Interpol to track Thaksin: Thai Foreign Ministry

webfact

Two questions.

If he's banned from entering, say, France and the UK, would that also mean he's banned from using their airspace?

With regards to extradition, it is possible that this Geff Savage guy is being set up as a pawn.

1. Savage gets the death sentence.

2. The UK won't allow that and will protest.

3. Thailand reiterates its demand to have Thaksin extradited.

4. The UK pressures Montenegro into handing over Thaksin

5. A swap gets made: The UK gets Savage; Thailand gets Thaksin.

Seems unlikely though since it's hard to see why Thailand would want Thaksin back.

Sorry, I don't think so. You are putting far too much value on that savage fools life. :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Thaksin actually stands trial, it seems to me that it should be in the Hague.

Let's be reasonable and stop putting Thaksin at the same level of Milosevic or a Nazi, but if the Thaksin would face trial at the Hague, the Thai Govt would have a hard time to prove its case.

When Thaksin or his mates were in power, they did not use the army to disperse the PAD, even when they took over the airports [act which falls into the terrorism].

This Govt/PAD DID use the lethal force and the burning of some buildings is was a "natural" consequence.

Thaksin did not call the PAD terrorists, while this Govt is cracking down everyone with some links to the reds, calling them terrorist

The list goes a long way....and we are talking of facts!

Dude, I don't know where to start saying how wrong you are. Your words above remind me of the fact that after all the wrong doings by the red mob, there are still people that want to excuse the acts of terror they committed. I mean, come on, justify the burning and looting of BKK malls as a natural consequence....

It seems to me that you, and other brainwashed redshirt apologists need some serious debriefing....

Edited by hegenious

I bet that extradition to TH will cause much more troubles than keeping him away of this country.

If he is jailed WITHIN Thailand - we'll see the "Red riots part 2", as he will become a mortyr to'em. And it will be MUCH huger than Ratprasong.

Better keep him away of TH borders. Or..emmm...it is a long story and long way to go to TH, may some very private road accidents occurs somewhere far in Montenegro, or something.... You know, there are LOTS of accidents... :)

But bringing him back to TH will be a total mistake IMO.

Alex, I believe you are right. We do not want that evil pie faced dictator anywhere near Thailand. I say boot him out forever and let him serve his penance knowing he is a total AS*HOLE and that everyone except the most ignorant money hungry misguided red shirts hate his guts. As far as I am concerned, he can freeze dry on some unexplored trails in the hills of Montenegro.... NO DECENT PERSON CARES ONE BIT ABOUT THAKSIN. Without his money he is no better than pond scum.

Edited by Blackmirage

Thaksin Shinawatra is an example of a pathological liar. He is a horrible role model. I mean has he ever told the truth in his life? He is the definition of evil, unsavory and just plain deceitful and greedy. When the world figures this out, which it will, the only place he will be welcome is some asteroid hurtling toward the sun.

With respect, I nowadays take everything that's said on Thai TV channels with a huge grain of salt! These are government-controlled channels. They have to follow the government line.

Nowadays? Are you saying that there was a time when these channels weren't government controlled? When would that have been?

Thaksin Shinawatra is an example of a pathological liar. He is a horrible role model. I mean has he ever told the truth in his life? He is the definition of evil, unsavory and just plain deceitful and greedy. When the world figures this out, which it will, the only place he will be welcome is some asteroid hurtling toward the sun.

The world already knows that and doesn't care particularly much. I think the world thinks most if not all leaders of developing countries are more or less the same. When his money starts running low so will the global welcomes.

Are there any countries who even care what the heck the Thai gov't 'wants?'

:)

The US. Long term allies, biggest trading partner, the only quasi democracy in the region. Thais catch some big terrorists and have been good at intercepting illegal arms shipments, including those from North Korea.

He is charged with terrorism.

And he is charged with it partly for video link speachs he made publicly to several rallies.

But the important point is he ALSO did this from at least Dubai and likely other countries.

Did he make contact from France and Montenegro via tweets and international communications channels?

Yes.

Can't imagine France was happy with him contacting his bully boys while they caused a riot

and burned the city... Telecom records will tel the tale.

In other words he HAS used other countries as a base to create,

aide and abet a terrorist enterprise from outside the country.

And not just for things done/said during the Emergency Law being in effect,

the whole set up of the 'enterprise' would be considered.

This is an international incident, not just an internal Thailand legal incident.

So maybe it is not possible to extradite him in say 5-10 years,

he will be severely limited in his movements, and business opportunities,

because he is KNOWN AS A WANTED TERRORIST.

If he steps foot in a compliant country wanting to be seen doing the right thing,

then he could find a long sojourn in a cell or limited movement, controlled

and monitored housing situation, awaiting extradition

And what nations except for a few rogues,

want to be KNOWN by other nations for freely

HARBORING a KNOWN and WANTED TERRORIST?

Edited by animatic

And he is charged with it partly for video link speachs he made publicly to several rallies.

But the important point is he ALSO did this from at least Dubai and likely other countries.

Did he make contact from France and Montenegro via tweets and international communications channels?

Yes.

Can't imagine France was happy with him contacting his bully boys while they caused a riot

This is an international incident, not just an internal Thailand legal incident.

If he steps foot in a compliant country wanting to be seen doing the right thing,

There is one thing I don't understand. Thaksin has now a double nationality. All his actions were against Thailand. The Thai governement has the international right to revoke his Thai nationality, to confisc all his assets in Thailand and let him die quietly in the Black hills or on the beach of Fidji or underground in Uganda. Correct me please.

Yes.

fully agree your points.

yet it is just the day 2 of this 'about-to-matured' terrorist charge ! first, it takes time for international recognition and alignment. second, there are certainly counter forces from Mr T's legal idi_ts.

today, Phichit Chuenban, in Thialnd

very soon, Robert Amsterdam, on international stage

there still development until this becomes a solid charge and 'actionable' from most countries !

the anti-Socrates

The US. Long term allies, biggest trading partner, the only quasi democracy in the region. Thais catch some big terrorists and have been good at intercepting illegal arms shipments, including those from North Korea.

And have they done anything to aid in Thaksin's imagined imminent capture?

:D

Yes.

fully agree your points.

yet it is just the day 2 of this 'about-to-matured' terrorist charge ! first, it takes time for international recognition and alignment. second, there are certainly counter forces from Mr T's legal idi_ts.

there still development until this becomes a solid charge and 'actionable' from most countries !

I think we need to look at the difference of an "accused terrorist" and a "convicted terrorist". Barely any country in the world will take an extradition request serious unless the person has been convicted.

And have they done anything to aid in Thaksin's imagined imminent capture?

:D

Victor Bout is available for trade.

The bigger question is if the Thai government actually wants him deported to Thailand or only wants to pretend that it does.

fully agree your points.

I think we need to look at the difference of an "accused terrorist" and a "convicted terrorist". Barely any country in the world will take an extradition request serious unless the person has been convicted.

exactly the point ! at this moment of time, it is just a WARRANT to hunt this terrorist ! yet this warrant can only constrain Mr T's freedom of move, not else yet.

hold the champagne for a while, keep it chill !

You're being SILLY now.

Extradition is the official process whereby one nation or state surrenders a suspected or convicted criminal.
Wiki

Thaksin in Thailand . . . . is there a detention facility that could hold him? The Thai authorities had some trouble getting their soldiers and police on the ground to function coherently. What would stop a red shirt mob from rushing a prison or court house and freeing Thaksin? Rioters were able to overtake armored vehicles with rocks in the BKK riots. Thaksin loose in Thailand would be even worse than what there is now.

IMO it's kind of like when my less than brilliant cousin blurted out at a family meeting on how we need to get a certain local model/actress to do a few print ads for us, nevermind that we only do marketing in relatively narrow spectrum trade publications. Yes, it's acknowledged that this kid is a "family member" (kind of like the Thai government is "legitimate"), but it's foregone that we're not really going to give any weight to his ideas.

Yes.

There is one thing I don't understand. Thaksin has now a double nationality. All his actions were against Thailand. The Thai governement has the international right to revoke his Thai nationality, to confisc all his assets in Thailand and let him die quietly in the Black hills or on the beach of Fidji or underground in Uganda. Correct me please.

Yes true.

But it is international conspiracy to terrorism, cross border is different,

they no doubt have his fingerprints, and many many pictures and likely DNA on file here.

Bin Laden never set foot in USA but they want him anywhere that can get him.

They can prove who Thaksin is to any country's satisfaction.

He's the former PM, a known personage.

Of course he may need to do the plastic sururgy bit and go undergraound,

but always a paper trail, Follow The Money.

if his ego was OK to die quietly sometime in the future,

we wouldn't be in this mess now.... The man is seriously afraid of the void...

Isn't the title of this thread a bit misleading? There is nothing in the news report where it said that Interpol would track Thaksin.

yes, but be lenient. it gives some people the hope that Thaksin will be brought back. yearn for Thaksin is all what they have and keeps their forum existence busy.

You're being SILLY now.

Extradition is the official process whereby one nation or state surrenders a suspected or convicted criminal.
Wiki

So what's the reason why no country is extraditing him?

Isn't the title of this thread a bit misleading? There is nothing in the news report where it said that Interpol would track Thaksin.

yes, but be lenient. it gives some people the hope that Thaksin will be brought back. yearn for Thaksin is all what they have and keeps their forum existence busy.

There's no way in hel_l interpol is going to get involved in this domestic political dispute. In any case, why would they "track" someone who makes no efforts to hide his movements? Very misleading thread title.

You're being SILLY now.

Wiki

So what's the reason why no country is extraditing him?

There has to be an extradition treaty for a start and the courts would also have to be convinced that the suspect would receive a fair trial. There's no chance any country is going to extradite Thaksin.

There's no way in hel_l interpol is going to get involved in this domestic political dispute. In any case, why would they "track" someone who makes no efforts to hide his movements? Very misleading thread title.

of course, everybody with some brain knows that and it wasn't the first time that the government came up with such statements. enjoy the entertainment it provides and watch the usual suspects and Thaksin fans getting wet and all excited about it.

look at this thread:

Interpol Asked To Help Find Thaksin, THAKSIN, WHERE ARE YOU?

its from May 22, 2009 and even back then it was only good for a laugh.

They will never get all his money, I'd be pretty sure a lot of is held in accounts round the world where the Thai government or anyone else for that matter can't touch it, even if in prison unless he is totally isolated by people who cannot be bribed he will still be able to fund his terror campain in Thailand.............evil evil man

I think the 'terrorism' warrant gives Thailand much more power to investigate financial links and overseas account holdings. I recall reading that the US has gained access to Swiss, Cayman Islands, Singapore accounts etc in it's investigations into terrorist funding.

These banks would not previously release details of their account holders.

If this is so it should be easy to track the trail of Thaksin's money and maybe go after some of his overseas assets !

If this happens I believe the gloves will be really off and Thaksin will stoop to new lows to tear Thailand apart !

I hope Interpol can do a better job that Thai police or Thai snipers.

Interpol has no legal powers of arrest or extradition in any country. It's simply another big talking shop. Treaties of extradition are agreements between specific countries. 'Interpol tracking Thaksin' is just more flimflam.