Any Suggestions For Cheap Room Quiet End Of Jomptien Beach Rd?

thaibeachlovers

While at the Jomptien Immigration recently, I took the opportunity to check out the quiet end of Jomptien beach, and liked what I saw.

Does anyone know where I can find a room there that fills the following conditions?

Must:

be 5000 bht or less a month ( not including water, electric )

have fan, AC, cable tv, hotwater shower

have windows

in a quiet area

balcony big enough for the gas stove and drying laundry

ensuite bathroom

have off road parking area for the motorcycle ( preferably covered )

not more than 5 minute walk to the beach

within the baht bus circuit, but as far down Beach Rd as possible.

Other than being in Pattaya, and not having windows, my present room is pretty good, and wouldn't settle for less elsewhere, but Jomptien would be worth the move as long as get an equally good room.

However, most of the places that I saw along Beach Rd were either hotels/ resorts ( too expensive ) or on noisy sois.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Impossible Mission! Been there done that. Nothing available, and that was over 8 years ago! The best I could find was a room at Jomtien Beach Condo (between Soi 9 and Soi 11), for about 4500 baht/month. But prices have gone up since. What was available, was torn down for new condos, hotels, and resorts (which haven't been built yet). Your only chance would be with one of the old converted shop houses on one of the noisy Soi's. But there won't be any motorcycle parking area. There's a condo off Soi Wat Boon, behind Jomtien Beach Condo. At the time, no one lived there because it was referred to as the 'Ghost Condo' because several heart-broken puyings committed suicide by jumping off it. I see it's now being occupied. You might check there if you're not afraid of ghosts.

Used to be a nice little place called Siam Garden Court, at the dogleg of Soi Wat Boon, at the back and to one side of a row of shop houses, then unoccupied though old,near where Jomtien 2nd road might eventually end. Had a choice of room styles, a small pool, undercover bike spaces, and around 5000B/month. Bugger of a walk to Jomtien Beach Rd on a hot day to get a Song Teow. Good Luck.

:)

You might get a Condo room in Jomtien Beach Condominium for B6,000 a month .There is an office on the right hand side of the main entrance who do rentals .They have smallish balconies and dont allow bottled gas though .

Another cheaper Condo is Ankhet ( sp ?) on Soi Wat Boon Jomtien ,opposite the new Park Lane development .It was a run down place but has just been newly renovated .

^ I forgot about majestic .They are just past the Park Lane development ,set back from the main road ,behind a row of new shop houses .They do have good sized balconies and its a low rise 5 storey building .Its 800 meters from the beach and not on the baht bus route so you really need a motorbike .

Suan Sawarn, it's a bit off Beach Rd but I think they are going quite cheaply

:D I thought they are still building that development, slowly, sandcorn by sandcorn :)

Yeahh, still building and way far from the beach. Forget about baht buses, too. Staying at Majestic, at least you can get a motorbike taxi if you don't wanna walk the 6 or so minutes down to the beach road.

:D I thought they are still building that development, slowly, sandcorn by sandcorn :)

Yeahh, still building and way far from the beach. Forget about baht buses, too. Staying at Majestic, at least you can get a motorbike taxi if you don't wanna walk the 6 or so minutes down to the beach road.

I visited the sales room inside this condo last week - I was astonished to find that all the units have been SOLD !!! Nothing has been done to continue building and completing them and no immediate plans either...!!this has been the case for over 2 years...!!!

For clean new accommodation - try the COLD ROCK on Soi Chaiyapruc. its nearer the Shukamvit end so you can get a white Baht bus instead of a blue one...

:)

Your talking about the SS .Rentals will be advailable there in 2015 ( maybe ).You need to get your arm tatooed first though .

Sorry, I couldn't resist a bit of sarcasm :D

Edited by Rimmer