More Octane, We Need It

HDRIDER

Ive never understood the terminology of benzene out here, back home in Aus I used to run a 20% benzene/unleaded mix to up the octane for my supercharged commodore........... Ive a sneaky suspicion benzene here aint the same as back home (i used to buy benzene in 20lt drums).

If you are looking for 95 benzine then Susco have it, just before the Phuket airport turnoff . Long way to drive for it, but what else can you do ... :)

Interesting piece of information, thanks for sharing. I thought all distributors have stopped selling non-gasohol 95.

If you are looking for 95 benzine then Susco have it, just before the Phuket airport turnoff . Long way to drive for it, but what else can you do ... :)

Interesting piece of information, thanks for sharing. I thought all distributors have stopped selling non-gasohol 95.

Wouldnt trust the quality/blend of Susco, and rather boost 91 from trusted sources.

Hi

They got 3 types, Quantum octane booster, turbo 108 octane booster, can’t remember the last, price from 230B to 750B 1 bottle is for ca 55L petrol, bought 2 different bottles now we will see if its works

I think the bottle of Octane Boost should be ok, unless they are asking a ridiculous price for it. You should notice a slight difference in the smell of your engine's emissions.

COCKPIT Phuket town sells TOTAL Octane boost.... or both big SHELL garages

sell 95 octane gasoline...

COCKPIT Phuket town sells TOTAL Octane boost.... or both big SHELL garages sell 95 octane gasoline...
Are you sure about Shell? I thought they only sold gasohol?

I believe Shell has dropped pure petrol, and sells VPower 95 as a 6% ethanol mix. Better than gasohol 10%, but could damage some fuelsystems.

Just checked the Shell Thailand website.

They have besides several other fuels:

V-Power, which is gasoline, but I don't think sold on Phuket,

Gasohol 95 and

V-Power gasohol 95, with 10% ethanol.

Just checked the Shell Thailand website.

They have besides several other fuels:

V-Power, which is gasoline, but I don't think sold on Phuket,

Gasohol 95 and

V-Power gasohol 95, with 10% ethanol.

UP UNTILL RECENTLY SHELL WERE DEFINATLY SELLING 95 PETROL SAME AS 4 STAR UK.MOST OF THE SUPER CAR DRIVERS IN PHUKET USE IT ,IT IS OVER 49 BHT A LITR....IF THEY HAVE IT IN STOCK YOU WILL SEE IT PRICED UP.. THE SHELL BY HONDA USUALLY HAS IT.....

UP UNTILL RECENTLY SHELL WERE DEFINATLY SELLING 95 PETROL SAME AS 4 STAR UK.MOST OF THE SUPER CAR DRIVERS IN PHUKET USE IT ,IT IS OVER 49 BHT A LITR....IF THEY HAVE IT IN STOCK YOU WILL SEE IT PRICED UP.. THE SHELL BY HONDA USUALLY HAS IT.....

Nope .... the Shell stations that sold 95 petrol stopped selling it about 2+ months ago. I have checked every Shell station on Phuket Island and none sell it anymore. Esso & Caltex don't sell it, the only place that does is Susco (for about 43 Baht/liter)who only have the one station just before the airport turnoff. Although I believe that the airport PTT does sell it in 50Litre drums for something like 100 baht/liter.

As we keep saying.. Thats not true any more..

Also its interesting to note, that when people say how cheap Thai petrol is, its not a like for like comparison.. Comparing 91 and el cheapo fuels against 95 or 98 as supplied in the west doesnt do an apples to apples.. To get a 95 (according to the above) was a GBP per liter, with 95 only costing a little more than that in the UK.

Nope .... the Shell stations that sold 95 petrol stopped selling it about 2+ months ago. I have checked every Shell station on Phuket Island and none sell it anymore. Esso & Caltex don't sell it, the only place that does is Susco (for about 43 Baht/liter)who only have the one station just before the airport turnoff. Although I believe that the airport PTT does sell it in 50Litre drums for something like 100 baht/liter.

They sell 100 ron for 65 baht per litre at PTT airport but there is 2 catches, it's leaded fuel and it's only available in 200 litre drums (44 gal drum)

Remove your catalytic converters and your good to go.

They sell 100 ron for 65 baht per litre at PTT airport but there is 2 catches, it's leaded fuel and it's only available in 200 litre drums (44 gal drum)

Remove your catalytic converters and your good to go.

most modern cars wont go anywhere without cat and O2 sensor. ECU shuts engine off, to comply with most contries emission laws

Most modern cars wont go anywhere without cat and O2 sensor. ECU shuts engine off, to comply with most contries emission laws

a rather cheap and small electronic gadget can trick any ECU if one doesn't have the means to change the ECU software. having been an automotive criminal in my former life in my highly regulated home country Germany i used to flip two simple switches to trick the ECU into thinking my CAT was working properly but gaining 36hp (measured at the rear axle). needless to say that it had nothing to do with leaded fuel because that would have destroyed the CAT and cause the (then) annual emission inspection to fail.

most modern cars wont go anywhere without cat and O2 sensor. ECU shuts engine off, to comply with most contries emission laws

The only reason to remove the cat is because the lead gums it up and the car will throw a cel code, disabling it.

Any half decent exhaust shop in Thailand can make a cat delete pipe in a day, it's just a straight pipe with a flange at each end and bung for the o2 sensor and it's good with no ill affects.

There are no emissions here so we are free to do whatever

This is what lots of guys running the supercars use to get around the crappy fuel in Thailand.

a rather cheap and small electronic gadget can trick any ECU if one doesn't have the means to change the ECU software. having been an automotive criminal in my former life in my highly regulated home country Germany i used to flip two simple switches to trick the ECU into thinking my CAT was working properly but gaining 36hp (measured at the rear axle). needless to say that it had nothing to do with leaded fuel because that would have destroyed the CAT and cause the (then) annual emission inspection to fail.

agree, done it myself too, but thats a bit more complicated than just removing the cat. know how and parts are needed.

and car wont pass Euro III emission tests any more, in LOS annual after car is 6 years old, still not frequent on road blocks for petrol cars, only diesel vehicles.

most cars in LOS needing 95 non gasohol are pre 2007

for bikes without cats needing 95 non gasohol, 100ron leaded blended with 50-60% 91 unleaded non gasohol, required 95 non gasohol is achieved at an acceptable price, and the engine valves love lubrication from lead :)

still more practical to boost 91 non gasohol though

and car wont pass Euro III emission tests any more, in LOS annual after car is 6 years old,

They dont do Euro III on the annual spec tests.. Only for new registrations IIRC.

My cars and bikes would never pass euro III (old carb bikes) but they have no problem with the current emmisions regs, and thats without the whole 'just bribe them' issue..

and car wont pass Euro III emission tests any more, in LOS annual after car is 6 years old,

They dont do Euro III on the annual spec tests.. Only for new registrations IIRC.

My cars and bikes would never pass euro III (old carb bikes) but they have no problem with the current emmisions regs, and thats without the whole 'just bribe them' issue..

they do Euro III on every tabien leck car/truck registered as new after 2005. roadblocks, annual inspection next year, and on occasions inspection for transfer ownership. done in 10 seconds for petrol and 30 seconds for diesel.

bikes are coming. going to inspect/transfer ownership on an 8 months old 2010 Ninja 650r without cat next week. Hope I dont need to go home to install cat :)

OK perhaps on new vehicles.. My old carb bikes sail through the annual check.. and no way would they pass euro III.

I didnt see them change the machine calibrations / settings between my old bikes and any new cars.. Seemed to a casual observer as tho same testing was applied.

OK perhaps on new vehicles.. My old carb bikes sail through the annual check.. and no way would they pass euro III.

I didnt see them change the machine calibrations / settings between my old bikes and any new cars.. Seemed to a casual observer as tho same testing was applied.

No need to change settings, just read amount of CO2 and NOX (and for diesel ppm). The new LOS ecocars (so far only Nissan March on sale) is CO2 less than 120 g/km to pass. thats almost fresh air :)

old cars and bikes, old emission requierements. Cars/tabien leck trucks since 2005 is EuroIII, and will be Euro IV after january 2012. New bikes are the most stringent emissionrequierements in the world.