Upmarket Hotels In Pattaya?

Merlin

Hi all,

a friend emailed me - his boss is having a competition amongst the sales staff and the prize will be a week in Pattaya. He wants a list of all the upmarket hotels in the area, to choose from.

Off the top of my head, I can think of:

Marriott

Royal Cliff

Hard Rock

Dusit Resort

any others?

Thanks in advance for any tips:)

Marriott

Royal Cliff

Hard Rock

Dusit Resort

Amari

Sheraton Pattaya resort

Ambassador City Jomtien

Siam Bayview

Siam Bayshore

Montien Pattaya hotel

Asia Pattaya hotel

Nova Lodge hotel

Ocean Marine yacht club

Horseshoe point resort and country club

Sugar hut

• 2 years later...
Hi all,

a friend emailed me - his boss is having a competition amongst the sales staff and the prize will be a week in Pattaya. He wants a list of all the upmarket hotels in the area, to choose from.

Marriott

Royal Cliff

Hard Rock

Dusit Resort

I, too, am looking for an upmarket hotel for 7 for a 3-day business meeting in 2 weeks. The boss said to splurge, so (within reason) price is not a big factor, up to about 4500-5000/night. Expense account, woo-hoo!! :o

I want a quiet place with a great pool, safe, but near enough to walk to the nightlife and good restaurants. It shd also be "friend-friendly".

My travel agent recommends the Marriott, but I doubt the 3 guys from Japan will appreciate Benihana's. Otherwise it sounds nice.

From their web site, Siam Bayshore Resort looks the best, but the rate I was quoted (B2800 deluxe) sounds too good to be true, and I wonder if the location at the south end of walking road is bad, have heard this is where the katoeys hang out. Travel agent a "twin room upgrade" is 50 baht more but their web site says there is a $40 charge. Is that if they nail you in the lobby?

I stayed at the Amari Orchid last December, which was okay, but I didnt see any "lush gardens"; my deluxe room overlooked the big concrete slab with a few potted plants covering the whole grounds with an average pool (not great) at the far end, and construction of a high-rise tower on the property all day. And it's a dead neighborhood... I think.

Hard Rock is definitely out; we have to stay there every year in Las Vegas, and the grotty clientele and constant old-fart rock makes me want to run screaming to the nearest Mozart concert.

Heard the Sheraton is nice - does it go by another name?

Thanks!

John

Cabbages and Condoms! It's perfect and money spent there makes Thailand a better place.

www.cabbagesandcondoms.co.th

Hi all,

Marriott

Royal Cliff

Hard Rock

Dusit Resort

I, too, am looking for an upmarket hotel for 7 for a 3-day business meeting in 2 weeks. The boss said to splurge, so (within reason) price is not a big factor, up to about 4500-5000/night. Expense account, woo-hoo!! :o

I want a quiet place with a great pool, safe, but near enough to walk to the nightlife and good restaurants. It shd also be "friend-friendly".

My travel agent recommends the Marriott, but I doubt the 3 guys from Japan will appreciate Benihana's. Otherwise it sounds nice.

From their web site, Siam Bayshore Resort looks the best, but the rate I was quoted (B2800 deluxe) sounds too good to be true, and I wonder if the location at the south end of walking road is bad, have heard this is where the katoeys hang out. Travel agent a "twin room upgrade" is 50 baht more but their web site says there is a $40 charge. Is that if they nail you in the lobby?

I stayed at the Amari Orchid last December, which was okay, but I didnt see any "lush gardens"; my deluxe room overlooked the big concrete slab with a few potted plants covering the whole grounds with an average pool (not great) at the far end, and construction of a high-rise tower on the property all day. And it's a dead neighborhood... I think.

Hard Rock is definitely out; we have to stay there every year in Las Vegas, and the grotty clientele and constant old-fart rock makes me want to run screaming to the nearest Mozart concert.

Heard the Sheraton is nice - does it go by another name?

Thanks!

John

The only decent hotel in Pattaya close to all ammenities & attractions is Marriot.Cabbages is very nice but to out the way.The others on the list are not up to much.Marriot maybe a little pricier than 5,000 per night.

There is also the penthouse,Babylon suite !!!

EPG

I think the Sheraton is one of the nicest hotels in Pattaya, however not sure how "friend friendly" they are...though it being Pattaya, they should all be :o A bit out of the way, but marvelous landscaping, great rooms and typical 5-star service.

I would not put Ambassador in the 'upmarket section' (dirty and the worse possible location), also Montien not anymore.

For sure Sheraton is the number 1 to find in Pattaya. It stands out in every aspect (unfortunately also in price :o ).

Royal Cliff is good if you don't mind an overload of Russians

Mariott: good food, nice hotel but rooms need renovation (or was this already done recently?)

Dusit: IMHO was one of the best but has gotten competitors how give better value for money

Siam Bayview / Bayshore: the one at the end of Walking street = ok, the one near Pattaya Klang has nice garden, pool, location etc.

Hard Rock: perfect if you like that atmosphere

2 who weren't in the list yet but are very good hotels:

Mercure hotel: very nice hotel, location is not perfect yet, until next month when the new shopping mall will open, then you can walk right through that mall to end up in second road

Woodlands Resort, very nice rooms, nice atmosphere, nice garden, good location.

I would still say the best hotel in Pattaya is th,e Royal Wing at the Royal Cliff (Not the Grand, Beach, Terrace but the Wing). All suites, facilities only for guests staying at the royal wing. Jacuzzi in every room, Sea views all rooms.

Service is great - where else do they put a engraved name plate on your sun lounger so its yours the duration of your stay...dont need to get up to beat the germans and their towels :o

Usually around 8000 per night this time of year room only. occasionally promotions for 6500 including breakfast if staying 10 nights or more.

Edited by dekka007

I live in Pattaya now but have stayed in many of the hotels listed here. In my opinion for convenience the best upscale hotels are the Montien (next door to the Hard Rock) and the Siam Bayshore which is at the end of walking street (excellent parking if you have a car). There are no Ladyboys hanging out at that end of walking street and you can stunmble back to the hotel each night. Get a one bedroom suite for each person.

Thanks everyone! I decided to go ahead and book the Marriott. The grounds look beautiful (amazing how 360-degree views make a great sales tool), and I figure the location is central enough the guys can into as much trouble as they want (maybe more). The "upgrade to win" is 200 baht if you do it on check-in.

John

U have made a great choice with the Marriott. I am staying there for a month in the Summer and absolutely love this hotel. The pool, location, service, everything is top class!

Plus they have the most comfortable beds in the whole of Pattaya!

Hi all,

Marriott

Royal Cliff

Hard Rock

Dusit Resort

any others?

Thanks in advance for any tips:)

BANGKOK PATTAYA HOSPITAL...

It's always good to be told one has made the right decision (even when it's not true). :o

THe idea is that we rotate our Asia sales meeting around the region, although it's ended up in Bangkok twice - they were threatening to hold it in Beijing, so I promised them a great time by the ocean to dissuade them. It's good to know thery won;t be disappointed!

John