Swedish Man Murdered In Bangkok

webfact

Why would the swede, a highly educated guy, fluent in the language no less be hooked up with or even interested in such a woman. He appears to actually be a "handsome mane" to boot.

Many of those girls remind me of contestants on the Jerry Springer Show, a US TV program that manages to find bizarre people that typically become violent during the show.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jerryspringershow1?blend=2&ob=4#p/u/0/hCL36ogOFDo

Very sad story.

Back on point!

I was shocked to encounter the alleged 'killer' leaving her old stomping ground Toy Bar this evening, just as I was entering. Leaving so fast and unexpectedly I scarcely had time to realise it was her, let alone address her.

She'd apparently been in there a long while having a chat and a drink with a few pals! (<deleted>??)

All any of the chicks in there would later say about the alleged murder was .... 'accident' .... 'accident'!

This thing leaves more than a few very serious questions!

Edited by atyclb

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be honest i could have there or there abouts on that imahinary list.. We had just moved into s amall room, brand new inside, around 4500bht a month. Nice room, for one, not that it was small, but simply me and the mrs needs lots of room away from each other.

well weve just had a row, i hsdnt even raised voice at her and BOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM she charges me with me 2 knives, one very large the other around 6 inch spud oeeler,, so i shoted in sgression OIIIIIIIIII stop it now, you cant kill me. She stopped in her tracks and asked me why ( very comicsl looking back). I ripped open my t-shirt and shown her a tattoo on my chest and said " have you forgotton already" lol, superman tatt.

So she dropped the knives into the knife tray and then went into the shower room to carry on washing clothes.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now if theres 1 thing i hate its when a woman is talking about you in a bad way in another room, when all the time its going through my mind that shes attacked me with 2 knifes and we had only been together s few months.

So i picks up the smallest knife, walks in the shower/wash room and shes crouched down doing the washing, so what i ment to do was say " Nobody threatens me with a fkn knife, bitch" and towards the end of saying it, thow the knife against the tiles on the wall and then for it to drop hsrmlessly 0n the floor or bucket.

Sadly even superman messes up, as her hand was the rased it to hang up an item of clothing the knife was in flight and went right inbrtween her index finger snd thumb and into the vien.

Sorry for swearing but there was so much blood and the more blood she seen the more and more she screamed and she wouldnt let me anywhere near her to sort it. This was with the tap running awell , yet there still blood rivers flowing.

It made me think if she had of turned around at the time, it could of gone into eye ball, throat.

Anyhow were still together knocking on a year now. She stopped using knives around 2 months ago ( yup she would still use them ) as she went into the flesh of my knee and wanted more, i recon when she came out of her physcotic state she was more scared than me, especially as i left her once she went back to work.

Glad I dont have your life, why the hel_l are you still with her ?

Really – If people dated within their own social, economic and educational demographic and behave as they would back home there would likely be no more or no fewer issues here than there.

That said – Anything can happen anywhere at any time. It seems that inhumanity is now a normal part of humanity.

RIP Mr Johan Winlöf

SUPERB COMMENT

inhumanity has always been a part of humanity throughout history

Majority of the problem came from "Where you pick your wife or G/F from?"

If you picked her from Soi Cowboy, Sukhumvit 7, Patpong...... either she will kill you slowly or killing you suddenly.

You will be so lucky if your girl came from those areas and you don't have to deal with Drug, Gambling, Financial problem, In-Law drama....... etc etc......

I am sure there are good girls out there anyhow.

Moreover, leaving home...drinking with mates in those areas very often can cause problemsssssssssssssssssssss... depends on how tough she is and how well manage of her anger!

Good Luck, my friend!

What do you mean with "pick"??? If you "pick" and she agrees to be "picked", no matter if educated or not, what is there to be expected? Maybe you think "with the time she will learn to love me"

Dream on

Was reading a bit about this in krobkruakao yesterday. Quick translation with a few more details here:

Swedish Man Stabbed to Death

Thai wife stabs to death her Swedish husband in their Ekamai apartment after an argument

The incident occurred at 3:00 am on Thursday the 9th September. Mr Fredrick Johan Winlöf, 45, from Sweden, was stabbed to death and died in the parking lot of his apartment in Soi Ekamai 30. Klong Tan police, on going to the scene came across Mrs Aranong Winlöf, 27, the Thai wife of the deceased standing there waiting to give herself up. An initial investigation revealed that Mr Winlöf was an accountant and they had lived together for 4 years, arguing regularly. Before the murder they had been sitting drinking alcohol in front of the building. A short while after going back up to their room they began arguing and the deceased started to become violent so his wife picked up a knife. Mr Winlöf didn't back down and she proceeded to stab him on the chest and he died on the way to the hospital.

http://tinyurl.com/2v34ody

Also some more in Khaosod:

http://khaosod.co.th...HdPUzB4TUE9PQ==

Thanks katana.

Just wondering though if anyone had seen coverage of this terrible event in any of the English language media here?  Couildn't find anything in the BKK Post or The Nation.

If there was any, I missed it. If there wasn't, it seems more than a little strange, especially as Johann was well known in business/ex-pat circles here!

What about Thai TV news or Thai print media (aside from that above)?

Among a number of odd aspects to this case, two really stand out.

1. Johann was a very large and very strong guy. Not only that, he was an accomplished martial artist (even had his own Muay Thai school here a few years back.) On the other hand, the wife is really tiny (guessing 4' 9"" .... 35 kg ... ish) It's hard to understand how she could have been able to stab him in the chest (in the back, maybe), let alone with such force to fatally wound him. Unless perhaps she did it while he was sleeping.

2. Why did she then wait patiently around for the cops to come arrest her?  I asked my missus what she'd do in such a case (hope I'm not putting any ideas in her noggin!), and she said she'd be out of there pronto ... but not back to her parents' place. That'd be my logic too - if I'd deliberately  killed someone, I'd be outta there like the clappers !

Related questions also arise here, like..... Who called the cops? Was the wife even arrested? If so, how did she get bail so fast? ... etc.

Almost every tragedy we read about here could have been avoided with some clear honest communication.

I once had the same misconception.

You will meet a wonderful girl one day and realize that none of your ideas of how you can defuse their anger with words actually work. Especially if they are drunk/tired/in withdrawal/other...

But could you be a doll and tattoo a reference number under your foot so we can ID you when you enter the news?

Almost every tragedy we read about here could have been avoided with some clear honest communication.

I once had the same misconception.

You will meet a wonderful girl one day and realize that none of your ideas of how you can defuse their anger with words actually work. Especially if they are drunk/tired/in withdrawal/other...

But could you be a doll and tattoo a reference number under your foot so we can ID you when you enter the news?

Especially if they are drunk/tired/in withdrawal/other...

You forgot the most important one - Hungry.

I've found that once a Thai girl gets angry, their brain shuts down and goes in to auto mode. There is absolutely NOTHING you can do about it.

One question for the archives:

Someone mentioned 'Toy Bar'. What kind of establishment is that?

Is that the one in Cowboy?

If it is, it's a run of the mill girly bar with pole "dancers". Nothing special, but not terrible ........ so people tell me. whistling.gif

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if the police/judge ultimately decides for the “accident theory”, the wife will most likely be entitled to her late husband’s assets.

Don’t want to insinuate anything :rolleyes: , but a mathematic equation might come to mind if you happen to be very cinical:

(Assets X Greed X Premeditation) + ...other non-mentionable factors = Investigating Speed + Accident

Really – If people dated within their own social, economic and educational demographic and behave as they would back home there would likely be no more or no fewer issues here than there.

That said – Anything can happen anywhere at any time. It seems that inhumanity is now a normal part of humanity.

RIP Mr Johan Winlöf

Thailand is a bandit-tribe with a flag. There are some very smart people here. There are some very moral

people here. But pathetically few of either. The almost total lack of ethics which is constantly on display

is not because of Buddhism, but in spite of it. The religion practiced here is called "Thai Buddhism," to distinguish

it from anything even vaguely resembling what Buddha actually taught. The beginning and end of Buddhism is

Morality--something the vast majority of Thais, educated or not, are incapable of conceiving in the same fashion

we do. To a Thai, GOOD is anything which puts money into his pocket, and EVIL is anything which keeps money out

of his pocket.

I had a Thai girlfriend back in farangland. She had put herself through Chula (since here family deemed

her unworthy of higher education, and schooled her brother instead). Ended up ex-Thailand, further educating

herself, choosing a career in a branch of public mental health services which is pretty much recession proof. She speaks

absolutely flawless, totally unaccented English. She has no Thai friends, BY CHOICE. She considers herself

Buddhist, but has no truck with the denizens of the Thai wat. She understands that the majority of Thai people

suffer from what might be called 'moral deficit disorder,' and she prefers companions of good moral character.

Thai norms--lying, cheating, stealing, 'drunking,' gambling, whoring, total lack of common sense, and basic irresponsibility--render LOS a far-less-than-desirable place for a person with 'values.' I have read of a few other Thais like her in this last respect.

This thread contains several references to good Thai women. As far as farangs are concerned, that may be

taken to mean "one who is clever enough take you to the cleaners without actually resorting to cutting your throat."

I have been involved, at different times, with two 40 y.o. Thai professional women here, both long-time government

employees. My experience has been that Thai women may be lovely. They may be charming. They may (or may not)

provide sex which is 'to die for.' They may (or may not) be excellent, energetic housekeepers. But when it comes

to intelligence, you a dealing with a person who has a MENTAL AGE OF TEN. They are almost totally incapable of

thinking like adults, reasoning, or grasping the concept of 'cause and effect.' In spite of their alleged education, they do not now, nor will they ever be able to speak or understand English above the bar-girl level (if that). If you were able to see inside that pretty little head of hers, you would be looking into the equivalent of a 'Dick and Jane' reader. I find that it is more intellectually stimulating talking to cats than to most 'educated' Thais.

A Thai woman might sincerely believe she loves you, and wishes you nor harm--but her 'Family First!' attitude

(which does not include you, stupid farang!), combined with her being slammed, crammed and jammed full of The Sacred Way of the Buffalo (aka Thai Education), can have only devestating consequences for you.

The vital necessity of respecting the King is very real to her.

The vital necessity of making puja to the phi is very real to her.

You, a basically despised alien cosmonaut on Planet Thailand, can never be REALLY REAL to her.

You can spend three straight hours patiently, with countless examples, explaining why the the Thai way of child-rearing is totally unacceptable to you, and a absolute deal-breaker. No objections whatsoever on her part. Then, when the rubber actually meets the road, it as if you never broached the subject with her. Every single goddamned thing you specifically inveighed against at considerable length is presented for you to deal with. And she can't even begin to grasp why it is that you are feeling 'mai sabai jai!'

She may seem to be the queen of mattress magic, and a sterling housekeeper (inasmuch as her mentality allows), but the Thai woman who is a suitable mate for a farang of even moderate intelligence is a very rare one indeed.

Very well written. You could write a primer for those contemplating a serious relationship. I do find them extremely inflexible and incapable of seeing anything but the Thai way.

Tragically she'll get a light sentence. She'll clame he beat her and she lost face. He's a falang defiling budism, yakity yack yack..... same old xenophobic crap in thailand no justice for falangs...............

Swedish businessman murdered in Thailand

BANGKOK: -- A successful Swedish businessman was stabbed to death in Bangkok.

A family quarrel ended in tragedy when the 45-year-old man stabbed in the chest.

Now, his Thai wife arrested - suspected of murder.

In more than 20 years, the 45-year-old businessman living in Thailand.

There he had a consulting company and helped including Swedes who wanted to buy a house in the country. He was also one of the Swedish embassy advisor in connection with the 2004 tsunami.

Was stabbed in the chest

On the night of Thursday Thailand time the man got into a fight with his Thai wife - and the Swede was stabbed to death.

- It is true that a Swedish man has been murdered. Apparently so is there have been some sort of family tragedy, "said foreign ministry's press officer Anders Jörle.

According to Thai media is now his wife arrested on suspicion of murder.

Well known in the country

The Swedish businessman was well known among Swedish entrepreneurs and people living in Thailand and had a number of major Swedish companies in the country on its client list. After studying in Sweden, moved abroad and the man he both wrote and spoke Thai fluently.

- He is a very well-known businessman here in Thailand. He ran a company that helped other companies to settle down here. What he did not know is not worth knowing, "says a source to Aftonbladet.

The man's relatives in Sweden are informed of the incident.

-- Aftonbladet.se 2010-09-10

Translated via Google translate from http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article7754753.ab

I'm from the US and i feel safer here than in LA

well I'd say as long as you don't marry a Thai wife, you will continue to be safer than in the US! :ph34r:

ANYWHERE is safer than LA......It's true though, seems all the Thai wives I know are really angry about something almost all the time. Whats up with that??

The US is really safe, stop with the demonizing. I lived in LA for 15 years and have never had a problem. It's important to remember that there are 2 types of people in this world, victims and volunteers. Some people are volunteers for all the trouble they get into.

Edited by Hollywood3000

RIP Mr Johan Winlöf

Thailand is a bandit-tribe with a flag. There are some very smart people here. There are some very moral

people here. But pathetically few of either. The almost total lack of ethics which is constantly on display

is not because of Buddhism, but in spite of it. The religion practiced here is called "Thai Buddhism," to distinguish

it from anything even vaguely resembling what Buddha actually taught. The beginning and end of Buddhism is

Morality--something the vast majority of Thais, educated or not, are incapable of conceiving in the same fashion

we do. To a Thai, GOOD is anything which puts money into his pocket, and EVIL is anything which keeps money out

of his pocket...................................

....................She may seem to be the queen of mattress magic, and a sterling housekeeper (inasmuch as her mentality allows), but the Thai woman who is a suitable mate for a farang of even moderate intelligence is a very rare one indeed.

Wow. I'm in tears.....from all the reading. Great entry nonetheless sir.

Geriatrickid is quoting Eva Lundgren, a so called gender researcher who actually believes that there are secret male satanist societies raping and killing children in Sweden. Lundgren believes that men are animals and was quite active in promoting the once so popular pseudo scientific theories regarding repressed memories. I am not saying that there are no wife beaters in Sweden, but if you are going to use statistics to back it up, don't use Eva Lundgren because she is on a par with Trofim Lysenko.

I can cite other studies that show a similar pattern. However, my point was that the numbers merely indicate that domestic violence occurs in Sweden as well. The fact that there is Thai on Foreigner or Foreigner on Thai domestic violence isn't anything special since domestic violence is domestic violence. This is why I wrote as follows;

Do not make the assumption that Thai women are predisposed to killing foreigners. Look at the Swedish domestic violence data. Despite the grim numbers, is it fair to label all Swedish males as bullies and killers? No it is not.

I agree, domestic violence occurs in Sweden too, and some Swedish men are prone to violence. But Thailand is, for a number of different reasons that I do not have to elaborate on here, a more violent country than Sweden. I am going to stick my neck out and say that there is a higher percentage of violent women in Thailand than in most fully developed countries. Hence Thai women are more likely to kill their husbands than their western counterparts. Sure, it is the Land of Smiles, but violence always simmers under the surface.

well I'd say as long as you don't marry a Thai wife, you will continue to be safer than in the US! :ph34r:

ANYWHERE is safer than LA......It's true though, seems all the Thai wives I know are really angry about something almost all the time. Whats up with that??

The US is really safe, stop with the demonizing. I lived in LA for 15 years and have never had a problem. It's important to remember that there are 2 types of people in this world, victims and volunteers. Some people are volunteers for all the trouble they get into.

For some inexplicable reason you cannot read about a Thai issue/story without someone finding it necessary to bash the U.S..

It is about a Swedish man murdered in Thailand supposedly by his Thai wife. Please focus.

If necessary start a U.S. bashing post and don't go back to LA.

Edited by overhaul38
  • Like 1

Here are the facts...

The headline is "Sweden Farang murdered in BKK"!

The wife did it! Witnesses saw it! Hours later she is back at the bar as the hero who pulled the knife out of the farangs chest after he accidently stabbed himself! The Thai Police have already let this animal out of jail.

She goes straight back to the bar to look for a new ATM.

RIP to all past and future farang victims!

You sound surprised. How long have you been in Thailand?

• Like 1

I wonder how this Swedish 'business man' was in the private life with his wife...

I`ve been living in Asia and South East Asia for quite a few years and I saw many foreign a**holes around, treating local people like a sort of undeveloped animal and complaining all the time, but still taking advantage of local girls who are in need of money to support their families. And girls are really not happy to be with a foreigner who is 20-30-40 years older then them, most of times ugly and fat. They are persons, they suffer and bear the weight of their 'slave' conditions (being enterpreter for the man, helping him with daily difficulties, standing when they are drunk, making love at any time without the chance to say: no, I don`t want today dear...).

And when the woman can`t accept anymore the situation, than she suddenly turns violent. How surprising, uh? She probably has been under psycological violence since she was young, in the condition of a toy to be used at men`s discretion. Asian women are like a vase of water, getting full day after day till the moment of collapse. And when the quiet oriental personality had enough of men`s abuses, than we are in troubles guys. Everywhere I`ve been was the same: China, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam...

Foreigners in Asia can be really a**holes, also the wealthy and high educated business men, I`ve heard discussions among foreigners touching the lowest level of respect for the human being.

I think it`s time to look into our hearts and admit there are quite good reasons if foreigners are murdered by their love partner or business partner (which sometimes are the same person).

Don`t get me wrong, I`m not saying that killing people is right, i`m not justifying any murderer as I deny violence at any stage.

But foreigners should really start to give more respect to local people, to their social background and culture, and start treating them as persons, behaving like they would behave in their own country. But that can be a problem too, as many expats are not really the best persons on their own country as well.

Maybe i`ve been too direct in my post, maybe i`ve hurted somebody writing the above words, but we know it`s all true and i`m not hypocrital like many people are. So don`t be surprised to read these news.

Take care guys, start to buy a flower instead of a beer to your gf/wife, your life would be better and you won`t have anything to worry about.

And for the Swedish man in subject, may he rest in peace. Amen

• Like 1

RIP Mr Johan Winlöf

A Thai woman might sincerely believe she loves you, and wishes you nor harm--but her 'Family First!' attitude

(which does not include you, stupid farang!), combined with her being slammed, crammed and jammed full of The Sacred Way of the Buffalo (aka Thai Education), can have only devestating consequences for you.

The vital necessity of respecting the King is very real to her.

The vital necessity of making puja to the phi is very real to her.

You, a basically despised alien cosmonaut on Planet Thailand, can never be REALLY REAL to her.

The fact that she cares so much about her family, to the point of always helping them reflects a level of decency, Thai's tend to be 'socialist' in the way they behave, they see that her foreigner boyfriend has extra money where her family has none-so she feels that you can 'share' some of your wealth with them, because now your part of the little clan that she comes from.. If she were totally selfish she would just take your money and spend it on herself.

It depends on where in (greater) Los Angeles you live in, if you live in Santa Monica or Orange Country it is safe.. If your an American expat here you probably lived in the more affluent parts(Hollywood3000). I lived in Long Beach close to areas that were mostly African American and Latino.. and I lived there during the late 80's and early 90's up until 1996 and it was NOT safe, high crime rate and many murders, and what was more distressing is that there the crime is often random; I don't beat my girlfriend(or have a toxic relationship with her) or get into fights with drunk blokes at the bar so here I feel very safe.. there every time i'm out on the sprawling neighborhood streets where there are few people walking around-you are a very easy target.. In America we have a society where the poorer areas have run down public schools, bad housing, and bad make that no health care, and an underfunded police force (because such things are funded by local taxes, like property) so there is this type of segregation.. In Europe everyone gets the same public school and health care and better housing is provided for the poor.. It's not about America bashing it's about fixing social ills instead of ignoring them and calling people who bring them to light "America Bashers."

It depends on where in (greater) Los Angeles you live in, if you live in Santa Monica or Orange Country it is safe.. If your an American expat here you probably lived in the more affluent parts(Hollywood3000). I lived in Long Beach close to areas that were mostly African American and Latino.. and I lived there during the late 80's and early 90's up until 1996 and it was NOT safe, high crime rate and many murders, and what was more distressing is that there the crime is often random; I don't beat my girlfriend(or have a toxic relationship with her) or get into fights with drunk blokes at the bar so here I feel very safe.. there every time i'm out on the sprawling neighborhood streets where there are few people walking around-you are a very easy target.. In America we have a society where the poorer areas have run down public schools, bad housing, and bad make that no health care, and an underfunded police force (because such things are funded by local taxes, like property) so there is this type of segregation.. In Europe everyone gets the same public school and health care and better housing is provided for the poor.. It's not about America bashing it's about fixing social ills instead of ignoring them and calling people who bring them to light "America Bashers."

FYI, YOU LIVED IN THE GHETTO during a recession. Property taxes are COUNTY not local. And for the record most of the crime is gang on gang.

Back on point!

I was shocked to encounter the alleged 'killer' leaving her old stomping ground Toy Bar this evening, just as I was entering. Leaving so fast and unexpectedly I scarcely had time to realise it was her,  let alone address her.

She'd apparently been in there a long while having a chat and a drink with a few pals! (<deleted>??)

All any of the chicks in there would later say about the alleged murder  was ....  'accident' ....  'accident'!

This thing leaves more than a few very serious questions!

Would you please see my PM which contains a heartfelt plea on behalf of a third party who would wish the investigating authorities to realise that this sad case is not going to go away without 'justice prevailing'? Your account above is important to their monitoring. Please trust me when I say, that this 'third party' is influential.

I thank you in anticipation.

Martin