If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

An inspiring voice in contrast to the deeply pessimistic lyrics.......you see what a burden we had to bear rgs? Only 14 years old and lyrics like these to ponder. Us hippies and prog rock fans had to take life very seriously with the whole world upon our shoulders.

You on the other hand, were lucky growing up in the punk era, 3 minute songs, a bit of gobbing and spitting, a couple of cans of Tennents Super,( alcohol content 10% plus} and you were away

• Like 1

Dont worry I do the same with the bang kaew, get more sense outta the dog than i do the mrs, LOL.

You mean the dog doesn't like Coronation Street?

Time for some old hippies talking to the wind

You mean the dog doesn't like Coronation Street?

LOL, BN, I posted the story before about being stopped by the police, Sgt Somchai with his Pan Ray sunglasses and shiny peaked hat told me to wind the window down, i told him i couldnt, he was having none of it, okay dokay up to you.

Next minute "ee" gaew who had been sleeping in the footwell on the passenger side launched herself at the window, all fur and fangs flashing, her master was in distress, Sgt Somcahi almost shyt himself, bai hut ork bai see.

LOL, not mentioned, my balls were the size of watermelons as the poor dog was trying to get herself out the window, the back legs were paddling twenty to the dozen on my lap.

Anyway on the subject of Irish music, it dont come much better than this.

An inspiring voice in contrast to the deeply pessimistic lyrics.......you see what a burden we had to bear rgs? Only 14 years old and lyrics like these to ponder. Us hippies and prog rock fans had to take life very seriously with the whole world upon our shoulders.

You on the other hand, were lucky growing up in the punk era, 3 minute songs, a bit of gobbing and spitting, a couple of cans of Tennents Super,( alcohol content 10% plus} and you were away

LOL, brilliant stuff, a couple of cans of Tennents Super,( alcohol content 10% plus} and you were away

Over on another thread the CCs are complaing about Bia Chang, these bon viveurs also mention other such HiSo beers as, Cheers Extra and Red Horse, lets not forget an upcountry favourite, Archa, LOL.

Tennents, much loved by the hippies, we punks preferred Carly Special brew and, this lovely brew,

post-39258-0-39221600-1433430517_thumb.j

You failed to mention, snake bites, real end of the month stuff,

Has this made it up your way yet?

post-39258-0-22786700-1433430580_thumb.j

Talking of Special Brew, who can forget this classic?

Would the PC brigade be all over this these days in the UK, thankfully the Thais have no such qualms about calling someone fatty (uan).

Big Buster shakes his tailfeather.

Bang Kaeow, my boss has 2, i'm not sure why, but they're equivalent to these beasts

On the farm we've had several dogs over the years, running and leaping across the paddies, they've always had a wonderful life .One, called Su,named after the great singer from Korat, Sunari Ratchasima, used to paw the front door in the morning with one of my shoes in her mouth, demanding to go running together across the fields, .

None managed to live out their full life span- dog stealers, poisoners, cars, the heat, all took their toll.

In memory of Su

• Like 1

As a youngster I remember the group Earth, Wind and Fire and the Free album Fire and Water. But the words didn't really sink in although I went to school in the Yorkshire Moors where wind, rain and snow were plenty,

It was only when i moved to Thailand i could really appreciate how the soil changes in the seasons, from mud in the rainy season, abundant with worms, to a cracked clay and dust by March.

In the rainy season fire is impossible, water flowing from one rice paddy to the next, in a series of mini waterfalls, a wonderful gurgling sound and view, whilst in March fire can spread for kilometres at the drop of a match.Dry banana leaves, dried eucalyptus branches and leaves, a firestorm in seconds, and the wind blows like it's just come out of a microwave.

None of this is noticeable in the city where pavements wet and dry remain the same and air con is never far away.

DB, I hope Ray Davies is right and rain falls in June.