Roi-Et To Bangkok

repeter

Me and my Thai lady is going to Roi-Et province to meet her family . She just got a work here in Sweden and can only have 2 weeks free. I wont sit drunk on the veranda 2 weeks in a small village again.

After PB air closed, we have went by train to Surin and car from there to the village. I dont like thai bus. It is the same distans form the village to Roi-Et or Surin.

We will stay some days in a Roi-Et hotel wiht her kids before i go to a beach. Hua Hin, Pattaya or Koh Samet. So i´m looking for the best way to go to Bangkok from Roi-Et. Is there any vip buses?

Bus to Surin from Roi-Et and night train to Bangkok?

When I am in the village, i just sit under a tree with Chang or Samsung an let her visit her family. Not fun for me but I respect that, but not on just a 2 weeks trip. I want to go fishing and swimming and not just drinking so time go by. I dont speak thai.

repeter

You could fly to Khon Kaen on TG and arrange ground transportation from there; but you could also for the same 12,000 baht RT ticket price (2 PAX) or less hire a van WITH driver to take you from Suvarnabhumi to Roi-Et (LA) and stay for a few days in LA with the van at your disposal ( take the kids around ); then return to Suvarnabhumi.

You could fly to Khon Kaen on TG and arrange ground transportation from there; but you could also for the same 12,000 baht RT ticket price (2 PAX) or less hire a van WITH driver to take you from Suvarnabhumi to Roi-Et (LA) and stay for a few days in LA with the van at your disposal ( take the kids around ); then return to Suvarnabhumi.

If you want quick, NokAir have taken over the flights to Satuk(Buriram-BFV) details below....

My link

Thanks for reply.:)

We are going to Surin by train and short bus to Tha tom, then car to the small village.

The fligth from Buri Ram to BKK can be an option. I can not check their scedule for december. And bus from Roi-Et to Buri Ram airport? How many hours?

If i go to Khon Kean or Buriram it would be the same hours as with bus? Bus to the city, taxi to airport , and as i dont trust the thai busses i need to be in the airport long time before check in. And then a taxi from BKK airport to Ekkamai or Mo Chit

Is there any VIP bus from Roi-ET to Bangkok?

repeter

There is excellent NakhonChai Air VIP bus from MoChit to Khon Kaen -- from there you can arrange for taxi or Limo ... about 100km

NakhonChai Air VIP bus are going from Surin to BKK to. but,

I want to go from Roi-Et to Bangkok.

repeter

You can fly direct to Roi-et from swampy airport. PBAIR, flight times are crap though. about 2000THB

A taxi will set you back around 6000THB

The bus takes too long 7 hours with a stop in korat but only 500THB. Buy 2 seats and take a rest.

I have done all of them. and the taxi is the best option

You can fly direct to Roi-et from swampy airport. PBAIR, flight times are crap though. about 2000THB

The bus takes too long 7 hours with a stop in korat but only 500THB. Buy 2 seats and take a rest.

PBAir NEXT!

PBAir NEXT!

lol, did not know it had gone bankrupt

OK... Nok Air to Buriram -- you have to get to NokAir at Don Muang from the Swamp -- then somehow from Buriram to Roi-Et (KK is much closer than Buriram to Roi-Et) ... up to you...

It depends on where in Roi Et province the village is - but in fact KK is about half an hour further from central Roi Et than Satuek, which is where the Buriram Airport is.

Also, KK airport is about an hours drive north of central KK, and so even further away from central Roi Et.

Also, the roads from KK to Roi Et are busy main roads, and the route from Satuek to Roi Et is almost deserted by comparison.

Edited by tommet

The OP mentions 'Tha tom' which if also spelled 'Tha Tum' as on my map is actually in just across the border into Surin Province and maybe his village is just north of that across the boder back into RoiEt Province... but then he also mentions staying in a hotel in RoiEt...

Given his time constraints, I would have the folks in RoiEt arrange for a van with driver to travel down to BKK and pick them up at the airport... then do the reverse... maybe also use the van around the province... maybe 1500 baht per day or so with driver plus fuel...

I know exactly what you mean. I have been in the same position several times at the village in fact the last time I swore would be my last. I also like Roi-Et and it such a shame about PB Air. It was all so easy when they were around. 2 years ago we also flew Thai Air to Khon Kean and were driven to the village but this is still quite a journey but several years ago we used a bus with air con from Roi-Et to BKK direct. It took close to 8 hours and the air con had a lot of trouble keeping up with the heat. Since then I have heard of others that have used this bus and done the trip in much less time so I guess that I was just unlucky. The bus left from the bus depot in Roi-Et at around 7.30 AM and was cheap and easy to book a seat. Hope this helps.

I live in Roi Et and use Sahapan Tour's VIP service to and from Bangkok. Excellent service, reserved seats, good aircon, 24 seat bus, lunch stop for 20 mins in Korat. Usually a dreadful video though. Several VIP trips each day. Check it out for yourself:

http://www.sahaphan.com/line.php?h=3&sline=1

They use gate 47 from Mo Chit and have a VIP bus that leaves at 9.30 am, and arrives Roi Et about 3.45pm. (I prefer to travel by day, but they also have night journeys if you want that)

cheers

Aahhh - I see you want to travel Roi Et - BKK. Suhaphan have a 24 seater VIP bus that leaves Roi Et at 8.30am, arrives BKK (Mo Chit) before 4pm, exactly when depends on traffic. Mo Chit to Swampy is an easy taxi ride entirely on the expressways, B200 or so. Hundreds of taxis wating for you at Mo Chit. I have used this company several times and can recommend them. You can book in their office near the Roi Et bus station or buy your ticket on the day. I see the website says you can now buy on line!!!

cheers again

Aahhh - I see you want to travel Roi Et - BKK. Suhaphan have a 24 seater VIP bus that leaves Roi Et at 8.30am, arrives BKK (Mo Chit) before 4pm, exactly when depends on traffic. Mo Chit to Swampy is an easy taxi ride entirely on the expressways, B200 or so. Hundreds of taxis wating for you at Mo Chit. I have used this company several times and can recommend them. You can book in their office near the Roi Et bus station or buy your ticket on the day. I see the website says you can now buy on line!!!

cheers again

Thanks, that was what i was looking for. :D

repeter

NCA MoChit < > Khon Kaen leaves just about every half-hour morning to midnight ... The Roi-Et bus maybe one per day? ... then it is just a matter of connections given about 2 hours drive Muang Roi-et to KK.  

• 3 weeks later...

The OP mentions 'Tha tom' which if also spelled 'Tha Tum' as on my map is actually in just across the border into Surin Province and maybe his village is just north of that across the boder back into RoiEt Province... but then he also mentions staying in a hotel in RoiEt...

Given his time constraints, I would have the folks in RoiEt arrange for a van with driver to travel down to BKK and pick them up at the airport... then do the reverse... maybe also use the van around the province... maybe 1500 baht per day or so with driver plus fuel...

I agree - this is the best solution.

• 4 weeks later...