Nirum Condo - Why Are They So Expensive?

SirPaul

I have stayed in Nirum, no problem. Does not look good, but so long as you can respect others you will not have a problem.

But, the property prices keep going up there, even with the Bhat getting stronger. Why? The place is OK but it is OK for a certain price, why do people seem interested in paying a premium to own a place at nirum?

With the bhat so strong, I expect property prices in Pattaya to fall, am I wrong?

Nirun.

Yeah, people buying for girls, and others buying 1 or 2 together 'cheap' to renovate.

also, contrary to popular belief, the property market in thailand isn't all about exchange rates and foreigners, there's more thais buying property than all the foreigners combined.

and like any property that's not overpriced from the get go, the value will rise.

I thought Nirun had rock bottom prices from B300,000 up for a bare room ?.If the Condo is renovated and in the hight block at the back it will be much more .

The rooms in the high block in the back are much more because they are almost twice the size of the small rooms in the front buildings.

To the OP,what are the prices today for condo's in nirun? 2 years ago you could buy a 28sq.room for around 360,000 baht and a double for 700,000 baht,and at those prices they were cheap as chips.How much for them now i wonder?

I cant believe they got any higher than that .If anything they should be going down in price . :whistling:

To the OP,what are the prices today for condo's in nirun? 2 years ago you could buy a 28sq.room for around 360,000 baht and a double for 700,000 baht,and at those prices they were cheap as chips.How much for them now i wonder?

I cant believe they got any higher than that .If anything they should be going down in price . :whistling:

This can't be a longterm invest. Maintenance might be quite expensive. However it is good enough to save some money if you go out on a regular base in town and don't want to pay the guest house every time.

I thought Nirun had rock bottom prices from B300,000 up for a bare room ?.If the Condo is renovated and in the hight block at the back it will be much more .

When the price is at rock bottom there's only 1 way it can go - UP

incorrect ! they can remain flat ( as a pancake ) UP indeed ! :rolleyes: those days are over for quite some time

Edited by midas

I purchased one condo at Nirun 3 years ago at 350 and then got another at 380 last year, I looked for another this year but they wanted 400 for it, so it seems the OP is correct and the prices are creeping up which is a good thing.

Nirun seems like a decent place to live if your looking to stay on the cheap. Theres plenty of bars including a new complex just outside and the rent is reasonable.

Also I have a condo there currently to let if anyones interested PM me, cheap rent for long term.

Patrick

They did give the whole complex a fresh coat of paint about 2 years ago which makes it look much better .

Many balconies on the low rise have steel security bars ,so i assume theft must be a problem ?

No its Pattaya keeping abreast with the latest H&S regulations, stops the condo jumpers from harming themselves.

They did give the whole complex a fresh coat of paint about 2 years ago which makes it look much better .

Many balconies on the low rise have steel security bars ,so i assume theft must be a problem ?

Mine are on the second floor, I've never had any report of any being burgled. I'm sure it does happen though as it would anywhere and not specific to Nirun.

When the price is at rock bottom there's only 1 way it can go - UP

incorrect ! they can remain flat ( as a pancake ) UP indeed ! :rolleyes: those days are over for quite some time

apparently not in Nirun

I purchased one condo at Nirun 3 years ago at 350 and then got another at 380 last year, I looked for another this year but they wanted 400 for it, so it seems the OP is correct and the prices are creeping up which is a good thing.

Patrick

apparently not in Nirun

Patrick

If anything this post shows that prices there have stagnated - not increased. A person *asks* for 400 and Patrick considers it too expensive. Dont confuse the asking price with the final selling price. Someone asking for 400 does not mean every condo there will now sell for 400. Even if that were the case, it would mean whole 20,000 baht increase in a year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHA

36,5 m2 in Nirum 1.250.000 thb

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hik HAHAHAHAHAHA

Link here: High floor Studio for sale ... Fantastic ... CS3063

Did you see the link to photos included? It's a beautifully decorated condo, though I see trees outside the balcony so it can't be that high floor. 1.250.000 is a bit high but I would not be surprised if it would sell for 1.100.000. I recently sold a condo in the same building, very high floor but standard decorated, for just under a million so why not.

Did you see the link to photos included? It's a beautifully decorated condo, though I see trees outside the balcony so it can't be that high floor. 1.250.000 is a bit high but I would not be surprised if it would sell for 1.100.000. I recently sold a condo in the same building, very high floor but standard decorated, for just under a million so why not.

It's on floor 14, nicely decorated, so 1.25 is quite reasonable.

It's on floor 14, nicely decorated, so 1.25 is quite reasonable.

For the owner :D

apparently not in Nirun

Patrick

If anything this post shows that prices there have stagnated - not increased. A person *asks* for 400 and Patrick considers it too expensive. Dont confuse the asking price with the final selling price. Someone asking for 400 does not mean every condo there will now sell for 400. Even if that were the case, it would mean whole 20,000 baht increase in a year.

I dont think stagnated is the right term, I think I paid over the odds at 350 3 years ago. The one at 400 I got them down from 500, if I can get it for less than 400 then I'll take it. I don't believe its all doom and gloom, I never expected them to rocket in price. the plan has always been to build a portfolio of property to sustain me and the family over in pattaya. I'm not interested in selling my investments because the return wouldn't really be worth it.

I agree property prices have slowed right down, but this isnt just in Pattaya or Thailand. I purchsed a terrace property in Nottingham years ago for £55k it was valued at the time at £64k it rose within 2 years to £79k and now its valued at £65 ish.

I purchase a new build near Laem Chabang in 2009 for 1.8m baht the project is now completed and they are now selling for 2.2m baht. So on that basis I think property in Thailand is a better bet than the UK.

apparently not in Nirun

Patrick

I dont think stagnated is the right term, I think I paid over the odds at 350 3 years ago. The one at 400 I got them down from 500, if I can get it for less than 400 then I'll take it. I don't believe its all doom and gloom, I never expected them to rocket in price. the plan has always been to build a portfolio of property to sustain me and the family over in pattaya. I'm not interested in selling my investments because the return wouldn't really be worth it.

I agree property prices have slowed right down, but this isnt just in Pattaya or Thailand. I purchsed a terrace property in Nottingham years ago for £55k it was valued at the time at £64k it rose within 2 years to £79k and now its valued at £65 ish.

I purchase a new build near Laem Chabang in 2009 for 1.8m baht the project is now completed and they are now selling for 2.2m baht. So on that basis I think property in Thailand is a better bet than the UK.

>>Property in the UK is still increasing against a world trend because of the UKs overpopulation and still not enough housing to supply demand .

Property in Ireland is still sinking because of an estimated 300,000 empty houses and appartments in a country of 4 million .

Property Prices in Pattaya are sinking because of a strong baht and a glut of new property coming on to the market at the same time .

Edited by Thaifan2

>>Property in the UK is still increasing against a world trend because of the UKs overpopulation and still not enough housing to supply demand .

Property in Ireland is still sinking because of an estimated 300,000 empty houses and appartments in a country of 4 million .

Property Prices in Pattaya are sinking because of a strong baht and a glut of new property coming on to the market at the same time .

Completely agree with the reasons however I find that the UK housing market isn't really increasing to be fair. One month halifax state a 0.2% increase, next month its a drop then level, the prices are pretty much the same as last years and will be for a while yet.

Pattaya on the other hand we've seen an increase in prices, not huge or wide spread, Nirun prices are crawling up at a snails pace whilst outside of Pattaya is doing well. Our next buy ideally will be Sri ratcha.

Ireland is screwed due to the amount they borrowed. Along with the reasons you mentioned.

I dont think anyone is going to get rich over night with property anywhere in the world. But Pattaya still seems to be tempting for me at the moment, I'd be going full steam into it if the exchange rates were better.

^ >> But Pattaya still seems to be tempting for me at the moment <<

I hope you are right but i have a small Condo for sale in Jomtien in a good location at a cheap price with very few viewings over just a month now .I have also a condo for rent in Jomtien in a brand new complex over the same period with no takers as of yet .Its eary days though .

A 5.26% increase in 1 year. can't get that in a bank.

I dont think anyone is going to get rich over night with property anywhere in the world. But Pattaya still seems to be tempting for me at the moment, I'd be going full steam into it if the exchange rates were better.

Viet Nam, Ha Noi and HCMC especially prices are increasing hand over fist and there's buyers wanting more.

I hope you are right but i have a small Condo for sale in Jomtien in a good location at a cheap price with very few viewings over just a month now .I have also a condo for rent in Jomtien in a brand new complex over the same period with no takers as of yet .Its eary days though .

Is your place for rent in Park Lane ? If so how much per month for a minimum 6 month contract ? (I'm looking for somewhere starting end-July).

Simon

Is your place for rent in Park Lane ? If so how much per month for a minimum 6 month contract ? (I'm looking for somewhere starting end-July).

Simon

Yes ,its park lane .I am looking for B12,000 a month for 6 months or would reduce to B10,000 for a years contract .

It was sold to me fully furnished ,but i have added a few things like a microwave ,Oil paintings for the wall and extra storage and a high class fan ( it has one A/C unit already .PM me if you are interested .I have it listed with one agent ,who can show you the Condo .Will be staying myself down there towards the end of July for a week and could pass it on to you after my stay .