Need Machine Shop

KRS1

Anyone know where there is a machine shop with metal stock on hand? I need to first find the aluminium plate then have someone mill it to spec, if the aluminium stock is already at the milling shop thats a bonus.

thanks!

Hangdong rd going south toward Hangdong, past Tesco on the left. They do pressure tanks, etc you might give them a try if the location is convenient. Never used them, just noted location for reference.

After suffering with substandard work at a couple of machine shops I now use the big automotive shop just off the moat on the road running to the ex surawong bookstore.

No CNC machines but quality work at a fair price - not the cheapest but you get what you pay for

After suffering with substandard work at a couple of machine shops I now use the big automotive shop just off the moat on the road running to the ex surawong bookstore.

No CNC machines but quality work at a fair price - not the cheapest but you get what you pay for

I'll second that HH, I had a cylinder liner pressed out and a new one pressed in after boring and all good. Have had regular cylinder rebores done there too. To expand on the directions, if it's the same place, then once you turn off the moat onto Suriwongse Rd, it's on the left about 100m down and has yellow railing/barriers out the front. There's a metal supplier opposite or nearly opposite too if my memory serves me well.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Edited by Pikey

I'll second that HH, I had a cylinder liner pressed out and a new one pressed in after boring and all good. Have had regular cylinder rebores done there too. To expand on the directions, if it's the same place, then once you turn off the moat onto Suriwongse Rd, it's on the left about 100m down and has yellow railing/barriers out the front. There's a metal supplier opposite or nearly opposite too if my memory serves me well.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Did you happen to notice if they had aluminium plate or band around 0.25 inch thick? A laser cutting or water jet shop could work to anyone see any around?

thanks

Unfortunately most of them can not even afford CNC. So, laser and water jet?

Labor is cheap compared to these investments in these new (for them ) technologies.

They need to think ahead and long term to see the benefits of the investment, something a local person is not trained for.

So if you find all this in one place, please let us know.

There is a very good machine shop across Tesco Lotus (Hang Dong). This one is on the left, if you come from Hang Dong. The one mentioned before is on the same side as Lotus. So if you come from town you have to pass Tesco Lotus, make a U-turn and than it is on your left about 40 meters before the traffic light. (in front of Tesco Lotus)

They are very good on the "old" machines they have and the owner is a guy who can fix things.

CNC, laser and water jet: 18°4128.10 N, 99°0317.98 E.

They work very reliable, and at least the owner's son speaks English.

Sorry, I have neither phone nor address. But you can copy the coordinates, and paste them directly into the "Fly to"-cell in Google Earth. It's the large white building.

Edited by rebo

No idea on these GPS coordinates but I use a water jet shop that also has a large stock of specialty steels and alloys. Cross Natharwat bridge, heading to the train station, left at the first light, and down about 500m on the left to the water jet shop. The office however is across the street inside the steel shop. You will see a large standard Thai steel shop and cannot miss it.

Nice guy. limited English but no problem to get the idea across.

Fair price and very fast service.

he has CAD capabilities or can scan a design or copy something. I use him all the time for small specialty jobs and no problem with small runs or one of's

No idea on these GPS coordinates but I use a water jet shop that also has a large stock of specialty steels and alloys. Cross Natharwat bridge, heading to the train station, left at the first light, and down about 500m on the left to the water jet shop. The office however is across the street inside the steel shop. You will see a large standard Thai steel shop and cannot miss it.

he has CAD capabilities or can scan a design or copy something. I use him all the time for small specialty jobs and no problem with small runs or one of's

Hog Head, does this guy also have CNC?

Great ! Does he charge a setup fee for the dimensions to be setup in CAD and would you know his maximum thickness capabilities?

Thanks for all the great answers from everyone.

Edited by KRS1

No CNC at this shop and I too would like to find a CNC shop with lathe, mill and bender. Please advise if you find a good one that will do small jobs. Right now I need a precision bender for some .095 wall 1" 4340 tube.

The water jet shop has cut 1.5mm steel and aluminium for me and I have seen some 50 mm steel plate that he has cut. Do not know his max thickness but have seen him working on plastic, granite, and all types of metals

Not sure how he charges and I have taken him CAD drawings, hand drawings, and things to copy. Cost is always a lump sum and I have never asked for a breakdown. In any case it is not expensive considering the investment in the machine.

He keeps the design so next time it is easy and presumably cheaper.

What are you making?

No CNC at this shop and I too would like to find a CNC shop with lathe, mill and bender. Please advise if you find a good one that will do small jobs. Right now I need a precision bender for some .095 wall 1" 4340 tube.

The water jet shop has cut 1.5mm steel and aluminium for me and I have seen some 50 mm steel plate that he has cut. Do not know his max thickness but have seen him working on plastic, granite, and all types of metals

Not sure how he charges and I have taken him CAD drawings, hand drawings, and things to copy. Cost is always a lump sum and I have never asked for a breakdown. In any case it is not expensive considering the investment in the machine.

What are you making?

Rearset adaptors and a multishot compound crossbow to shoot 50 cal ball bearings. Yes im bored.

What are you making?

I've got two things that I need done. One is a small aluminum bracket to mount crash bobbins on my moto. This is what I need CNC'ing.

The other project is a serious Texas-style smoking pit and for this I need some cutting and welding.

A couple of other questions if anyone knows. How does the price of steel here compare to that in the US? I'm looking for 6mm steel plate and 6mm pipe 610mm diameter.

Also, does anyone know where I can find an EXPERT welder? Most of the welding I've seen in Thailand is pathetic even at some of the shops that claim to do it well.

The water jet shop has 6mm steel plate. I have 3/4 sheet of 5mm A-36 plate that is surplus to my needs and I will give you a deal on it if it works for you

Price here is about the same as in Canada

Don't know where to buy large pipe and if only a small amount you may be able to get Daeng to roll it.

Most local shops use crappy AC welders and it looks like bird shit. Daeng has a Miller MIG and quality is not bad.

He speaks English 081 950 8622

Sounds like you need MIG or good stick welding, but I use a small local guy for TIG work that is not perfect but pretty good.

For expert welding work, Jeff Walker in Lamphum is one of the best I have seen 089 634 7878.

He also has a CNC lathe and mill but a production shop so small one of's are not his thing. He will know where to buy the pipe

Thanks to my Brother, I have Solid Works as well but unfortunately no idea how to use it.

The water jet shop has 6mm steel plate. I have 3/4 sheet of 5mm A-36 plate that is surplus to my needs and I will give you a deal on it if it works for you

Don't know where to buy large pipe and if only a small amount you may be able to get Daeng to roll it.

Most local shops use crappy AC welders and it looks like bird shit. Daeng has a Miller MIG and quality is not bad.

Sounds like you need MIG or good stick welding, but I use a small local guy for TIG work that is not perfect but pretty good.

For expert welding work, Jeff Walker in Lamphum is one of the best I have seen 089 634 7878.

He also has a CNC lathe and mill but a production shop so small one of's are not his thing. He will know where to buy the pipe

Thanks to my Brother, I have Solid Works as well but unfortunately no idea how to use it.

Thanks HH, great info. I will PM you about the 5mm sheet.

Thanks HH, great info. I will PM you about the 5mm sheet.

theres a tubing shop at thh muangmuang/sripoom curve, lots of pipe...if they dont have it they'll know where to get it.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a machine shop contact in Bangkok?

I need two simple metal plates cut. I asked around on Worachak rd but no luck.

(yes, I realize that I'm posting in the Chiang Mai forum, just hoping you guys have connections down here too!)

Edited by robbyuom