Great Daily Vitamins ?

LJW

You might want to have a look in Boots Pharmacy.

A few years ago i needed some multi vitamins, some specific B vitamins and some 'Royal 'Bee' Jelly. Boots (night market) had a variety of vitamins for sale and I found the Royal Jelly, a little further along at a Health Food shop close to McDonalds.

Good luck!

A few years ago i needed some multi vitamins, some specific B vitamins and some 'Royal 'Bee' Jelly. Boots (night market) had a variety of vitamins for sale and I found the Royal Jelly, a little further along at a Health Food shop close to McDonalds.

Good luck!

It depends on your activity levels, age, lifestyle choices (alcohol, smokes, food and so on). I work hard, try to train hard (sometimes), do not smoke, but... other things. I have found a cocktail of vitamins from GNC (Kaed Suan Kaew in CM) to work well. One multivitamin, 1 B-vitamin complex, 1 B-12 and then 1 C vitamin. All of them from GNC. Sign up with them and you get a 20-30% discount. I probably have a few too many drinks sometimes, but this vitamin cocktail has helped me quite a bit.

Good luck!

It depends on your activity levels, age, lifestyle choices (alcohol, smokes, food and so on). I work hard, try to train hard (sometimes), do not smoke, but... other things. I have found a cocktail of vitamins from GNC (Kaed Suan Kaew in CM) to work well. One multivitamin, 1 B-vitamin complex, 1 B-12 and then 1 C vitamin. All of them from GNC. Sign up with them and you get a 20-30% discount. I probably have a few too many drinks sometimes, but this vitamin cocktail has helped me quite a bit.

Helped you quite a bit in what way? What problems did you have before you started on the cocktail of vitamins and how have those problems been alleviated?

Good luck!

Helped you quite a bit in what way? What problems did you have before you started on the cocktail of vitamins and how have those problems been alleviated?

Sorry. Not everyone are familiar with a drink or two too many. I was actually in a B-vitamin deficit and the immunesystem overall was a bit down from way too much work - colds and flu's every month after trips abroads. I should say that to kickstart my system I took triple of what I mentioned above in vitamins, but after a month I went down to my earlier mentioned dosage. During the last three years, I have not had any of the earlier problems despite more or less having kept the same lifestyle. Pretty basic stuff I guess, but it worked for me and I have no links to GNC :)

No-one should need vitamin supplements unless they are deficient. A balanced diet and intake of vitamins will mean there is no need toadd any others. Apart from a con trick by the manufacturers and retailers, there is also the danger of overdosage.

There are some disorders and diseases that requires supplemental vitamins but these need correct diagnosis. For example, pernicious anaemia requires vitamin B12 and this can only be given by injection. Ricketts requires vitamin D, but this is a disorder of childhood.

I was under the impression that most women need more calcium than they get from a Thai diet, especially post-menopausal women. My internist in the U.S. told me that most of the post-menopausal bone loss that women experience occurs in the first few years after the on-set of menopause, yet the sympthoms don't appear for at least ten years.

All the women in my family die basically from osteoperosis -- sure the death certificate lists something else, like pneumonia. But the pneumonia wouldn't have developed if the patient hadn't been bedridden due to a broken hip.

It's so easy now to do bone density tests and I'm so glad to see that CM Ram includes it as part of their "package physicals" even for older men. I see many older western men around CM who look like they could have dangerous bone loss. It can be especially obvious if a man has a history of smoking and regular drinking to excess.

I'm a GNC member and note their "Member Days" on my calendar. On those days I can stock up on calcium supplements and psyllum fiber (for another problem) at an excellent discount.

Good luck!

I myself have tried that particular drug store. It seems some times they have what I want and other times never heard of it.

At any rate I take the Vitamin b12 it is good for the nerves my feet don't tingle so much when I take it. The Vitamin B 3 Niacin is hard to find It helps to clean the blood. I found it but it was watered down They say take three a day. It is 300 MGs. Back in Canada I found them in 1000 MGs that is to much as it makes you flush and itch all over for about five minutes. I don't know what there Royal Jelly is like I see it where I get my Bee Pollen and honey just across the sreet from Boots and north about 150 meters. They have a good selection of honey there also.

Quote; "A balanced diet and intake of vitamins will mean there is no need to add any others".

The problem being, what constitutes a "balanced diet" these days, and even if one did partake of this, how much damage has been done to that diet by the use of insecticides, pesticides, anti-mould sprays, overuse of agricultural chemicals and so on.

In addition, many of the ingredients in the sauces used in Thai cooking contain additives such as MSG and others which are not conducive to good health.

IMO a multivitamin is even more necessary when living in Thailand.

If the size of the vitamin is a problem, then you could purchase empty pill capsules at the pharmacy and fill them with ground up vitamins. It's not as tedious as it sounds. I prepare capsules once a month for the cat, grinding up the cat vitamins with a mortar and pestle and filling the empty pill capsules with the vitamin powder I've created. The pet tabs are suppose to be "attractive" to the cats, but of course they are studiously avoided when I try to simply put them into the cat's food. The capsules are easier than the large round vitamins to cram down his throat.

This could work with human vitamins, too. You would create two smaller capsules from each vitamin, rather than trying to swallow one big "horse pill".

All the vitamins your body would ever need are at any "fresh" fruit and veg market. Especially in a country like Thailand where there is plentiful supply.Buy yourself a good quality juicer and say good bye to expensive pills

I was under the impression that most women need more calcium than they get from a Thai diet, especially post-menopausal women. My internist in the U.S. told me that most of the post-menopausal bone loss that women experience occurs in the first few years after the on-set of menopause, yet the sympthoms don't appear for at least ten years.

All the women in my family die basically from osteoperosis -- sure the death certificate lists something else, like pneumonia. But the pneumonia wouldn't have developed if the patient hadn't been bedridden due to a broken hip.

It's so easy now to do bone density tests and I'm so glad to see that CM Ram includes it as part of their "package physicals" even for older men. I see many older western men around CM who look like they could have dangerous bone loss. It can be especially obvious if a man has a history of smoking and regular drinking to excess.

I'm a GNC member and note their "Member Days" on my calendar. On those days I can stock up on calcium supplements and psyllum fiber (for another problem) at an excellent discount.

Calcium is not a vitamin, men and women need it has they get older. Particularly if your not fond of of can't tolerate dairy products. Any Doc will tell you the best way to get your vitamins is plenty of fruits and veggi's. Some say that aside from costing money, multivitamins just make a vitamin rich sewer system :whistling:

YMMV

cr

All the vitamins your body would ever need are at any "fresh" fruit and veg market. Especially in a country like Thailand where there is plentiful supply.Buy yourself a good quality juicer and say good bye to expensive pills

OUCH

I had one in Canada it used the whole fruit peel and all. Some times you would have to add water or ice to liquefy it. It was wwonderfull you could make up some really weird things my oldest is a physical fitness nut he would put fruit and veggies in it along with a protean powder. He would then throw tuna fish in to it. It was Tuna out of a can that was packed in water. Takes after his mother.

OUCH

I had one in Canada it used the whole fruit peel and all. Some times you would have to add water or ice to liquefy it. It was wwonderfull you could make up some really weird things my oldest is a physical fitness nut he would put fruit and veggies in it along with a protean powder. He would then throw tuna fish in to it. It was Tuna out of a can that was packed in water. Takes after his mother.

I'm not sure if I would like Tuna in my mixes but if you do your homework on the internet there are a zillion recipes for healthy vitamin drinks. I think its our pill popping society or laziness that prevents many people from participating. The added benefit is that you see with your own eyes what you are putting into your body. Is that the case with a vitamin company which are profit oriented ? with products that sit for months in a warehouse or on the shelf. Today we drank carrot and celery juice, mixed, both vegetables fresh from yesterdays local market.