: I am so looking forward to his getting a chance to make that trip to the US and allow him and Obama to get together. I have no doubt they are going to hit it off great and we are going to see an ever stronger relationship between the two countries.

Unquestionably honest as in ..when he said on BBC that he would step down for the good of the country if the situation would "get worse" in Thailand? That was when the protesters were only blocking Rajprasong and there was no civil war yet in Thailand. Thankfully it didn't get any worse from there. :)

Things are looking dam_n GOOD for the country right now ... just not looking too good for lawless violent law breakers.

Edit: You so far have refused to back up your claim about he Monks yet so, I am sure you won't back up the claim that Abhisit said he would step down if things "get worse" ... GET WORSE is exactly your words ... please back up your claim.

Edited by jcbangkok

The good people of Thailand do not deserve the viciousness of Thaksin's red horde. May they all rot.

Hey monkey, I'm missing the warrants against Aghisit and his horde for murde innocent people.

Do you have any brain or lost it last night in a bar???

I have yet to see a single innocent murdered in the riots...enlighten us please.

So you are judge and jury now, are you? You do write some stupid bigoted stuff TAWP.

The good people of Thailand do not deserve the viciousness of Thaksin's red horde. May they all rot.

Hey monkey, I'm missing the warrants against Aghisit and his horde for murde innocent people.

I have yet to see a single innocent murdered in the riots...enlighten us please.

So you are judge and jury now, are you? You do write some stupid bigoted stuff TAWP.

I thought it was a fair point. Where are the murdered innocents?

Judging by his accent I think he is from Australian or New Zealand. However, with this Video the immigration people should be able to pick him up, I hope. Maybe the Aus or NZ embassy would be interested in him as well. Of course many many working class Thais will be out of a job because of the torching of Central World. I don't suppose he cares, his sort never do. Bastard.

Before leaders got on stage to disperse the crowd the fire had already been started. So, I have to wonder if the plan was well known and this is maybe a joke. However, it looks pretty dam_n real though the throwing the stick on the ground seemed a bit overkill.

With that accent I would say 100% from London

Things are looking dam_n GOOD for the country right now ... just not looking too good for lawless violent law breakers.

So, what about these guys? That's Newin and his own private army, running around with weapons in Pattaya last year. Why aren't they in prison as well? Or does he have a special permit to run his own army of armed thugs without facing legal consequences? If so, where can you apply for this special permit?

11_154949_62.jpg

3445974029_f3e56638b2_o.jpg

_45656244_007159660-1.jpg

You mean when the numbers started to dwindle and the actions and negotiation tactics of the leaders started to get even more aggressive and unreasonable? Well I guess it's downhill from there on for both sides...

What was wrong with the November elections anyhow?

So, what about these guys? That's Newin and his own private army, running around with weapons in Pattaya last year. Why aren't they in prison as well? Or does he have a special permit to run his own army of armed thugs without facing legal consequences? If so, where can you apply for this special permit?

Is anyone in prison from the riots last year?

Is anyone in prison from the riots last year?

Well, Newin is effectively the blue shirts leader. The red shirts leader are in prison because there were armed red shirts running around. And clearly last year there were armed blue shirts running around. But Newin is still part of the coalition government. Without the "Friends of Newin", Abhisit wouldn't even be PM as he didn't have the majority. So maybe that's why? Amazing Thailand.

Here's somebody predicting it a few days earlier:

I'm lost for words too.

Anyone here know that idiot? I'm sure there are plenty of people that would like 5 minutes alone with him.

Thanks for posting and agreed, totally left speechless by this guy.

Here's a screen capture shot of the offender:

lunatic.png

Is that the same guy as I captured in this photo here - look at the lower left:

Red-Shirts-Bangkok14.jpg

Covards. Proves they are terrorist.

Used to symphatize with the red movements but all that is now gone.

I sincerely hope that all foreigners and thais take all this in consideration and do NOT vote for the reds in next election. That would be a clear signal.

Next election! When?

A timely election is precisely what would have prevented this.

What is Thailand coming to?! What in the hel_l were Thaksin's supporters thinking? Thailand must be re-united if it is to remain strong; I hope that this clash between red and yellow shirts will not be Thailand's undoing.

The Thais were never "united" in the first place. The rural poor were treated like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed sh1t. It couldn't last forever, and it hasn't.

I'm lost for words too.

Anyone here know that idiot? I'm sure there are plenty of people that would like 5 minutes alone with him.

lunatic.png

Red-Shirts-Bangkok14.jpg

Could be, but it's hard to tell. The tattoos on his arm are certainly there, but the watch is missing. Doesn't mean anything, though. In my opinion, it's a 90% chance it's him.

I sincerely hope that all foreigners and thais take all this in consideration and do NOT vote for the reds in next election. That would be a clear signal.

Next election! When?

November not timely enough?

Or maybe just do what huge majority of Thailand want and call an immediate election .... oh ... just a sec ... 100,000 isn't a huge majority is it? Certainly the 10,000 they had towards the end, and 3,000 on the last day, wasn't really the sort of majority you would consider following their demands for, would it.

Next election! When?

Unfortunately, some elements above the red shirt movement prevented this as they wanted their own conditions added. The red shirt movement is a "complicated mix" of people who want to see real change (the rural poor), one person that found an opportunity to direct them to his benefit (Thaksin), and bad people that got attached for their own personal interests (thugs and Bangkok's mafia groups).

Abhisit now has a chance to steer the country into the right direction and fix at least some of the deep divisions in Thailand, by calling an election before his time in office is up in 2011, and hopefully be able to put to rest the concerns of the rural poor. We'll see if he does.

What is Thailand coming to?! What in the hel_l were Thaksin's supporters thinking? Thailand must be re-united if it is to remain strong; I hope that this clash between red and yellow shirts will not be Thailand's undoing.

The Thais were never "united" in the first place. The rural poor were treated like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed sh1t. It couldn't last forever, and it hasn't.

Interesting, friends of mine in Isaan who most certainly are part of the rural poor have all called to see if I am okay in Bangkok and to voice how much they and their families hate the Reds for doing this. Seems like a lot of these "uneducated peasantfolk" are smart enough to know that this is the most ludicrous way to achieve a democracy and do not support the small percentage of violent hoodlums who perpetrate such idiotic and despicable actions.

English accent for sure. Not an Aussie or a Kiwi.

Yes, 100% as I have full confidence that authorities are not arresting Monks without cause just as they were not targeting reporters with snipers ... neither would serve any purpose and would only hurt their cause.

Oh, and beyond your friend ... any link to prove your statement they were taken from the Temple?

No doubt we will know more about what went on inside the temple when the smoke clears. There is at least one report that suggests this may turn out to be quite significant.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/as...nd-1977647.html

I have no way of knowing whether this is true, but the story is going to have plenty of resonance in Baan Nok, especially when the wounded and the bodies are returned to the NE.

Unfortunately, some elements above the red shirt movement prevented this as they wanted their own conditions added. The red shirt movement is a "complicated mix" of people who want to see real change (the rural poor), one person that found an opportunity to direct them to his benefit (Thaksin), and bad people that got attached for their own personal interests (thugs and Bangkok's mafia groups).

Abhisit now has a chance to steer the country into the right direction and fix at least some of the deep divisions in Thailand, by calling an election before his time in office is up in 2011, and hopefully be able to put to rest the concerns of the rural poor. We'll see if he does.

You forget the rich pooyai's and businessmen from the villages in your "bad people" list, that want a red government so they can continue to skim from the government handouts.

Yes, 100% as I have full confidence that authorities are not arresting Monks without cause just as they were not targeting reporters with snipers ... neither would serve any purpose and would only hurt their cause.

Oh, and beyond your friend ... any link to prove your statement they were taken from the Temple?

No doubt we will know more about what went on inside the temple when the smoke clears. There is at least one report that suggests this may turn out to be quite significant.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/as...nd-1977647.html

I have no way of knowing whether this is true, but the story is going to have plenty of resonance in Baan Nok, especially when the wounded and the bodies are returned to the NE.

Interesting article, thank you. No doubt stories like these will spread like wildfire in the North and North East.

Feel better? The insurance policy will not cover riot or civil disturbance...it's the share holders and the battling stall holders ( you know, the fabously wealthy mobile phone sellers etc) and the customers who will pay.

If you expect to see internationally recognised standards of fire protection in a Thai building you have definately forgotten your medicine!

They've had 4 years to plan....not a bad job of it really!

According to Thai TV the insurance policy is underwritten in London. It will be placed by one of the major brokers and the wording will probably be tailor-made. Whether it is a direct placement in London or a reinsurance placement. It is possible that fire as a result of terrorism may be covered but strictly defined and likely that riots and civil commotion will be covered. Arson per se is generally not excluded. The war exclusion clause may also have to be closely examined.

Loss of profits / Business Interruption should also be covered.

This is of course speculation and without seeing the policy wording it's impossible to say what is covered and what is not.

Many of the occupants will also have their own insurance which may or may not pay.

I'm lost for words too.

lunatic.png

Red-Shirts-Bangkok14.jpg

I think it is. He was also on a BBC News video about the Red Shirts a few weeks ago, but having a 'mare trying to find it.

I dont think the reporter that was shot in the ass by soldiers whilst inside the temple would agree with some of the comments made here. He's not to happy about it on Twitter & has refused the offer from a government official - made on behalf of the King - to pay for his hospital treatment on the grounds that it was the Thai Army that shot him.

Well, duh!

Of course burning the place down was part of the plan, that's why they camped there.

"Say, nice buildings you have here, would be a shame if something would happen to them."

The videos have been shown over and over again, there's nothing to speculate about it, it was "do as we say or we torch the city.... oh yes, Peaceful protesters, not terrorists!TM"

Let me clear this up for you as a holder of both Australian and New Zealand passports. This guy is from England.

I dont think the reporter that was shot in the ass by soldiers whilst inside the temple would agree with some of the comments made here. He's not to happy about it on Twitter & has refused the offer from a government official - made on behalf of the King - to pay for his hospital treatment on the grounds that it was the Thai Army that shot him.

So, he's now got several ass holes? His attitude seems to be very holier than thou! :)

My question is what was he doing to cause a soldier? to shoot him?

Of course many many working class Thais will be out of a job because of the torching of Central World.

You make it sound as if Central World was a workers' paradise.

I doubt there will be nary a tear shed by the toilet cleaners, floor sweepers and security guards that had obscene wealth and snobbery rammed down their throats on a daily basis.

I think your mind may be working in reverse.