Forum Issues And Suggestions

sbk

Thanks George. Will give it a go. Now I only have to find the right cookies amoung the many in my browsers since I certainly don't want to delete all of my cookies.

But if it is a cookie issue then how come it affects all browsers? IE and Chrome use different cookie locations. Also it is the same situation on all 3 PCs I've tried.

opalhort

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is important security issues i can't go into great detail with.

In short:

This new software use another type of cookie, so some members could get problems like you.

And yes, if you use multiple browsers you need to re-login on all browsers, to get the new cookie.

From today the system will expire your cookie every 30 days, and that will require you to simply re-login every 30 days.

This is to protect your account and is standard on most websites that requires login.

Why is it each day when I go to view new content, its always defaulted to 40 pages? also in past (other layout) you had the option of viewing from this past day, week, month ect... I have noticed sometime that is available and sometimes it is not.

For those who dont browse everyday it a good option to keep on. Plus makes it much easier to go back on recent / historical threads...can you put it back please Mods.

Edited by TheAceFace

Why is it each day when I go to view new content, its always defaulted to 40 pages? also in past (other layout) you had the option of viewing from this past day, week, month ect... I have noticed sometime that is available and sometimes it is not.

For those who dont browse everyday it a good option to keep on. Plus makes it much easier to go back on recent / historical threads...can you put it back please Mods.

I have also noticed this lately. We will fix this asap.

Regarding log-out:

I have followed George's instructions as per post #414 and #416 on one PC.

I did delete cookies related to TV in IE6 and Chrome, shut down browsers and tried to log-in again. No luck. I remained on TV as a guest even after providing log-in info.

The only way I could get back in as a member was to use restore the old cookie from the recycle bin.

Did I do something wrong or is the new system not yet working for everybody?

opalhort

Regarding log-out:

I did delete cookies related to TV in IE6 and Chrome, shut down browsers and tried to log-in again. No luck. I remained on TV as a guest even after providing log-in info.

The only way I could get back in as a member was to use restore the old cookie from the recycle bin.

opalhort

Same problem here for the past 3 days.Every time I close my browser I will have to log in again.

Regarding log-out:

opalhort

Same problem here for the past 3 days.Every time I close my browser I will have to log in again.

SORRY can only POST as REPLY

New for last 2 days

I get a email XYZ has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled xyz..

Now gives you page 1 and 1st post of the Topic……. Click on last page takes you to page 2..

And so on takes forever to get to last page on a long post.

Still this business on many posts..

You cannot reply to this topic

You cannot start a new topic

[#103133] You do not have permission to reply to this topic.

THIS POST SHOWS THAT I AM THE ONLY MEMBER ONLINE ??? sorry do not believe that.

It say that on this post so all I can do is click on the Reply button ????????

MY Suggestions for today scrap this new layout it has been over a month of nothing but a pain and constant problems, we all just don't need all this every day, it would appear as soon as one item gets sorted and fixed 2 others appear

Now gives you page 1 and 1st post of the Topic……. Click on last page takes you to page 2..

You can click on the page number links (e.g. number 17 to get to this page), or click the down arrow to the right of the text saying "(17 Pages)", then type in the page number you want to skip to, then click "Go".

By the way, it definitely seems like some gremlins have crept into the system over the last few days. I'd never been forecfully logged out before (even when others were complaining about this happening), but now it happens several times a day, starting from a few days ago.

You can click on the page number links (e.g. number 17 to get to this page), or click the down arrow to the right of the text saying "(17 Pages)", then type in the page number you want to skip to, then click "Go".

By the way, it definitely seems like some gremlins have crept into the system over the last few days. I'd never been forecfully logged out before (even when others were complaining about this happening), but now it happens several times a day, starting from a few days ago.

Thanks that is a help.. had no idea there was a 'Jump to Page' before...

After signing-in this time on this post have again got I am the only user + member = 1, called Ignis. that is me :whistling: strange no other person on TV ??? + again it says 'You cannot reply to this topic' but as you see if I click on the 'reply' to the last post, I can reply..

Yes also for the past 3 days have been forecfully logged out, even if I only logged in a few moments before

Yes for me it also started about 3 days ago.

Today I did delete ALL cookies on one PC (XP, IE7), just in case I missed one TV cookie on the other PC.

Same thing! In fact can't log in at all. Provide all info and yet remain as guest (yes cookies are enabled!).

Once I restored the deleted cookies I could at least log in again but of course was kicked out once I closed the browser.

Something is obviously not yet working with the new cookie system.

opalhort

Yes for me it also started about 3 days ago.

Today I did delete ALL cookies on one PC (XP, IE7), just in case I missed one TV cookie on the other PC.

Same thing! In fact can't log in at all. Provide all info and yet remain as guest (yes cookies are enabled!).

Once I restored the deleted cookies I could at least log in again but of course was kicked out once I closed the browser.

Something is obviously not yet working with the new cookie system.

opalhort

I deleted all my thaivisa cookies,as someone recommended to me,and surprise I didn't even needed to log in.I clicked on the bookmark and was logged in automaticly.

Page number are funny again

I notice that pages 16 and 17 of this topic both start at post number 401!

Also I understood from previous posts the user login cookie should be valid for 30 days but I have to log in every day on each of my machines where as I never had to do this before

New Problem today ??

After I log in I always click on 'View New Contents'

How please to view ALL Contents now ?

all I get is

New content

There are 2 new entries since 3 minutes ago

Page 1 of 1

ForumsMembersCalendarDownloadsGalleryPages

(Mark all items as read)

Topic Forum Started By Stats Post Information

Thailand Live Tuesday 6 Jul 2010

News, Bits and Tweets Thailand News clippings webfact

8 Replies

A minute ago

By: webfact

Over 3,000 Thais Commit Suicide Each Year Thailand News clippings webfact

8 Replies

2 minutes ago

By: OzMick

Page 1 of 1

Have clicked on View New Contents for over an hour, so at least 20 times, often is says NO NEW ENTRIES ??

other times just 2 as above or 3.. What has happened ? or is this new ?

Just informing that the emoticons function isn't/wasn't working just now: they simply don't show:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__3721645

LaoPo

Emoticons still don't show. The space where they're shown is completely empty; is this a known problem?

Edit: they were there until 2 days ago.

LaoPo

Click on the smiley icon between the list and the link icons, below where you change font and size and they come. Don't ask me why but it works :) :jap:

Er... that's probably what the icon is for. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I'm having similar problems to other users..

ISSUE 1:

I have to log in each time I visit site, system seems to not remember me, on old system If I did'nt log out then next time I visited site no need to log in.

ISSUE 2: Whilst trying to view new content sometimes it works others it does not and says no new content to view even though I had just logged on to site.

SUGGESTION:..Can we have a VIEW TODAYS ACTIVE CONTENT on the top of the main page of the forum so we can view all the recent posts and topics at the click of a button or can the below be moved to the top of the page instead of having to scroll down to the bottom of the page..

"Today's active content" "The moderating team" "Today's top 20 posters" "Overall top posters"

ISSUE 3: Whilst viewing certain threads/topics whilst logged in I have noticed that on some topics/threads I can view content and also reply to them and am allowed to start a new thread/topic but on some of the threads/topics I can only view and reply but cannot start a new topic.

Edited by MB1

Why are the sequential numbers assigned to Posts being skipped in various threads? Are some Posts deleted, or is the numbering screwed up?

For example, the numbers skip from #5 to #22 in this thread.

http://www.thaivisa....ealth-officials

It would appear that the whole site is screwed up.. + it is not getting better..

Yesterday at 20:30 lpg in.. I am the only Member _ it says 2 users... The 'View New Content' worked and it showed that 33 people had posted within the past 4 mins... ERR ? only 1 User and they posted 33 times, NO all showed different user's posting that were not online ?? The email notification worked I had 12 everyone worked.. Just the whole site was soooooo slow every page on TV took 4 mins to open !! ? All other sites I visited opened fast so was a problem with TV.

This morning have 8 email notification ALL take you to 1st post on page 1 :realangry: I am again the only User + Member online now... ? 'View New Content' Not working yet again.. ? The drop down menu at the bottom to take you to post has vanished... So the whole site is screwed up ??

ISSUE:

There are multiple emails sent for one and the same post sometimes. When I check, I confirm that there is absolutely no difference whatsoever between the emails. Is this misuse or system problem?

I have also noticed this lately. We will fix this asap.

Any news on this George...still the same and it sucks

Many years ago I was working on an upgrade of a system with a group of sub-contractors from Logica. It took me about a month to realise that I was getting nowhere with them and that they were not doing the job I wanted them to do.

Although it cost my company about 25,000 GBP to scrap everything and start again, it was the best - and hardest - decision I ever made

Guys, guys you need to get this sorted if you want TV to still be an effective tool. Since you "upgraded" the site there are just so many problems. They have been reported, such as the need to log on every time etc, and the fact that posts are no longer sequential on each page - they are completely random...last posted 29 minutes ago is followed by last posted 4 minutes ago.

"It would appear that the whole site is screwed up.. + it is not getting better . . . Any news on this George...still the same and it sucks . . . you need to get this sorted if you want TV to still be an effective tool."

Unfortunately, it appears that they're no longer reading or responding to this thread.

"It would appear that the whole site is screwed up.. + it is not getting better . . . Any news on this George...still the same and it sucks . . . you need to get this sorted if you want TV to still be an effective tool."

Unfortunately, it appears that they're no longer reading or responding to this thread.

I'm going to second that, Admin start a thread and ask that problems are posted to that thread highlighting the ISSUES and to give suggestions to problems, the least they can do IMO is answer queries posted to the thread but seem to be reluctant to do so to many of the posts.

Thank You.

Edited by MB1

Reply to topic issue. (Minor issue)

I Just went to add a reply to a topic, and selected the "Add Reply" button at the bottom because I did not want to quote any previous posters. However I noticed that it defaulted to quoting a completely unrelated topic which I had reader earlier in the day but not replied to.

I closed my reply without proceeding and tried again. This time it was OK