The Bangkok Airways Rant Thread

carmine

carmine, get used to it, and enjoy life. BKK AIR is not going to lower there prices for samui, cos they built samui airport shopping street, and it will take 40 years or so to cover there money

We are lucky that now there is an alternative way via boat and nok air.

Yes it takes longer, how many thai visa members are going to use it?

Samui is an up and coming place for people with money, and they dont mind paying 100 pounds for a 45 mins flight.

Don,t frown too much, at least your house will go up in value, when this becomes the peurto benis [ or however you spell it] of spain

As far as I can see Koh Samui is going down the pan! Up and coming maybe 10 years ago! I've never seen the place so quiet in the last 2 years! Although not all due to BKK AIR they were not helping! As for their shopping street! What a disaster and a waste of money! When you get to the airport you want to check in and go! Bad idea!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

carmine, get used to it, and enjoy life. BKK AIR is not going to lower there prices for samui, cos they built samui airport shopping street, and it will take 40 years or so to cover there money

We are lucky that now there is an alternative way via boat and nok air.

Yes it takes longer, how many thai visa members are going to use it?

Samui is an up and coming place for people with money, and they dont mind paying 100 pounds for a 45 mins flight.

Don,t frown too much, at least your house will go up in value, when this becomes the peurto benis [ or however you spell it] of spain

As far as I can see Koh Samui is going down the pan! Up and coming maybe 10 years ago! I've never seen the place so quiet in the last 2 years! Although not all due to BKK AIR they were not helping! As for their shopping street! What a disaster and a waste of money! When you get to the airport you want to check in and go! Bad idea!

Now we have the pleasure of walking past all of the said shops as well. No choice to be ferried there like before.

All to maximize BA's profit margin. Never bought anything there and never will. :angry:

need some govement people to take bangkok airways to court. first need to see if there is a case. At the moment this is robbery and illegal. So in the real world if it was to go to court then Bangkok air would lose but then we in in T.I.T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CNN went totally downhill in my mind over their incredibly biased reporting of the protests in Bangkok.

Why should i be surprised that they allow airtime to tis airline and not evev deem fit to mention the rip off pricing from here.

Edited by carmine

Thai Airways slashes prices by 50% to boost tourism during Songkran

BANGKOK, 12 April 2011 (NNT)-Thai Airways International (THAI) has slashed its prices by 50% during Songkran Festival while the elders are able to use the Airport Link train for free.

Executive Vice President for THAI's Commercial Department Pandit Chanaphai has said the prices of domestic flights en route to Bangkok from across the country except from Samui Island will be reduced by 50% from 12-14 April, 2011.

All flights flying to Bangkok from Chiang Mai costs 1,580 THB, Chiang Rai 1,830 THB, Khon Kaen 1,360 THB, Udon Thani 1,415 THB, Ubon Rachathani 1,485 THB, Krabi 1,755 THB, Phuket 1,875 THB, Surat Thani 1,680 THB and Hat Yai 2,055 THB. All tax and fees have been included.

Meanwhile, the same prices for all flights leaving Bangkok to these provinces, including a popular tourist spot of Hat Yai, will be applied from 16-18 April, 2011 except for Samui Island. Senior citizens aged 60 and above will also be exempted from AiportLink City Line fee from 13-15 April, 2011.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-04-12 footer_n.gif

Edited by PoorSucker

Thai Airways slashes prices by 50% to boost tourism during Songkran

BANGKOK, 12 April 2011 (NNT)-Thai Airways International (THAI) has slashed its prices by 50% during Songkran Festival while the elders are able to use the Airport Link train for free.

Executive Vice President for THAI's Commercial Department Pandit Chanaphai has said the prices of domestic flights en route to Bangkok from across the country except from Samui Island will be reduced by 50% from 12-14 April, 2011.

All flights flying to Bangkok from Chiang Mai costs 1,580 THB, Chiang Rai 1,830 THB, Khon Kaen 1,360 THB, Udon Thani 1,415 THB, Ubon Rachathani 1,485 THB, Krabi 1,755 THB, Phuket 1,875 THB, Surat Thani 1,680 THB and Hat Yai 2,055 THB. All tax and fees have been included.

Meanwhile, the same prices for all flights leaving Bangkok to these provinces, including a popular tourist spot of Hat Yai, will be applied from 16-18 April, 2011 except for Samui Island. Senior citizens aged 60 and above will also be exempted from AiportLink City Line fee from 13-15 April, 2011.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-04-12 footer_n.gif

disgusting, but only BKK Airs fault !, really BKK Air should have done a 50% sale or more over Songkran to help the island out ! , many hotels are already suffering from alot of cancellations, i beleive this songkran will be 50% less busy then last year....

" except for Samui Island " so it looks like samui residents are paying for these cuts. i wish i could put another letter into the word cuts without getting a warning though my message is clear cuts!

a beautiful buffet, eh, boutique airport and the choice to fly to Bangkok or not and nice open air cars from/to the aircraft and the possibility to make a nice ride by ferry to Khanom and maybe on the ferry you are lucky by finding a lottery ticket or meeting an old friend from elementary school, who gives you all his fortunes or/and his stunning wife/her husband or you can see a yellow submarine on the way or...

How can you know what have happened, if prices would be different...?

a beautiful buffet, eh, boutique airport and the choice to fly to Bangkok or not and nice open air cars from/to the aircraft and the possibility to make a nice ride by ferry to Khanom and maybe on the ferry you are lucky by finding a lottery ticket or meeting an old friend from elementary school, who gives you all his fortunes or/and his stunning wife/her husband or you can see a yellow submarine on the way or...

How can you know what have happened, if prices would be different...?

Do I remember correctly that you are caring for package tourists? In this case none of them knows what the part BKK-USM-BKK costs - included in a package that anyhow often seems giving the hotel for free. That Samui is suffering as now too many hotels offer package deals is clearly showing on the holidaycheck review pages. 2, 3 years back there was rarely a non recommendation, now you'll find one to three of them on every page listing 10 hotels. If BKK Airways prices would be reasonable like their BBK - HKT fares more individual travelers would return to the island.

can't get the context... or perhaps you, 'cause that was the answer to the poster before, who clearly seems to be not a package tourist.

And was has the package argument you are quoting to do with individual travellers? Nothing at all...

And: Samui suffering now....??? You must be someone somewhere out there but not here right in the middle of happenings

can't get the context... or perhaps you, 'cause that was the answer to the poster before, who clearly seems to be not a package tourist.

And was has the package argument you are quoting to do with individual travellers? Nothing at all...

And: Samui suffering now....??? You must be someone somewhere out there but not here right in the middle of happenings

If you read it the second time - you might get it!

• 4 weeks later...

Another promotion is coming on the 12th

Bkk - Samui: 1,950 THB

- One-way fare from Bangkok to Samui or Samui to Bangkok

- Ticketing period : 12 – 22 May 2011

- Travel period : 12 May – 31 July 2011 (Blackout : 13 – 17 May 2011, 15-18 July 2011)

- Maximum Stay : 7 Days

- Changing of Route, flight, date, name is not permitted

- Fare is exclusive of Airport Tax 100 THB

- Seats are limited on every flight

- Travel period : 12 May – 31 July 2011 (Blackout : 13 – 17 May 2011, 15-18 July 2011)

"We reserve the right to behave like a budget airline when it suits us." Still its good to see the correct normal fare being posted here even if it applies to a few dozen tickets a year.

"We reserve the right to behave like a budget airline when it suits us." Still its good to see the correct normal fare being posted here even if it applies to a few dozen tickets a year.

so they have 1 row only !,

bit like my free flight i am due from my flyer bonus which i have had for ages, as when ever i try to use i CANNOT !

there are so many rules to this fair it is still less of a head ache to fly air asia. got to purchase btwn 12th and 22nd then u cannot change your flight. so u might have to pay the full fair if u need to come back early of something like 10 k. plus there are black out days for somereason.

also i reckon that booking these seats would be hard. have the feeling something will go wrong. like we have rtn available for that date but not one way from samui.

just another get people in the door scheme which bangkok airways will probably profit more and the customer will be not much better off.

the word is b+++++++ks

The last time they had this promotion (November), it worked perfectly well, i booked my flights Samui - Bangkok - Samui for 4,200 THB.

Please explain: when it's 4,500 THB one way, people complain (which i understand). When they have some promotions, some are still complaining: not enough seats, can't change flight,...

Just book for you (don't care if there are only 20 seats, just get yours) and at the time you wish to fly. Easy

Edited by samui34samui

The last time they had this promotion (November), it worked perfectly well, i booked my flights Samui - Bangkok - Samui for 4,200 THB.

Please explain: when it's 4,500 THB one way, people complain (which i understand). When they have some promotions, some are still complaining: not enough seats, can't change flight,...

Just book for you (don't care if there are only 20 seats, just get yours) and at the time you wish to fly. Easy

Will letyou know on Thursday whether the tickets are booked or not. :rolleyes:

well there's going to be some competition for those seats, i've got some family visiting in july and they just happen to be booking US-BKK tomorrow.

*cracks knuckles, flexes fingers and prepares to hit refresh...refresh...refresh...

well there's going to be some competition for those seats, i've got some family visiting in july and they just happen to be booking US-BKK tomorrow.

*cracks knuckles, flexes fingers and prepares to hit refresh...refresh...refresh...

<chuckle> I'll leave that stuff to my flunkies...:whistling::lol::ph34r:

Not so long ago I thought just about every ticket started in excess of THB 4,000?:unsure:

If you look now, for say June travel, then the starting price is THB 3,160 for BKK-USM. It looks like they may have (for now) REDUCED their prices?

Cant book tomorrow 12th

Cant book tomorrow 12th

well at least they can book the US-BKK portion of the flight as it's not on bangkok air.