Pattaya Immigration Office Now Open On Saturdays

george

Pattaya Immigration office now open on Saturday morning

PATTAYA: -- The Immigration Department’s Pattaya office is now open on Saturday mornings in addition to its existing Monday-Friday service.

Police Colonel Itthipol Itthisarnronnachai, superintendent of Pattaya Immigration Police, announces half-day service for Saturdays.

Superintendent of Pattaya Immigration Police, Police Colonel Ittipol Itthisarnronnachai, said that the additional opening hours were necessary to provide greater convenience for the large number of foreigners in the city who require their visas extended and other support services.

Pattaya is the first of 54 Immigration checkpoints to provide Saturday morning service. The hours are from 8 a.m. to 12 noon.

Pol Col Ittipol said that the Immigration Department has also added an internet service for hotels, who can now declare their foreign guests faster. Usually the hotels report to the Immigration office, but now they send the information via the internet.

--Pattaya Mail 2005-07-01

• 2 years later...

It was open previously on Saturdays then closed, it is now open again according to their web site

Pattaya Immigration Bureau

Soi 5 Jomtien Beach Rd. Moo. 12 T. Nongprue A. Banglamung Chonburi 20150

Tel : 038 – 252 - 750

Fax : 038 – 252 - 751

E-mail: [email protected]

Office hours : Monday – Friday 08:30 am. – 04:30 pm.

: Saturday 08:30 am. – 12:00 pm.

Pattaya Immigration site

Well, then I was there last Saturday, a few days ago, the door was in fact open. I went in, there was a woman there who told me that it is closed. I asked her, in Thai, if this is temporarly or permanent. She said that from now on it is Mon - Fri only.

I suppose they forgot to update their homepage.