Translation Of Docs For Thai Court

hullmonkey1

I got my docs done with an official stamp, for my settlement visa done for 20baht each, it seems that your lawyer is out to make some money, Take a look around ,and ask if they can be translated else where ,

It’s been a few years since I had it done but it can work out expensive. I recall it cost me about 1,000 a page.

In my experience It’s not just a case of just having them translated. They had to be translated by a qualified legal translator, then sent to my home country to be legalized by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, then authenticated by the Thai consulate.

Check to see what the court requires and if the lawyers fee includes legalization.

I got my docs done with an official stamp, for my settlement visa done for 20baht each, it seems that your lawyer is out to make some money, Take a look around ,and ask if they can be translated else where ,

May be need a new lawyer too

Perhaps four years ago I had to get something similar done.

I found a small outfit on Wireless Road, sorry I can't recall thei name and I cannot find their card. Their charges were extremely reasonable, they knew what the requirements were for various govt. depts / corcumstances etc., and they did all the work to get the documents stamped at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affiars etc., and all quite fast. I can't remember actual cost but it was way lower than 1,000Baht per page.

Location as follows:

- Start at the American Embassy buildings (the old building on the opposite side of the road from Lumpini park)

- Walk past the next high rise moder office tower (used to be called Diethem Tower)

- Now you'll be in front of an old set of shophouses, some with small restaurants insid and lots of chaoitic street vendors on the footpath

- Keep walking to the last door at the end of the row of shophouses, ignore the touts outside

- Go upstairs and then walk to the very end of the corridor and it's the office on the right hand side. Again ignore any touts in the corridor.

- The office is not swish but they are very professional.

- If they are still there (it's 4 years or so since I used them) they are worth a try.

Good luck.

3 baht a word is the going rate for a professional translation.

You can probably get it done cheaper if you aren't real concerned about getting the nuances of the document exactly correct.