Anyone Been In The Military?

ValeN

Sawadee everyone, newbie here.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody here has any experience in the military (especially in the Thai army). The thing is, I've been called up to register myself and I'm flying to Bangkok in a few weeks to do so. I'm intending not to enlist in the army since I'm still a student here in Sweden and I have priorities to consider. But I'm dying to hear some insights from those that have military experience.

Search under keywords 'dual citizenships', 'dual nationality' or 'conscription' in 'Thai visas, residency and work permits' forum should turn up a few threads with relevant discussions that should give you some insight to the topic.

Edited by Nordlys

Given that you are studying in Sweden you'll need to contact the Thai embassy there, as I beleive there is a certification process that needs to be done so that the conscription officer is happy with the paperwork certifying that you are studying.

As Nordlys says, do a search, but essentially once you graduate, as a university graduate, you have the option of volunteering for 6 months. Given that you speak English and were educated overseas, most likely you'll end up doing 12 weeks basic training, and then get stationed at Military headquarters undetaking international related work.