"...Has Just Posted A Reply To A Topic That You Have Subscribed To Titled ..."

LaoPo

xxx has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled xxxx

Like this one:

http://www.thaivisa....75#entry3839423

When I click on the link it steers me to the very first post and not the post on page 9, where it is.

Only post #1 is showed, the rest is not (of page 1)

This happens on several topics; sometimes with only post #1, sometimes page # 1

I have than to click on the last page (9 for instance) but sometimes there have been many posts on previous pages and have to search which ones I read already and which ones not.

??

LaoPo

Are you 100% sure you clicked on the correct link in the email?

IIRC, there are two: one to the beginning of the thread and one to the "get new posts" link - i.e. the link that you (and I) want to use.

Unfortunately, this very very very very useful link is at the very very very very bottom of the email. So it is a real pain to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a very very very very long email to get to it.

A simple change to the notification email would fix this - just put the dam_n link at the top.

But I guess it's low priority like being logged out in the middle of composing a post just because someone sends you a PM. How very useful that little feature is!

Yes, it says:

"The topic can be found here:"

http://www.thaivisa....25#entry3840042

This is the link about the Phuket 'Killer Brit' Lee Aldhouse.......etc....

The topic opens indeed but at post #1 and further NOTHING, just post # 1 whilst at the same time there are 9 pages.

So, a few topics have the same problem, not all topics.

LaoPo

Yes, it says:

The topic opens indeed but at post #1 and further NOTHING, just post # 1 whilst at the same time there are 9 pages.

LaoPo

Oh, OK - that link works for me. I get to grumpyoldman's post and can see the rest.

However, I just got logged out because someone sent me a PM while I was previewing one of my posts. The PM popped up and I tried to view it only to find I wasn't logged in! :cheesy:

How can that happen? Getting logged out in the middle of writing a post? There is something very wrong with this software and one day it will all crash and burn.

Yes, it says:

LaoPo

Oh, OK - that link works for me. I get to grumpyoldman's post and can see the rest.

However, I just got logged out because someone sent me a PM while I was previewing one of my posts. The PM popped up and I tried to view it only to find I wasn't logged in! :cheesy:

How can that happen? Getting logged out in the middle of writing a post? There is something very wrong with this software and one day it will all crash and burn.

I just clicked again on that link:

It opens at page 1, post #1 and further nothing apart from having the possibility to click on <<first page, or go to page 8 and 9....:(

And, there are more topics who show this kind of behavior.....

like this one, same-same:

Quite irritating.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Clicking on the link in the above post gives me this result;

post-22191-016667000 1282911426_thumb.jp

Thanks; if I open your attachment it says that the topic has been closed.

I still get page 1 - post #1

LaoPo

I've been getting this annoying problem as well.

I believe it is because I am not logged n to the forum when I click on the link.

Despite selectng being always logged in, if I close my browser, I am logged out of Thaivisa.

I have now cleared my cookies as recommended in another thread in this forum and hope that will sort it.

When the link takes you to the 1st post of a topic, check that you are logged in.

LaoPo

If you clicked on my 'attachment', which is an uploaded file, you should see a picture & not anything else. The pic I uploaded clearly indicates that the final post is #224.

LaoPo

If you clicked on my 'attachment', which is an uploaded file, you should see a picture & not anything else. The pic I uploaded clearly indicates that the final post is #224.

Correct; I was referring to the content WITHIN the picture. Sorry if you misunderstood.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo