Recommend Good "Older Buildings" In Bkk

Yes, I am looking for recommendations for specific buildings. thanks.

I bought a 126m2 2-bedroom unit at Premier Condo two years ago. It's about 200m inside Sukhumvit 24 from The Emporium. The building will be getting their two elevators replaced with new ones between Jan and Mar next year.

Photos of my refurbished unit: http://forums.speedguide.net/album.php?albumid=52

Just curious, how are the elevators being paid for? Does each unit pay a fixed amount, do larger units pay a higher amount? was there a vote to decide this?

looks great, what price did you pay pre-refurbishing and how much did you put into the refurbishing? if u do not want to share these details that is fine. thanks.

Edited by Chunky1

Just curious, how are the elevators being paid for? Does each unit pay a fixed amount, do larger units pay a higher amount? was there a vote to decide this?

looks great, what price did you pay pre-refurbishing and how much did you put into the refurbishing? if u do not want to share these details that is fine. thanks.

The resolution to replace the elevators were passed in an owners' AGM last April. Cost will be shared in proportion to voting rights and collected in equal instalments over 12 months, starting this month of July. Advance payments to lift contractor will first be from the building's sinking fund.

Bought it at Bt6m, all tranfer costs by seller, a few tens of thousands. Renovation was around Bt1.1m and a further 200k for furniture and equipment. That was in late 2008. Heard a couple of units looking for buyers at about Bt6.5m for similar size. Mine is on the 7th floor of the 12-floor building. You can enquire at the condo office. Ask for Khun Pim, the manager.

Edited by trogers

• 2 weeks later...

See below for two specific "older" condos which are well managed, and in good condition, als much bigger than most new dinky condos. The prices are accurate and current to the best of my knowledge but its a buyer's market so may be less.

Asok Towers on Asok +/- 260 m2 for +/- 15 million baht

Tower 33 just of Sukhumvit 33 +/- 320 m2 for +/- 16 million baht