The Park Jomtien

Thaifan2

I like the potential the Park condo complex has with the one side facing full grown trees giving it a feeling that you are in a tropical forest with the sounds of nature during the day and night. There is also a small stream with a wooden bridge that goes across the water to the main entrance. The problem is that small details of landscaping, walkways, and other items are not finished that would not require a lot of cost. Meanwhile the architect/builders spent ridiculous amounts of money building a huge so called "elaborate" entrance wall/gate to the place (what a waste of time and money that could have gone toward a more sensible outdoor project, The condo building themselves are nice built with good material and detail.

I wish I had a condo there.

What holds you back from buying one?

I bet there are plenty of owners who want to get rid of theirs.

Wrong!!

I like the potential the Park condo complex has with the one side facing full grown trees giving it a feeling that you are in a tropical forest with the sounds of nature during the day and night. There is also a small stream with a wooden bridge that goes across the water to the main entrance. The problem is that small details of landscaping, walkways, and other items are not finished that would not require a lot of cost. Meanwhile the architect/builders spent ridiculous amounts of money building a huge so called "elaborate" entrance wall/gate to the place (what a waste of time and money that could have gone toward a more sensible outdoor project, The condo building themselves are nice built with good material and detail.

I wish I had a condo there.

What holds you back from buying one?

I bet there are plenty of owners who want to get rid of theirs.

Wrong!!

Maybe I'm nearsighted then, because I could find 17 units for sale in less than 5 minutes.

This were the first 10 results when I entered the park jomtien in Google

http://www.hipflat.co.th/en/pattaya/condo/the-park-jomtien

7 units for sale and 2 for rent at The Park Jomtien. Average market price is ฿56304 per sqm. Price trend: falling.

http://pattayacondoguide.com/condominiums/The-Park-Jomtien-condominiums-in-Jomtien,32.html#Units-For-Sale

Edited by Anthony5

Building A was handed over around 4 years ago, building B (The middle one) has been structurally complete for the same period. I have not been back since 2010 but I'm guessing the units for sale and rent are in building A unless hopefully someone can tell me otherwise.... beers are on me if anyone is passing and can update me.

I don't even know who to contact there anymore or how many more poor souls like me have bought and have not closed on completion.

Nidge

• 3 months later...

Went by there the other day and saw several cars parked and a group of around a dozen men, not looking happy. Looked like a confrontation was brewing so I scurried away. Next day, some thuggish looking black shirt 'guards' parked there at the entrance.

-One building looks occupied.

-The next building looks finished but unoccupied.

-The third building looks 80% complete.

I am amazed that people here buy off plan, I know it has been said many times before in this forum, it is a huge risk without an escrow account guarantee. Thai owned SET listed companies would seem to be much safer, if anyone wanted to buy a new build unit.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

i know is an old topic, but one of my friend is interesting in this complex.

Any news?

if i understand correct building A is fine and they have a jurist entity, but i am wondering who is the owner of all the land that stay around and also the swimming pool area? Anybody know that?

thanks

Edited by marino28

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2011 at 0:32 PM, londoedan said:

Why not invest in another Pattaya Condo ?

I've heard that there are some units at Suan Sawarn that are still available and apparently will be completed this year (2011) :rolleyes:

Simon

Did Suan Sawarn ever get completed? I used to know people who had put money up but lost touch with them over time.

• 1 month later...

I remember warning a acquaintance from school about investing his money in the Suan Sawarn project. As far as I know, he didn't take heed.

At least the exchange rate at the time was more favourable.

Haven't seen anything since these were posted;

https://web.archive.org/web/20140702174413/http://www.anaakot-group.com/thailand-property-articles/184-suan-sawarn-condo-project-in-jomtien-2014-update.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20140805055116/http://www.anaakot-group.com/thailand-property-articles/186-suan-sawarn-condo-project-in-jomtien-feb-2014-update.html

On 5/9/2017 at 8:55 PM, Goldenballs said:

I'm told its going through the courts now, but god knows what happens there

The Park or Suan Sawan? JamJar says there's been nothing reported about the latter since 2014. I knew people who were all fired up about it and keen to invest, lost track of what happened as they all seem to have drifted home since then.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, tomster said:

Can anybody offer any input into what The Park is like from the point of view as a renter, not an owner?

How bad could it be?

It's a bit far from the main road, but if you have your own transport that wont be an issue.

I suppose there might be some noise from the Rompho market bar area, or from other nearby condo projects that are still being built. You can easily verify that by driving around there at various times of day/night.

Apart from that a quick look at the pool and other facilities should show whether they are in good order or not. Check also that the building isnt being used as a hotel for Chinese.

2 hours ago, tomster said:

If you read some of the thread you will see there has been a whole world of <deleted> going on the this condo development for many years.

My concerns are that day to day running of the place might not be up to scratch. Things like security, pool maintenience, general day to day stuff.

I have read all the thread. My point was that a quick visual check of the various common areas and services will usually speak volumes, whether you get any direct input from other renters or not.

1 hour ago, tomster said:

Thanks for your suggestions.

I would also love to hear from a renter that currently lives or has recently lived there.

Thanks.

You may get lucky that a renter will post here.

Or you can just go there yourself and talk to a renter.

On 11/16/2017 at 1:56 PM, KittenKong said:

How bad could it be?

It's a bit far from the main road, but if you have your own transport that wont be an issue.

I suppose there might be some noise from the Rompho market bar area, or from other nearby condo projects that are still being built. You can easily verify that by driving around there at various times of day/night.

Apart from that a quick look at the pool and other facilities should show whether they are in good order or not. Check also that the building isnt being used as a hotel for Chinese.

I think transport is an issue which is why i would never rent/buy there.  A bike/car is OK for during the day but i wouldn't use at night. Apart from being dangerous the Police are hot on stopping people for drink/driving. It would be difficult to get to/from there via public transport at night.

46 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I think transport is an issue which is why i would never rent/buy there.  A bike/car is OK for during the day but i wouldn't use at night. Apart from being dangerous the Police are hot on stopping people for drink/driving. It would be difficult to get to/from there via public transport at night.

Yes, location may be a problem depending on how you are prepared to travel. Personally I dont mind driving at night (in town) and I never drink enough to run any risk of being fined. So The Park would quite suit me apart from it lacking my current high-rise view, which I rather enjoy.

I suppose that Uber/Grab might be suitable for those who like an evening out drinking.

• 1 month later...
On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2560 at 11:02 AM, tomster said:

Thanks for your suggestions.

I would also love to hear from a renter that currently lives or has recently lived there.

Thanks.

Hi - I'm currently renting a condo and can give these info :

Security is good - 24/7, at night 2 guys at work. 1 is sitting at the parking and 1 inside.

There is no noise at all from Karaoke bar some 300m away.

Pool is nice and secluded but sunbeds are horrible - look like they got them second-hand or from a junkyard ...

Unfortunately a few days ago somebody has started to clear the big forrest area opposite The Park and who knows whats gonna be build there ... very noisy in daytime of course.

Biggest problem for me personally is that our neighbor is very noisy with music late at night (3-5am) - we stop him but he just do again a few days after. He's a drunk or junkie, maybe both but unfortunately an owner so hard to do something about him except kick his teeth in eventually.

We have complained to the Manager that he break condo-rules with this noise but nothing really change - we all know how these so called managers are. This is gonna be the reason why we are not gonna renew our contract.

Let me know if you need further info

• Like 1