90 Day Report

Old Croc

I've posted this in the Phuket forum to benefit from local knowledge.

I'm coming up for my first ever 90 day report. I have an OA and I live in Rawai.

I've downloaded the TM47, and can photocopy PP, rental agreement, airport card, etc.

I would like to avoid the parking hassels and the hoards standing in line in the Immi office in Phuket City.

Is there another place I can use? I believe there is an Office in Patong, can I go there?

Or, can I mail it all in? I obviously don't want to pay an agent thousands just to deliver a form across town, any alternatives?

Thankyou

Terry

Patong Immigration even worse for parking, nowhere near to park. I think Patong still accept the 90 day reporting. But from Rawai I would just go to Phuket Town office, and it's not that busy right now. I'm usually in and out in 5 minutes when I do my 90 day report. Doubt whether you can post it in.

Patong Immigration even worse for parking, nowhere near to park. I think Patong still accept the 90 day reporting. But from Rawai I would just go to Phuket Town office, and it's not that busy right now. I'm usually in and out in 5 minutes when I do my 90 day report. Doubt whether you can post it in.

Thanks, I guess I just have to do it that way.

Thanks, I guess I just have to do it that way.

It really is painless. The farang volunteers are very helpful as well.

or you could just not report at all and pay the fine when your one year comes up.

Would never consider doing that when there is absolutely no need, but then again if you are the sort of person that does not pay his tax or generaly does nothing right then go for it, personaly I do everything that is expected of me and have never never had a problem any where.

As we all know requirements differ from one Immigration office to another. I recently moved to Phuket from Pattaya and before that in Chiang Mai. When doing the 90 day reporting in Chiang Mai and in Pattaya all that was necessary was the reporting form and your passport. When my Filipina wife and my American daughter reported last week at the Phuket Town office, they were sent out back to make copies of passports,etc @ 10Baht per copy. We have never had to do this for a simple 90 day report. Definitely not a big deal but different that other places....;):ermm:

As we all know requirements differ from one Immigration office to another. I recently moved to Phuket from Pattaya and before that in Chiang Mai. When doing the 90 day reporting in Chiang Mai and in Pattaya all that was necessary was the reporting form and your passport. When my Filipina wife and my American daughter reported last week at the Phuket Town office, they were sent out back to make copies of passports,etc @ 10Baht per copy. We have never had to do this for a simple 90 day report. Definitely not a big deal but different that other places....;):ermm:

You only need the form and passport when you report here.

If its the first time you report in Phuket they need copies of passport etc for there records.

• Like 1

You only need the form and passport when you report here.

If its the first time you report in Phuket they need copies of passport etc for there records.

Oh ....I was wondering if that was their angle. Since we never had to do this when we went to Pattaya for the first time, it seemed odd. Pattaya immigration IMHO was by far the best service I had encountered dealing with any of the Immigration offices. In Chiang Mai my yearly retirement extention was truly an ordeal that took anywhere from several hours up to two days to get done even with EVERY requirement done and all my " I's" dotted and all my "T's" crossed. In Pattaya I got my yearly extention finished in an hour.Looks like a push on the green button for you Peter for your intelligent and helpful response. They are becoming rare these days it seems on TV.

Edited by bunta71

10 Bhat a copy? I have only ever paid 1 bht per copy.

yes and not paying tax and not doing a 90 day report are the same thing. One you can wind up in jail, the other you pay a 2000baht finewhistling.gif

Sorry dont understand your logic why pay a 2000 bht fine when there is no need to, you must be referring to lazy people who are very wealthy.. personnaly I like to do thing's right at all times and as I said before I have never had any problems with anyone.. still each to there own..

When doing the 90 day reporting in Chiang Mai and in Pattaya all that was necessary was the reporting form and your passport.

Just to update you on CM. They have required a copy of your passport for the last couple of years now.

When doing the 90 day reporting in Chiang Mai and in Pattaya all that was necessary was the reporting form and your passport.

Just to update you on CM. They have required a copy of your passport for the last couple of years now.

When i was there on Friday they did not want the 90 day report, they stamped the old one in

my passport to return on 1/12/2010 and told me to keep the form for next time

You can report in Patong, I used to ride my motorbike there and park in front, they are only open two hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. I think it was 9-11 AM and 1-3 PM. For some reason they always want a copy of your front picture page of your passport. At Phuket town, if you have reported there before as Peter said, just your passport and the volunteers even help you fill in the form and take it to the officer to just sign. If it's your first time reporting there then a copy of your front page of your passport is required. I'm usually in and out in about 5 minutes. Really quite pain free, other than having to drive there.

Definitely cannot post the report - according to the rules, you have to attend in person. However, immigration are slacking off in some areas and agents are being used again.

Definitely cannot post the report - according to the rules, you have to attend in person. However, immigration are slacking off in some areas and agents are being used again.

The official rules specifically says that you do not have to report in person. This is from the Imigration Bureau homepage about 90 day reporting:

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

4. The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

However, some offices have their own rules and require you to report in person.

Sophon

• 3 weeks later...

Successfully negotiated my 90 day report this week.

Heaps of parking at Immigration, served immediately and out again literally in minutes.

Only problem was working out all the left, right, left turns to get to the required street.

Thanks to all.

Successfully negotiated my 90 day report this week.

Heaps of parking at Immigration, served immediately and out again literally in minutes.

Only problem was working out all the left, right, left turns to get to the required street.

Thanks to all.

Glad to hear it went well for you! I went in on Tuesday this week and I kind of know the guy that does the 90 reporting. He just turned my paper over in the back of my passport and stamped it again. Then me said to me you've been in Phuket a long time! How many years now? It took maybe two minutes. I spent more time waiting for my GF to come out of the toilet than it took to report!

Edited by Jimi007

• 7 months later...

Posted here rather than start a new thread that might get moved to another forum.

Question: Does anyone know if you need to report to Immigrations at the time of changing your address? My 90 day is due a couple weeks after I move, and I'm not sure if I should wait until then to report the address change or make a separate trip to report it.

Thx!

Posted here rather than start a new thread that might get moved to another forum.

Question: Does anyone know if you need to report to Immigrations at the time of changing your address? My 90 day is due a couple weeks after I move, and I'm not sure if I should wait until then to report the address change or make a separate trip to report it.

Thx!

Can't help with official rule, but I would simply wait until regular 90 days and report it at that point.

This question about address change was asked in topic

Answer

Complete the TM28 Change of Address one page form and provide that to immigration when doing your next 90 day address reporting. Or, go process the TM28 form now as you are suppose to do that immediately when changing addresses. You'll need to take your passport also.

Thanks guys. And is this change of address form available at the office in Patong, or would I need to go to Phuket Town?

Download the form from Thaivisa and print it out.

http://www.thaivisa....-over-24-hours/

That link didn't work when I tried it. I reported it. The Thai Immigration link is fast and friendly.

Edited by Jimi007